Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-28-2020, 12:47 PM   #31
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
He may have said it, but I never heard it from him. Rush never "told" me "to" anything. And, why are you being so presumptuous to think that you know anything about my imagination? Are YOU attempting to TELL me something?
OMG, when you stop and read what Danny posted - HE thinks WE are being told by someone else what to say????

King Twitter himself?
The Royal Retweeter?
The Voice of the nameless?
The Ayatollah of Someonetolya?

Old 03-28-2020, 01:10 PM   #32
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
OMG, when you stop and read what Danny posted - HE thinks WE are being told by someone else what to say????

King Twitter himself?
The Royal Retweeter?
The Voice of the nameless?
The Ayatollah of Someonetolya?

why wouldn't he? someone tells him what twits to link.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2020, 01:53 PM   #33
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Oh, you mean he is a carrier?
Old 03-28-2020, 02:54 PM   #34
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Easter is coming........

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot4121.jpg (28.8 KB, 7 views)
Old 03-28-2020, 02:58 PM   #35
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Dems are still making plans for their convention in spite of COVID.

Attached Images
File Type: png Screen-Shot-2020-03-08-at-7.31.48-PM.png (122.9 KB, 1 views)
Old 03-28-2020, 04:02 PM   #36
fast4522

Quote:
Dems are still making plans for their convention in spite of COVID.
Their convention needs ventilators.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg joe_biden_train_toon-768x573.jpg (115.4 KB, 9 views)
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-31-2020, 01:01 AM   #37
MargieRose

Vote for me this December!

MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-31-2020, 01:03 AM   #38
MargieRose

Towed to Victory

Old 04-01-2020, 01:42 AM   #39
clicknow

Quote:
Are the Demos going to believe Tara Reade the same they believed Christine Blasey Ford?
Probably about as much as Republicans believed Anita Hill or Democrats believed Monica Lewinsky.

Question: Does it matter?

Answer: Want a list of Dem and Rep lawmakers who have been accused of sexual harrassment? In 2018 alone, 25 candidates for office ended their campaigns or bids for reelection after allegations of sexual harassment or misconduct. Those candidates were pretty evenly split between Republicans and Democrats.

I can assure you the names reach far and wide across both aisles. Or are you not aware of this?

People playing partisan politics only manage to look foolish in the end.

And, while you're at it, maybe you can explain why 1700+ accused catholic priests, brothers and school officials are not formally listed as registered sex offenders, are not sitting in prison, or even faced criminal charges. Tell us about the outcome of their victims "search for justice".

Being believed or not believed doesn't matter as much as the outcome. The result is what is important, and if you bother to do due dilligence on this subject matter, you will find that history is filled with women and children not being believed.

BUt hey, if you want to get away from jerry springer-esque boob tube supermarket tabloid type thinking, maybe you can take a look at the Congressional Misconduct Database---that is only a small piece of the puzzle, but it's educational:
https://www.govtrack.us/misconduct

Last edited by clicknow; 04-01-2020 at 01:52 AM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-01-2020, 01:46 AM   #40
fast4522

It is all so amusing, Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. will never become President of these United States.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-01-2020, 06:28 AM   #41
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Probably about as much as Republicans believed Anita Hill or Democrats believed Monica Lewinsky.

Question: Does it matter?

Answer: Want a list of Dem and Rep lawmakers who have been accused of sexual harrassment? In 2018 alone, 25 candidates for office ended their campaigns or bids for reelection after allegations of sexual harassment or misconduct. Those candidates were pretty evenly split between Republicans and Democrats.

I can assure you the names reach far and wide across both aisles. Or are you not aware of this?

People playing partisan politics only manage to look foolish in the end.

And, while you're at it, maybe you can explain why 1700+ accused catholic priests, brothers and school officials are not formally listed as registered sex offenders, are not sitting in prison, or even faced criminal charges. Tell us about the outcome of their victims "search for justice".

Being believed or not believed doesn't matter as much as the outcome. The result is what is important, and if you bother to do due dilligence on this subject matter, you will find that history is filled with women and children not being believed.

BUt hey, if you want to get away from jerry springer-esque boob tube supermarket tabloid type thinking, maybe you can take a look at the Congressional Misconduct Database---that is only a small piece of the puzzle, but it's educational:
https://www.govtrack.us/misconduct
Yes, Ms. Clicknow, there are a lot of examples; mine was but one and the only one I'm interested in, at the moment.

What I'm also interested in is when you are going to produce that supposed disparaging tweet by 'Candace Owens' that your "friend" sent to you, as I and xtb had asked you to do, and which you have so far ignored. Your credibility is at stake! And, don't expect me to answer your questions, when you choose to be above answering a few yourself.

In the meantime, kindly step down from your high horse. I don't appreciate condescending and snarky suggestions!
Old 04-01-2020, 06:53 AM   #42
clicknow

Quote:
Yes, Ms. Clicknow, there are a lot of examples; mine was but one and the only one I'm interested in, at the moment
I never saw you speak about the other examples. Guess you only pick and choose the ones that serve your personal political bias to "be concerned about."

Quote:
Your credibility is at stake!
Not really. But yours is....with me.
Its easy to notice how you never "call out" people who make claims about people you are poltiically aligned with, but don't ask the same questions of those who you aren't aligned with. I can give many examples but don't have the time for you.

You aren't important to me, so having no credibility with you means very little. You are a hypocrite. Let's just leave it there.

Nobody's perfect.

Candace Owens is now part of the group that is taking photos of hospitals (from parking lots and the streets) but not inside ICUs, and claiming nothing is going on and that Elmhurst and other places are not experiencing volume. If you want to press anyone about credibiilty I suggest you start there.

But of course, you won't, because you probably believe it.

FWIW, I'm an independent. I follow no party lines. This makes it harder during elections because I actually have to do quite a lot of research on 2 candidates, so that I can make a choice. Others only have to do it on 1.....or none at all, if they are lemmings.

I'm used to taking flak from both my Rep and Dem friends, since they all insist on telling "stories" about the other side and don't wish to emerge from that. Unlike you, I consider and study "all the examples". It's rather lazy not to.

Last edited by clicknow; 04-01-2020 at 06:59 AM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-01-2020, 07:47 AM   #43
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
I never saw you speak about the other examples. Guess you only pick and choose the ones that serve your personal political bias to "be concerned about."

Not really. But yours is....with me.
Its easy to notice how you never "call out" people who make claims about people you are poltiically aligned with, but don't ask the same questions of those who you aren't aligned with. I can give many examples but don't have the time for you.

You aren't important to me, so having no credibility with you means very little. You are a hypocrite. Let's just leave it there.

Nobody's perfect.

Candace Owens is now part of the group that is taking photos of hospitals (from parking lots and the streets) but not inside ICUs, and claiming nothing is going on and that Elmhurst and other places are not experiencing volume. If you want to press anyone about credibiilty I suggest you start there.

But of course, you won't, because you probably believe it.

FWIW, I'm an independent. I follow no party lines. This makes it harder during elections because I actually have to do quite a lot of research on 2 candidates, so that I can make a choice. Others only have to do it on 1.....or none at all, if they are lemmings.

I'm used to taking flak from both my Rep and Dem friends, since they all insist on telling "stories" about the other side and don't wish to emerge from that. Unlike you, I consider and study "all the examples". It's rather lazy not to.
I get it. You can't produce that tweet, so skirt around it with yet more presumptions and condescending remarks; apparently, even towards your friends..."stories"?

Look...this has nothing to do with defending or condemning Owens' remarks in her tweet. It has everything to do with you being able to back up your claim, as you were asked to do; in other words, to present the controversial tweet, if there actually was one. You failed.

And, don't be too sure about your credibility around here. If you're not too lazy to read carefully, you'll understand.

Enjoy your day!
Old 04-01-2020, 05:21 PM   #44
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Margie, a lot of work went in to that obvious deflective reply you just got!
The spin doctors must not be all out there fighting COVID - they are hard at work for Gropin' Joe......going all the way back to Anita Hill!!! OMG, talk about a r-e-a-c-h.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:22 PM   #45
MargieRose

Quote:
Margie, a lot of work went in to that obvious deflective reply you just got!
The spin doctors must not be all out there fighting COVID - they are hard at work for Gropin' Joe......going all the way back to Anita Hill!!! OMG, talk about a r-e-a-c-h.