Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-20-2018, 05:09 AM   #166
steveb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Scroll to the top of the page and click on User CP to see yours.

well bugger me i never know that.
thanks muchly.
never knew i had a red card until now.....whatever a red card is.
steveb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2018, 05:11 AM   #167
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Seriously, and this is not meant as mean...but I MUST question your brain health at this time.

I clearly stated to ELY he was banned after he did what I told him not to do.

After that, I NEVER wrote that ELY was free to post. Why would I write that? He's BANNED.
You did. If I have time I will track it down.

I regret to hear this.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2018, 06:46 AM   #168
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
If Elysiantraveler deserved to get banned...then at least 3 Trump supporters here deserve to be banned as well, IMO. Elysiantraveler was hardly the only one who has been "begging for it".
Tom (no not P.A...)....said he wanted a circle jerk...it's being accomplished now.......

P.A. has only been whining for weeks now about too much leftist or middle gound posts...when in FACT...it's been 80/20 extreme right....but as he said...make your own website if you want it different...

Mike...really hate to see you take THAT tactic...

But hey after awhile....You and Tom will finally have to buy those mirrors!...it's good to look at yourself once in awhile...just sayin...
Old 11-20-2018, 08:23 AM   #169
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
That seems to be all the bear does these days. Other than complain about it..
So who is making you stay?
Ownership has its privileges.

Start your own site if you can do better.
I promise I will sign up so you can ban me.
Old 11-20-2018, 08:25 AM   #170
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
If Elysiantraveler deserved to get banned...then at least 3 Trump supporters here deserve to be banned as well, IMO. Elysiantraveler was hardly the only one who has been "begging for it".
YOU were a moderator......what did YOU do to fix things?
Old 11-20-2018, 09:15 AM   #171
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
If I wanted to name those 3 posters...then I would have done so without any needed encouragement. My point was that I don't believe Ely, or anybody in the Trump camp, should be banned from here. All Ely did was antagonize PA a little bit...which isn't a big deal, IMO...because PA likes to antagonize people here himself. If PA likes to act as a regular poster here...then he should be able to tolerate the treatment that the other posters here tolerate...especially since PA himself sometimes instigates the arguments that we get into here. Ely didn't initiate the antagonizing rhetoric that got him in trouble here; he reacted to those who engaged him while using even more vitriolic language themselves than he himself was in the habit of using. People insulted him, and he responded in kind...that's all. And if he were praising Trump while insulting the "leftists" here, then he wouldn't even be CLOSE to getting kicked off this board...regardless of the harshness of the language that he used.

Yes, I know. This is PA's domain...and there is no "free speech" or 'equal rights' here. PA can do as he pleases...and any one of us can be banned from here without much needed explanation. But let's not pretend that Ely was more "vulgar" or more 'disruptive' here than some other posters here get on a daily basis. The only thing that made Ely "intolerable" here was his continual criticism of Donald Trump...an opinion which he was entitled to anyway...just as Trump's supporters are entitled to THEIR opinions. Justice for all.
Interesting reply since you have a reputation of telling it like it is and straight talk.

I actually thought naming these three Trump supporters that could be banned according to you would be right in your wheelhouse.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2018, 09:36 AM   #172
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
And the confusing thing is...you were one of the most popular posters here in the pre-Trump era. I was one of the few who used to criticize you then, for your distinct rightward leanings. But all it took was some informed criticism levied against the Trump policies...and you have now been lumped together with us "leftists" here. Curious indeed...
Remember when the alleged conservatives would boast on how they arent like the damn libs and people under their tent are allowed to disagree? That all alleged conservatives don't believe in exactly the same thing and they don't each go get their marching orders from the mothership (twitter) each morning?

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2018, 11:25 AM   #173
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
You two also ignored my posts and responses when I called for reciprocal trade deals and zero percent tariffs between countries.
The very concept of reciprocal trade deals between countries is nonsense. Countries don't trade. Individuals and firms trade. If I want to buy something, and someone in another country wants to sell that thing, and we are both happy with the deal, why should the government say we can't do that? Your assumption is that the government knows better than I do what is good for me, all evidence to the contrary. And Trump's promise of free but fair trade is also an oxymoron. Free trade is a voluntary exchange between two parties. Fair trade is restricted by someone's concept of what is fair. It boils down to picking winners and losers. And if one party doesn't think it is fair, the trade won't happen.

Quote:
You always ignore the cost of lost blue collar jobs and the closing of 60,000 manufacturing factories since NAFTA and China's entering into the WTO.
And you ignore the fact that 85% of the manufacturing jobs lost during that period were lost to American manufacturing firms converting to automation. How many American factories went out of business because they could not compete with more efficient American factories? You also ignore the fact of all of the new industries and new firms and new jobs created by expanded trade.

Old jobs were eliminated and new jobs created constantly over the thousands of years of human history. And it will continue to happen, despite the efforts of government to micromanage the economy.
Old 11-20-2018, 11:32 AM   #174
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveb View Post
.....whatever a red card is.

It's an anonymous slap from someone who doesn't have the balls to do it in public, even under a made-up user name.
Old 11-20-2018, 11:57 AM   #175
jk3521
Registered Loser

I have been under the impression that a "red card" could only be given to a member by a moderator or after a review by a moderator. At least that is the way it should be.

Last edited by jk3521; 11-20-2018 at 12:00 PM.
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2018, 12:03 PM   #176
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk3521 View Post
I have been under the impression that a "red card" could only be given to a member by a moderator. At least that is the way it should be.

I assumed that it referred to the red or green box next to comments by others in the "Latest Reputation" section of the User CP. Maybe a red card is something else.
Old 11-20-2018, 12:11 PM   #177
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
I assumed that it referred to the red or green box next to comments by others in the "Latest Reputation" section of the User CP. Maybe a red card is something else.
A red card is a moderator-given infraction. They appear in your user CP on a separate table above the reputation comments.
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2018, 12:13 PM   #178
jk3521
Registered Loser

Quote:

When you add to someone's reputation ,a box comes up asking approve or disapprove,and there's a place for comment.No colors.
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2018, 12:38 PM   #179
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Anyone remember when the Tea Party was the big thing, and the lefties here kept using the sexual vulgar term to describe them?

Sammy, did you miss that mirror?

Remember 46 calling Bush a rutabaga and always mocking his mis-speaking?

And everyone is OK with hcap's relentless attacks on Trump's appearance and endless name calling him? Or am I the only one who pisses you off when I call your boys a name? And his vulgar sexual references in recent weeks?

Short memories and weak back bones on many here.

Maybe Sammy can get a crap-load of mirrors to hand out for holiday gifts.

Old 11-20-2018, 01:26 PM   #180
FantasticDan
gelding

The rabid dog getting mad at some yapping puppies..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Anyone remember when the Tea Party was the big thing, and the lefties here kept using the sexual vulgar term to describe them?

Sammy, did you miss that mirror?

Remember 46 calling Bush a rutabaga and always mocking his mis-speaking?

And everyone is OK with hcap's relentless attacks on Trump's appearance and endless name calling him? Or am I the only one who pisses you off when I call your boys a name? And his vulgar sexual references in recent weeks?

Short memories and weak back bones on many here.

Maybe Sammy can get a crap-load of mirrors to hand out for holiday gifts.

FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply