Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 10-29-2018, 07:22 AM   #16
sour grapes
Veteran

as a yankee fan, i use to feel sorry for red sox fans over the heartbreaking losses that they incurred.Not so much anymore as i have seen them win 4 titles in the past 15 years and than throw in my long suffering jets while the patriots have a dynasty and im damn right jealous of boston fans.
sour grapes is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2018, 07:50 AM   #17
FakeNameChanged

This Boston team has all the sublety of a meat grinder.
Old 10-29-2018, 10:05 AM   #18
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
I have it on good authority that Dodgers manager Dave Roberts has never had a single bankruptcy.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2018, 10:10 AM   #19
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuss View Post
I have to get ready for another Super Bowl Championship by the Patriots in two months.

A Boston mans work is never done.
Especially since the Patriots will not have to face my New York Giants in the Big Game.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2018, 10:33 AM   #20
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I've had a change of heart...good for the Red Sox. They are the kings so they can do whatever they want.

They want to blast NY, NY after they win the World Series, more power to them...I probably would have done the same thing if I were them...
Old 10-29-2018, 11:01 AM   #21
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Time to rest. Much work to do. I have to get ready for another Super Bowl Championship by the Patriots in two months.

A Boston mans work is never done.
Whoa, Nellie.
You have to get by the BILLS tonight before you get ready for a Super Bowl!

Word on the street is that Buffalo is so confident, they are not going to put out the safety nets underneath the Peace Bridge.
Old 10-29-2018, 01:15 PM   #22
jimmyb

Red Sox had the pitching and timely hitting. Aaron Judge has a head start on his golf game and if you see him, thank him for me.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2018, 01:20 PM   #23
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Whoa, Nellie.
You have to get by the BILLS tonight before you get ready for a Super Bowl!

Word on the street is that Buffalo is so confident, they are not going to put out the safety nets underneath the Peace Bridge.
The line is 14. I'm not a pro, but I've betting sports for 40 years.

Any pro team getting 14 at home is usually a play I will take.

Buffalo +14 is where my money would be. Plus the o/u is only 44.

That would indicate 34-10 Patriots.

Often , intra-division and regional rivalry games don't play to the math.

PLus you have the Bills Mafia, which knowing them, they're all on their 2nd case of beer already. 8+ hours till game time. The stadium will be on tilt.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2018, 01:28 PM   #24
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

2nd case?
Old 10-29-2018, 01:30 PM   #25
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
Red Sox had the pitching and timely hitting. Aaron Judge has a head start on his golf game and if you see him, thank him for me.

People are asking if this Sox team is one of The greatest..... in all of Baseball history...?

What do you think? I would say no. They were weak at 3rd base and 2nd base fielding. First base was also average.

If you were to weight it., maybe, because the outfield absolutely was one of the best all time. Certain of that.

Even at Catcher they were average fielding. But they hit like MF'rs.

The batting lineup was crazy good. Maybe we can talk about top 25 all time, top 10 if we want to be gracious.

Top 10 last 20 years? Yes, maybe the best team in the last 20 years, I would agree.

2nd best would be last years Houston Astro team. They were crazy good.
Old 10-29-2018, 01:42 PM   #26
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
Especially since the Patriots will not have to face my New York Giants in the Big Game.

Red Sox fans were chanting ..Yankee's Suck at Fenway, at Chavez Ravine , and the team itself was singing NY NY in the locker room..

Maybe its petty or whatever.. Maybe not.

Do you know how many NY Giants fans are still walking around saying "We own Tom Brady" ?... I do.. Every F'n one of them. And its old.

Do you know how many Mets fans are still walking around talking about Bill Buckner and 86? .. I do, Every F'n one of them. And its old.

Do you know how many Yankee fans were coming to Fenway and chanting "Bucky Dent"...? I do,. Every F'n one of them. And its old.

So Phuck them. We chant. We chant it all, We chant it right down their phucking throats.

Last edited by Suff; 10-29-2018 at 01:45 PM. Reason: I added a smiley face to make it look like I was joking. But I'm not.
Old 10-29-2018, 02:11 PM   #27
jimmyb

Quote:
People are asking if this Sox team is one of The greatest..... in all of Baseball history...?

What do you think? I would say no. They were weak at 3rd base and 2nd base fielding. First base was also average.

If you were to weight it., maybe, because the outfield absolutely was one of the best all time. Certain of that.

Even at Catcher they were average fielding. But they hit like MF'rs.

The batting lineup was crazy good. Maybe we can talk about top 25 all time, top 10 if we want to be gracious.

Top 10 last 20 years? Yes, maybe the best team in the last 20 years, I would agree.

2nd best would be last years Houston Astro team. They were crazy good.

The best Red Sox lineup in my lifetime IMO would be the '75 and '78 teams.

The current team has the better pitching staff and bench. I think Cora is the better manager.

As good as as this team's outfield is, I'd take Evans in right, Lynn in center, Yaz/Rice combo in left. Hard to beat Fisk at catcher. Rico/Butch Hobson at third, Burleson at short, Remy at second, George Scott/Cecil Cooper at first ... Hobson was another defensive liability at third. All certainly better than the current IMO, but wouldn't throw this current team off the field.

This years team had a few holes... lack of offense from the catching position, defensive holes at third and second and JD as proven last night is a defensive liability. Rice and Yaz could DH and were proficient in the field. You could plug and play Yaz at first and not lose anything.

Just my preference.
Old 10-29-2018, 07:33 PM   #28
Ocala Mike

Maybe not the best, but the most iconic Boston Red Sox team for me had to be the 1967 "Impossible Dream" edition.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2018, 08:58 PM   #29
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post
Maybe not the best, but the most iconic Boston Red Sox team for me had to be the 1967 "Impossible Dream" edition.
And they did this with no divisions. Straight up won the American league crown. Think they were 100-1 against. Little more than 8000 attended opening day.
Old 10-29-2018, 09:21 PM   #30
mostpost

Red Sox with bookend dynasties. They won five of the first fourteen World Series and have now won four of the last fifteen. I would have much preferred that the Cubs had won the World Series, but credit where credit is due.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: