Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-29-2021, 06:29 AM   #31
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost king View Post
Not only are the death rates high but these drugs suck raw eggs when it comes to protecting against variants. So you can con yourself into believing these "vaxxes" are the greatest things since the invention of sliced bread but that isn't going to change the facts that they're not very safe or effective.
Old 08-29-2021, 07:27 AM   #32
Johnny V

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I don't know much about this guy Mercola, but I know mainstream types think he's a scamster. A LOT of his articles have links to vitamins and other nutritional supplements he's selling. That's not a good sign. Not that I trust everything we are being told by mainstream sources either, but some of the Covid coverage from non mainstream sources has been a bit off the rails. I'm just going to hope these guys are all wrong.
I have found Dr Mercola's articles to be very informative and helpful. I think his emphasis on good nutrition, exercise, and ways of strengthening ones immune system is spot on. I also enjoy his cutting edge investigation into new research and possibly new helpful treatments and current new examination studies of the old treatments as well. So he is selling supplements, what, he doesn't have the right to earn a living? From what I have seen his supplements seem to be of high quality.
As consumers we have the choice to buy his recommended supplements and vitamins or purchase them somewhere else or not at all. Some doctors are pushing pills from big Pharma and there have been reported cases of them getting kickbacks from the drug companies. Others are getting rich pushing chemotherapy treatments etc. So now they are going to crucify this guy for what he is doing?
Johnny V is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-29-2021, 07:59 AM   #33
Johnny V

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
The "thousands of doctors and scientists" are not just engaging in 'noble lies'...they are downright lying to the public and creating the most unhealthy society that the world has ever seen. How much criticism did Robert Atkins receive for many decades from the "establishment" because of his low-carb health advice? And only now, long after the good doctor has died, has the establishment finally embraced Atkins' concepts...even though MILLIONS of people through the years had experienced astonishing health improvement by following this pioneer's health guidelines.

Screw the "thousands of doctors", and do your own research when it comes to "health and wellness"...I say. And start BEFORE you get sick, because when serious sickness strikes, the fear and the desperation that accompanies it makes it almost impossible for us to shun the "conventional medicine" that the establishment wants to shove down our throats.

My wife was stricken with cancer in the year 2000...and the doctors at a much esteemed hospital gave her six months to live. Since conventional medicine couldn't cure her, I suggested to her that we follow the alternative medicine route, along with the "conventional" procedures that our 'mainstream' doctors were already prescribing. But when my wife discussed this with her "mainstream" doctors, the doctors laughed at the idea...and outright called alternative medicine not only a fraud...but also counterproductive to the "effective" treatment that they themselves had in mind for her at the hospital.

Fast-forward five years after my wife's death, and I myself was diagnosed with an advanced form of cancer...which the "mainstream" doctors told me would kill me in a year's time if it was left untreated. Even though I was the sole caretaker of a then 9-year old child...I totally ignored the "mainstream" doctors' advice...and relied strictly on the alternative medicine that the doctors had laughed at during my wife's ordeal. I decided to look to the MAVERICKS for my survival...and not to the mainstream fraudsters who are currently masquerading as "health care professionals". And...not only am I still here to tell the story, but I am also in the best health and shape of my life...three months shy of my 60th birthday. And my deepest regret is that I wasn't persuasive enough with my wife some 20 years ago.

And now, when I hear the "mainstream" fraudsters peddling the company lines that the pharmaceutical companies have fed them...I am reminded of what Linus Pauling (look him up) once said:

"There will never be a cure for cancer. Because, no matter how many people are dying from it...there are even more people making a living from this disease".
My situation was very similar to yours. I lost my wife to cancer and had two young children to raise on my own. The frustration, feelings of helplessness, anger, along with that rollercoaster of ups and downs over the whole time of her illness. We too went the conventional route of surgery, radiation, chemotherapy, bone marrow transplant etc.

At one point we sought out an MD who believed in alternative adjunct therapy, using vitamin C and other non invasive alternative treatments. She responded better to the chemo without the horrible side effects and her numbers were now holding steady but most importantly she was feeling better.

Then her oncologist told us that it was no good and it would be counterproductive. He literally told us, "he is a quack". We decided to forego the alternative treatments. Well it was downhill from there. Now I am not saying my wife would have been cured or even lived much longer but I think maybe she would have lived a better life with the time she had left. Just to dismiss anything out of hand without investigating or to denigrate a potential helpful alternative treatment for selfish monetary gain is truly horrible for someone who calls themselves a doctor who supposedly took the Hippocratic oath.
Johnny V is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-29-2021, 08:58 AM   #34
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
The "thousands of doctors and scientists" are not just engaging in 'noble lies'...they are downright lying to the public and creating the most unhealthy society that the world has ever seen. How much criticism did Robert Atkins receive for many decades from the "establishment" because of his low-carb health advice? And only now, long after the good doctor has died, has the establishment finally embraced Atkins' concepts...even though MILLIONS of people through the years had experienced astonishing health improvement by following this pioneer's health guidelines.

Screw the "thousands of doctors", and do your own research when it comes to "health and wellness"...I say. And start BEFORE you get sick, because when serious sickness strikes, the fear and the desperation that accompanies it makes it almost impossible for us to shun the "conventional medicine" that the establishment wants to shove down our throats.

My wife was stricken with cancer in the year 2000...and the doctors at a much esteemed hospital gave her six months to live. Since conventional medicine couldn't cure her, I suggested to her that we follow the alternative medicine route, along with the "conventional" procedures that our 'mainstream' doctors were already prescribing. But when my wife discussed this with her "mainstream" doctors, the doctors laughed at the idea...and outright called alternative medicine not only a fraud...but also counterproductive to the "effective" treatment that they themselves had in mind for her at the hospital.

Fast-forward five years after my wife's death, and I myself was diagnosed with an advanced form of cancer...which the "mainstream" doctors told me would kill me in a year's time if it was left untreated. Even though I was the sole caretaker of a then 9-year old child...I totally ignored the "mainstream" doctors' advice...and relied strictly on the alternative medicine that the doctors had laughed at during my wife's ordeal. I decided to look to the MAVERICKS for my survival...and not to the mainstream fraudsters who are currently masquerading as "health care professionals". And...not only am I still here to tell the story, but I am also in the best health and shape of my life...three months shy of my 60th birthday. And my deepest regret is that I wasn't persuasive enough with my wife some 20 years ago.

And now, when I hear the "mainstream" fraudsters peddling the company lines that the pharmaceutical companies have fed them...I am reminded of what Linus Pauling (look him up) once said:

"There will never be a cure for cancer. Because, no matter how many people are dying from it...there are even more people making a living from this disease".

Very interesting. Sorry about your wife. Glad you figured out how to beat your disease. My first wife (we were married for 22 years and remained close friends) died from ovarian cancer in 2009 when she was 52 years old. She got it when she was 47. I still think about her every day.

My uncle, my mother's brother, died at 97 years of age last year. He fought at Normandy. He had a blood disorder and was getting blood transfusions and he looked like he was going to die in his mid 80's. His son, my cousin Phil, lived with him and decided to take matters into his own hands and took my uncle Anthony off of several medications including diabetes medication, put him on a healthy diet, and within a couple of months his color came back and he lived another 12 years drug free.

Dr. Mercola is interesting and certainly controversial but my feeling is that he's not a scam artist.

As for the vaccine, I hope to God that these foreboding predictions of doom don't come true. My wife and I had Covid so we see no reason to get vaccinated. One thing is for sure, this is not like the other vaccines because it's an MRNA vaccine, which is a completely different technology.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-29-2021, 10:59 AM   #35
Frost king

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Not only are the death rates high but these drugs suck raw eggs when it comes to protecting against variants. So you can con yourself into believing these "vaxxes" are the greatest things since the invention of sliced bread but that isn't going to change the facts that they're not very safe or effective.
Truthfully, the only one being conned is you and your believers. Just continue being an ostrich, and bury your head in the sand. Nobody, said, that any vaccine/drug is 100% effective, or any diagnosis. What we do know, that in Ontario, Canada, we have 70-80% uptake of the vaccine for two doses. The current case count of COVID, numbers have consistently showed, that 80% of the cases are too people that are not vaccinated, or have only had one dose of the vaccine. So let me put it in a way, that you may understand this, you have a racing angle, regardless of the conditions, you can eliminate 70-80% of the field, and it has an 80% chance of winning, you are not going to the windows every time? For me, it is a no-brainer.
Frost king is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-29-2021, 12:53 PM   #36
boxcar

Quote:
Truthfully, the only one being conned is you and your believers. Just continue being an ostrich, and bury your head in the sand. Nobody, said, that any vaccine/drug is 100% effective, or any diagnosis. What we do know, that in Ontario, Canada, we have 70-80% uptake of the vaccine for two doses. The current case count of COVID, numbers have consistently showed, that 80% of the cases are too people that are not vaccinated, or have only had one dose of the vaccine. So let me put it in a way, that you may understand this, you have a racing angle, regardless of the conditions, you can eliminate 70-80% of the field, and it has an 80% chance of winning, you are not going to the windows every time? For me, it is a no-brainer.
The Pfizer vaxx is at best 66% effective. There are studies out there that show an effectiveness rate of only 39%. Either rate is a far cry from 80%.

And what you continue to ignore is that these Mrna drugs (I don't even consider them vaccines) do not deal well at all with variants.

And the third problem is no one knows the long term effects of these new experimental drugs, of which I still consider the Pfizer drug to be since it was madly rushed through the process.

And the fourth problem I have is that there is no longer a control group. The control group that originally existed exists no more because they were vaccinated. So, we no longer have an unvaxxed group to compare with.
Old 08-29-2021, 05:03 PM   #37
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Epic Stupidity With Their Propaganda

ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-29-2021, 06:18 PM   #38
Poindexter

Quote:
Truthfully, nobody knows the truth. We live, time goes by and we learn (unfortunately when there is agenda, the truth may get suprressed in favor of the agenda). I just want an honest dialog amongst the worlds leading experts and let everyone make their own choice. I don't like living in a country/world where everyone that doesn't go along with the program (whatever that program might be) get censored and smeared and attacked(maybe loses their job or career) by the powers (Government, MSM and Twitter, Facebook). You watch Cnn and you come to the conclusion this Mercola guy is some conspiracy nut out to destroy the world. We have long term posters that feel otherwise. I don't know Dr. Peter Mccullough, but he strikes me as a pure straight shooter. When he stated that he could have cured 85% of covid patients with his cocktail, I believe him. Maybe he is full of it, or maybe he could have only saved 50% but that beats the hell out of hooking folks up to ventilators and watching them die(in my book). These front line doctors have been treating people with these medicines for almost a year now. Ample time to have plenty of proof they work if government had any motiavation whatsoever to prove that it can be beneficial.

Why doesn't it concern you that these vaccines that were supposed to have 95% efficacy are now nowhere near that and are only being touted now to be strong at preventing hospitalization and death? When the same old propoganda forces start thowing out the same story that 99% or 95% or whatever number they are using today of hospitalizations and deaths are unvaccinated, I become skeptical. I guess it could be true, but these same sources have been lying so much, I don't trust them. Even if those numbers are accurate today, does not mean they will be accurate in 3 months or 3 years. We have no idea what the long term effects of these vaccines are (just heard on the radio this morning that now young people are at greater risk of Myocarditis if they took one of the vaccines (I think Moderna) than originally thought. The game is always changing and evolving. You never assume everything will work out like you hope. You don't ignore serious concerns by seriously smart people because you hope that your plan is better. But we have a whole world doing just that. I have no problem with folks getting vaccinated if they weigh the facts and decide that is the right decision. I have a big problem with them being propogandized that vaccines are safe, when we do not know and them not being presented all the facts so that they can make a proper risk assessment for themselves. These vaccine mandates that lie ahead for what I assume will eventually be most workers in America and I assume many other countries, are unconscionable.

Last edited by Poindexter; 08-29-2021 at 06:24 PM.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-29-2021, 07:27 PM   #39
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Navy Surgeon Speaks Up

-jp

Old 08-29-2021, 07:39 PM   #40
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Full Video - Lee Merritt, MD ~ “What is VAERS and What Does It Show?”

https://rumble.com/vkoyqr-summit-ses...does-it-s.html

-jp

Old 08-29-2021, 11:08 PM   #41
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny V View Post
Then her oncologist told us that it was no good and it would be counterproductive. He literally told us, "he is a quack". We decided to forego the alternative treatments. Well it was downhill from there. Now I am not saying my wife would have been cured or even lived much longer but I think maybe she would have lived a better life with the time she had left. Just to dismiss anything out of hand without investigating or to denigrate a potential helpful alternative treatment for selfish monetary gain is truly horrible for someone who calls themselves a doctor who supposedly took the Hippocratic oath.
These doctors are mostly brainwashed, like the majority of the public. They THINK they are helping when they tell you to someone is a "quack" and to ignore them.

Ask them what they've done with all that money donated to the American Cancer Society over the last 50+ years.

How many cancers have we cured?

Very few.

Let's face it...if we cured everything, we would all die due to overpopulation.

Maybe that's why they continue to allow cigarettes to kill 500,000 people in the US alone EVERY YEAR.
Old 08-30-2021, 12:27 AM   #42
Frost king

https://news.yahoo.com/texas-anti-ma...020447555.html

I assume he is one of your leaders, that you look up too? Another non believer of the science.
Frost king is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-30-2021, 12:46 AM   #43
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:

I assume he is one of your leaders, that you look up too? Another non believer of the science.
It is sad to see a Freedom Fighter like Caleb die at such a young age from Covid....

I admired his Bravery, which he will be Remembered for, giving his life for the Freedom of others....
Old 08-30-2021, 01:32 AM   #44
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:

Plenty of people who wore masks and took the vaccine have died as well FROM COVID.

What's your point?
Old 08-30-2021, 02:37 AM   #45
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

FULL STOP TO THIS TYRANNY WORLDWIDE

They want the STORM, don't they?....So be it.

Last edited by ReplayRandall; 08-30-2021 at 02:39 AM.