Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-29-2021, 05:15 PM   #31
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Sure...

Have the truckers stopped moving gears around, or has the video's been uploaded yet?

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 08-29-2021 at 11:00 PM.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-29-2021, 05:50 PM   #32
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
I'm looking for a NEWS HOME.

Are there any FREE & *UNBIASED sources for TV NEWS?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
I can give you several. MSNBC. CNN. New York Times. Washington Post. Me.

Most people think you are trying to be funny, I honesty think you are so delusional about your extreme unmatched biased views you believe those sites are neutral. I must admit since Biden's latest display of extreme incompetence, playing the blame game and lying to try to save face the above mentioned are starting to turn on him and appear to have less of a left wing bias.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-29-2021, 06:53 PM   #33
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Most people think you are trying to be funny, I honesty think you are so delusional about your extreme unmatched biased views you believe those sites are neutral. I must admit since Biden's latest display of extreme incompetence, playing the blame game and lying to try to save face the above mentioned are starting to turn on him and appear to have less of a left wing bias.
So I do not think anything "Biden" we can hit Dave on, he is far more willing to give inelegant response. Specific questions he may or may not like but he gives as good as he gets regardless.
Old 08-29-2021, 07:40 PM   #34
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhenry81 View Post
We only watch CBC Canada, and NHK Japan in our our house. Not perfect, but surprisingly balanced regarding America.
True of that former souece
Old 08-29-2021, 09:47 PM   #35
dnlgfnk

Dave,

You might try AllSides...

https://www.allsides.com/media-bias/...ource_type_tid[1]=1&field_news_source_type_tid[2]=2&field_news_source_type_tid[3]=3&field_news_source_type_tid[4]=4

...and consider their methodology and interpretation of "bias", relying strongly on published material versus visual.

https://www.allsides.com/media-bias/...rating-methods

...If one gives the strongest value to "Absolutely Agree" in the community feedback column, it could be a starting point for your personal judgement of centrist views. For instance, C-Span received that designation from the public responders, as did the medical site Statnews, currently discussing Covid. "newsy.com" received a "Strongly Agree" ranking as its centrist positions, etc.

Or one could rely on AllSides itself, which presents news on a 5-scale and allows for potentially "all sides" of the issue presented from each perspective.
Old 08-29-2021, 10:49 PM   #36
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnlgfnk View Post
Dave,

You might try AllSides...

https://www.allsides.com/media-bias/...ource_type_tid[1]=1&field_news_source_type_tid[2]=2&field_news_source_type_tid[3]=3&field_news_source_type_tid[4]=4

...and consider their methodology and interpretation of "bias", relying strongly on published material versus visual.

https://www.allsides.com/media-bias/...rating-methods

...If one gives the strongest value to "Absolutely Agree" in the community feedback column, it could be a starting point for your personal judgement of centrist views. For instance, C-Span received that designation from the public responders, as did the medical site Statnews, currently discussing Covid. "newsy.com" received a "Strongly Agree" ranking as its centrist positions, etc.

Or one could rely on AllSides itself, which presents news on a 5-scale and allows for potentially "all sides" of the issue presented from each perspective.
That looks like an interesting site.
Thank you.
_______
My challenge is that every morning... okay, we might miss one a month... my wife & I read the newspaper over breakfast and TRY to listen to news.

The newspaper is a joke - and every time they try to raise us to $45 per month we say that we're done if the price is more than $13. Then they give us another year.
Seriously - the reality bar is set highest by Dear Abby.
So, that leaves us with ABC, MSNBC, CBS, CNN, Fox, and ???.

We tried Fox, but they have discussion shows as opposed to "news."

We tried OAN (via a smart TV app) and it appeared that they were Fox-light for $$$.

Last edited by Dave Schwartz; 08-29-2021 at 11:00 PM.
Dave Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-29-2021, 10:54 PM   #37
fast4522

Quote:
Thank you.
_______
My challenge is that every morning... okay, we might miss one a month... my wife & I read the newspaper over breakfast and TRY to listen to news.

The newspaper is a joke - and every time they try to raise us to $45 per month we say that we're done if the price is more than $13. Then the give us another year.

We tried OAN (via a smart TV app) and it appeared that they were Fox-light for $$$.
So besides skewing stories, you have to enjoy the commercials.
Old 08-29-2021, 10:59 PM   #38
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
So besides skewing stories, you have to enjoy the commercials.
LOL
It is the only piece of TV that we don't record.

In fact, I am a master at skipping the commercials. LOL

There's a button that jumps forward 30 seconds and another that jumps back 12 seconds.

I play those 2 buttons like a Stradivarius.
Old 08-29-2021, 11:10 PM   #39
dnlgfnk

Quote:
Thank you.
_______

The newspaper is a joke - and every time they try to raise us to $45 per month we say that we're done if the price is more than $13. Then the give us another year.

I can't imagine relying on the newspaper for anything but the NYT crossword, since the staff is composed of individuals produced by a generation or two of progressive academia. But that goes for all media today. It's my contrarian contention that we have been in decline since Descartes, regarding the question, "What is truth"?

Consider our best and brightest...."birthing people"...
Old 08-29-2021, 11:30 PM   #40
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnlgfnk View Post
I can't imagine relying on the newspaper for anything but the NYT crossword, since the staff is composed of individuals produced by a generation or two of progressive academia. But that goes for all media today. It's my contrarian contention that we have been in decline since Descartes, regarding the question, "What is truth"?

Consider our best and brightest...."birthing people"...https://twitter.com/HMSPostgradCE/st...83984604831744
Oh, we only buy it for the local news.
You know... who died, mostly. LOL
And, of course, to laugh at how every story is spun to the liberal agenda.

Oh, and also Dear Abby. Wasn't joking about that.

Today's
Woman's Parents Continue To Host Unfaithful Ex
DEAR ABBY: I divorced my cheating husband, but my mother keeps inviting him over to her and Dad's house. Not only does she invite him, she's now inviting one of the women he cheated on me with! She tries to justify it by saying she isn't going to keep him out of our daughter's life. Our daughter lives with my parents -- but she's 23 years old. Am I wrong to be angry and for telling my mom she was wrong for choosing him over me? Our daughter is an adult and can go to visit her father. -- CHEATED ON AGAIN IN COLORADO
They are highly educational. LOL

The questions are so stupid as to be entertaining.
Old 08-29-2021, 11:43 PM   #41
xtb

Quote:
Oh, we only buy it for the local news.
You know... who died, mostly. LOL
And, of course, to laugh at how every story is spun to the liberal agenda.

Oh, and also Dear Abby. Wasn't joking about that.

Today's
Woman's Parents Continue To Host Unfaithful Ex
DEAR ABBY: I divorced my cheating husband, but my mother keeps inviting him over to her and Dad's house. Not only does she invite him, she's now inviting one of the women he cheated on me with! She tries to justify it by saying she isn't going to keep him out of our daughter's life. Our daughter lives with my parents -- but she's 23 years old. Am I wrong to be angry and for telling my mom she was wrong for choosing him over me? Our daughter is an adult and can go to visit her father. -- CHEATED ON AGAIN IN COLORADO
They are highly educational. LOL

The questions are so stupid as to be entertaining.
So what advice did Abby give?
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-30-2021, 07:13 AM   #42
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
So what advice did Abby give?
DEAR CHEATED ON: Your mother entertains your husband and his "lady" friend (I use the term advisedly) because, for whatever reason, she can't let go of the relationship. Your feelings are justified. When the good Lord handed out mothers, he should have chosen one more supportive. This is why it's important for your emotional well-being that you move forward with your life. You can't control your mom, but you can control how much time you spend with her.
Old 08-30-2021, 07:44 AM   #43
boxcar

Quote:
DEAR CHEATED ON: Your mother entertains your husband and his "lady" friend (I use the term advisedly) because, for whatever reason, she can't let go of the relationship. Your feelings are justified. When the good Lord handed out mothers, he should have chosen one more supportive. This is why it's important for your emotional well-being that you move forward with your life. You can't control your mom, but you can control how much time you spend with her.
Sounds like good advice! Good ol' Abby...never fails...well, almost never.

By the way, another source for news that allegedly is biased toward the truth is CBN. I say, "allegedly" because I don't have any first hand experience with them. I get all my news online. Zero from TV or newspapers.
Old 08-30-2021, 09:00 AM   #44
Dave Schwartz

Thanks for everyone's help with this.

It seems I am searching for a unicorn.

Obviously, I won't find anything on Spectrum, so I searched for APPLE TV news apps.
  • CNN: Breaking US & World News
  • Fox News: Live Breaking News
  • ABC News
  • NBC News: Breaking & US News
  • Bloomberg: Business News
  • Washington Post
  • Al Jazeera English
  • iPlay News
  • Speech Central: News Reader
  • Sky News: Live and On-Demand

And so ends the search for an unbiased NEWS SHOW.

Would you like a side order of horse manure with your propaganda?

This ends our broadcasting day.
Old 08-30-2021, 10:48 AM   #45
mountainman

If any member stands indemnified from quarrelsome response, It should be you, Dave. But one or two posts came close. LOL.

And on an unrelated note: the signal is live streamed at cnty.com/mountaineer.

Last edited by mountainman; 08-30-2021 at 10:58 AM.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply