Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 09-05-2020, 12:04 PM   #121
Afleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I listened to a few podcasts and heard several very smart people say they also don't trust the commercial speed figures for the Shared Belief even though it fits with the day.

When I mentioned this here, I thought I was bringing something worthwhile to the discussion. Maybe since all the "sharpies" are skeptical of the figure for that race also, I should be thinking in the opposite direction for value.

That figure "could" be inflated even though it fit with the rest of the day, but Honor A.P.'s overall record is better than the lesser looking horses that finished close to him that day. So maybe they all aren't as good as they look on numbers, but the slowish pace and his trip means he ran just fine and can make the favorite stretch his legs if Sheriffs has him cranked for a new top.

Unfortunately, it was also mentioned that Cezanne is running out of Shared Belief in the 9th race tomorrow in the Pat Day. So that may offer some kind of clue about the quality of that race.
scratched
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2020, 01:06 PM   #122
GMB@BP

I like Tiz the Law by open lengths over Thousand Words and Authentic. Never been high on Honor AP, didn't even think he is best 3yo in the barn.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2020, 02:12 PM   #123
Aerocraft67
Enthusiast

Posted wagers and rationale on other thread. I like a shot to get the distance under the favorite, particularly .
Aerocraft67 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2020, 06:58 PM   #124
CBYRacer

Good luck, everyone!

I'm going with Tiz the Law in an exacta over Max Player and New York Traffic
CBYRacer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2020, 07:11 PM   #125
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
If playing Super High Five add and to 5th spot. .
Bet my messed up a lot of tris and supers. Mr. Big News, his breeding was quite good for going long
I put a little on him
I was sure he'd come in, just thought lower down than he actually did.

I did not like Authentic at all, d'oh
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2020, 11:45 AM   #126
groupie doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by groupie doll View Post
I don't like Authentic much here, which means he'll probably win. The recent defections would seem to increase his chances somewhat.
Yep. I feel like George Costanza in that one Seinfeld ep. I should do the opposite of whatever my instinct tells me to do.
groupie doll is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2020, 12:33 PM   #127
Jayhawk6191
Having Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk6191 View Post
1. Authentic
2. Tiz the Law
3. The remaining pretenders
Nice payday on this call
Jayhawk6191 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-07-2020, 10:04 AM   #128
Mulerider

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2tornado View Post
The two horses that crossed the line first last year were Raise A Native line. I doubt it happens this year but will use a few in my vertical gimmicks.
There was a thread on here last year about the Raise a Native angle coupled with a sub-38 second final fraction in one of the major preps. As it turned out (according to the thread, I haven't verified it), four of the top six finishers met the angle: Maximum Security, Country House, Improbable, and Game Winner.
Mulerider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2020, 03:05 AM   #129
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulerider View Post
There was a thread on here last year about the Raise a Native angle coupled with a sub-38 second final fraction in one of the major preps. As it turned out (according to the thread, I haven't verified it), four of the top six finishers met the angle: Maximum Security, Country House, Improbable, and Game Winner.
Well that sure didn't point to Authentic this year. No RAN and he did not make any of the "cuts" on final 3/8, final Q, or final furlong from the charts I saw. He didn't even have Dortmund's numbers, who also did not hit the right final numbers to win the derby he ran in. I was just dead set against betting an Into Mischief to win the Ky Derby. And that cost me. I would do it again though LOL
I tracked that final fraction stuff for a number of years when I did a lot of charting (too much work), and did not find it to be "overly potent". I would still use as a piece of the puzzle at this point.

Last edited by clicknow; 09-08-2020 at 03:07 AM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply