Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-22-2024, 08:43 PM   #1
Inner Dirt

Anyone else have any new enemies lately?

I have two people here I had previously never uttered a bad word to all of a sudden jumping down my throat. One ripping on me for how I treat Cliff Clavin, yes Cliffy who has made up nasty lies about me and then ripped on me for shit he made up. Two examples, claiming I make racist comments and want all trans people beaten and arrested even if they did not commit crimes.
I never did such a horrible thing.

I asked a customer today if he could supply some missing dimensions on a part drawing he sent me, and calculate a few blend points using trig and some calculus, as I did not have his $25,000 software package, and even though I have the means intellectually, using $35 software still fighting a concussion I would rather not attempt at this time.

He told me the numbers he came up with, and he obviously made a big mistake, it looked like he put a radial value in, where he should have used a diametrical value, double of radial. When I told him that wasn't right, he lost it and said I was the worst vendor he has ever dealt with, blah,blah,blah.

Even though he is my best customer dollar wise, tomorrow I am ready to tell him to kick rocks, then stuff them up his ass.

It looks like fiber optic is up to my property now and the question is when are they going to hook it up? I have heard horror stories that it was just laid with grant money and won't be connected for years. If it does get hooked up I go back to doing DOD work and don't deal with these millennial snowflake customers. The current customer acting like a cry baby is 37, WTF.?

As I believe Tucker 6 said and we are in very different fields, the government does not pay great, but they pay promptly, and with me, not sure with him will take any quick payment discount offered. A good chunk of government work is good to pay basic bills, all the paperwork sucks.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-22-2024, 09:05 PM   #2
P.Rosa
Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I have two people here I had previously never uttered a bad word to all of a sudden jumping down my throat. One ripping on me for how I treat Cliff Clavin, yes Cliffy who has made up nasty lies about me and then ripped on me for shit he made up. Two examples, claiming I make racist comments and want all trans people beaten and arrested even if they did not commit crimes.

I asked a customer today if he could supply some missing dimensions on a part drawing he sent me, and calculate a few blend points using trig and some calculus, as I did not have his $25,000 software package, and even though I have the means intellectually, using $35 software still fighting a concussion I would rather not attempt at this time.

He told me the numbers he came up with, and he obviously made a big mistake, it looked like he put a radial value in, where he should have used a diametrical value, double of radial. When I told him that wasn't right, he lost it and said I was the worst vendor he has ever dealt with, blah,blah,blah.

Even though he is my best customer dollar wise, tomorrow I am ready to tell him to kick rocks, then stuff them up his ass.

It looks like fiber optic is up to my property now and the question is when are they going to hook it up? I have heard horror stories that it was just laid with grant money and won't be connected for years. If it does get hooked up I go back to doing DOD work and don't deal with these millennial snowflake customers. The current customer acting like a cry baby is 37, WTF.?

As I believe Tucker 6 said and we are in very different fields, the government does not pay great, but they pay promptly, and with me, not sure with him will take any quick payment discount offered. A good chunk of government work is good to pay basic bills, all the paperwork sucks.
This is just a horse racing forum, you have no enemies here.
It's all just fun.

As far as the other situation, my advice is to never do anything important while you're angry.
Old 02-22-2024, 09:54 PM   #3
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Yeah, you need to learn to let things go.

In my opinion, you're carrying this mostpost thing way too far, which is why I deleted one of your latest replies.

Imagine if I took every insult thrown my way on here personally...

In the end, nobody cares. And I mean, NOBODY.

It's an anonymous message board...your reputation hasn't been sullied in real life. Stop acting like it has been.
Old 02-22-2024, 10:16 PM   #4
Mr_Ed

That pesky, noisy neighbor Roger Addison never cared for me. Always called me a lazy, flee bag horse.

However, I freaked that old geezer out one time with a long wink after catching him staring at Carol's cameltoe.
Old 02-23-2024, 01:51 AM   #5
proximity

Quote:
.... When I told him that wasn't right, he lost it and said I was the worst vendor he has ever dealt with, blah,blah,blah.

other than my condescending, gaslighting brother i haven't made any new enemies lately. the kid finally gets a pebble in his path and now the only family member he's never had a problem with is persona non grata? i don't think so! but the thread's not about me, so let's continue.....

for starters there are at least clues that you are not a racist as, if we remember, you were still harboring regrets decades later over not pursuing that pam grier lookalike iirc. you did beat up that lgbtq (?) neighbor's abusive boyfriend by throwing him over a fence BUT i think he deserved it iirc??

now as to the above quoted portion, i don't know your business? and maybe the relationship can't be salvaged? BUT i would not tell the customer to "kick rocks" just yet and maybe even would apologize and seek an explanation as to why he considers you to be THE worst vendor he has ever dealt with.... if he really actually feels that way and wasn't just having a bad day....as many inferior men, outside of paceadvantage, have from time to time.

tidr: see mr ed's post, paragraph 2!
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-23-2024, 02:45 AM   #6
lamboguy

i would hate to be the guy in the Tricky Trump circle that leaked out his new stance on abortion. Originally, when the Tricky one was a Democrat, he was 100% in favor of all abortions.
when he decided to run for President as a Republican, he saw the light and became anti-abortion, and all the evangelicals loved him.
So now in the year 2024, the Tricky one has decided that abortion is something that is worthy of compromise and he plans to allow it in the first 16 weeks of a pregnancy.

All said and good, the man did not have any plans to roll out his brand new stance until after the Republican Convention and his nomination.

Personally, i don't like abortion in the least bit. i question how much his change of position is going to have an effect on The Supreme Court rulings on his cases that are being heard right now. This court still has all the members that overturned Rowe after 50 years. i really don't think they will be to happy if there should be an executive order to reverse their decision on this matter.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-23-2024, 03:48 AM   #7
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
i would hate to be the guy in the Tricky Trump circle that leaked out his new stance on abortion. Originally, when the Tricky one was a Democrat, he was 100% in favor of all abortions.
when he decided to run for President as a Republican, he saw the light and became anti-abortion, and all the evangelicals loved him.
So now in the year 2024, the Tricky one has decided that abortion is something that is worthy of compromise and he plans to allow it in the first 16 weeks of a pregnancy.

All said and good, the man did not have any plans to roll out his brand new stance until after the Republican Convention and his nomination.

Personally, i don't like abortion in the least bit. i question how much his change of position is going to have an effect on The Supreme Court rulings on his cases that are being heard right now. This court still has all the members that overturned Rowe after 50 years. i really don't think they will be to happy if there should be an executive order to reverse their decision on this matter.
Trump himself talked about this in an interview months ago...same ol' same ol' "great compromise that both sides will like"

We already knew he wasn't going to be "anti-abortion" period...no exceptions...
Old 02-23-2024, 07:51 AM   #8
Poindexter

Politics these days is just an extremely dark subject. Most of the people posting in off topic lean conservative or our conservative. Obviously our country as a whole is a lot more balanced. To most of us it is really hard to understand why.

I personally do not consider myself a republican even though I was labeled as one recently in the other forum. When I was younger I definitely considered myself a democrat. I thought that government played a vital role in society and I felt that republicans just wanted to go through life not paying their fair share and had little regard for society as a whole. As I have posted before I did not follow politics much those days, so whether my take back then was accurate at all, I have no idea. Now I have always been aware of corruption of politicians. I have pretty much always considered them to be all bought and paid for. I did think there were limits to how far they would take things. Today I believe government funds is their personal slush fund to enrich themselves and people they like. Most politicians I consider to be human filth. If they all dropped dead tomorrow, the problem is the people replacing them would be just as bad.
So when people put all their heart into who is going to win the next election, I sort of laugh. Not a whole lot is changing.

The masses instead of getting together and holding these corrupt politicians accountable for what they are doing to society, end up taking things out on each other. That is why a lot of folks are flat out losing it. Most topics discussed in this forum typically have common sense solutions. The fact that some people don’t see that is frustrating and very puzzling. I read most of the discussions in this forum and others to keep up with what is happening but I really don’t want to participate in them any more. To put it bluntly you cannot argue with fools.
The fact that we have a society full of fools is disheartening to say the least. But at the end of the day the fools are not your enemy, the folks propagandizing them to be fools are. That is your msm, that is your politicians and namely that is the folks behind the scenes (the puppet masters).
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-23-2024, 11:16 AM   #9
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Yeah, you need to learn to let things go.

In my opinion, you're carrying this mostpost thing way too far, which is why I deleted one of your latest replies.

Imagine if I took every insult thrown my way on here personally...

In the end, nobody cares. And I mean, NOBODY.

It's an anonymous message board...your reputation hasn't been sullied in real life. Stop acting like it has been.

I don't classify what Cliffy does a lot of the times as insults, it is slander. My reputation could have been sullied in real life here before, but that is no longer a worry. I guess I was stupid enough to tell my long time girlfriend now an ex my screen names. She came on here
and read my posts I made about Kamala Harris. They were not near as bad as some guys did. She seemed to take an extreme offense to my sharing the truth that if it was not for Willie Brown no one would have heard of Kamala Harris. That is a stone cold fact, but as we know progressive liberals do not
like facts.

I suppose since she is a feminist progressive liberal, and I am an Alpha male Republican, she will believe anyone over me, even though I have never been caught lying. A good example is my POS nephew would tell lies about how I treated him and she would say, "That sounds like something you would do."
Anyway not until he was sent packing for the last time and I showed her the bludgeoning instrument he had under his pillow did she realize he was a liar.
She even called him and he admitted it.

Moral of the story, if someone said I was making racists posts and she read
it, she would believe it.

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 02-23-2024 at 11:17 AM.
Old 02-23-2024, 11:55 AM   #10
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by proximity View Post

for starters there are at least clues that you are not a racist as, if we remember, you were still harboring regrets decades later over not pursuing that pam grier lookalike iirc. you did beat up that lgbtq (?) neighbor's abusive boyfriend by throwing him over a fence BUT i think he deserved it iirc??

Damn, your memory is pretty damn good. I can't shake this last concussion,
but my memory of the past is good right now, it is the present that is the issue. I think the gay abusers name was Danny. I threw him into the fence not over it. Even though what he did to Peter was disgusting I didn't want to hurt the guy if I could avoid it, just scare him off. Other than one guy who raped my girlfriend's best friend, I would rather scare someone off than to fight. A display of strength and fighting skills is usually enough for the average Joe to say "No Mas."

As for Pam Grier, this woman looked more like a cross between Tina Turner and Whitney Houston, and she had a great personality. There are a lot of triggers that bring up thoughts of her, even though it was 37 years ago.
One trigger is all these damn white bashing articles on MSN written by black females. The common complaint is white strangers and co-workers touching their hair. Do you know how many times I have seen a white man or woman go touch a black lady's hair? The answer is once. The offender was me! Tina Turner told me to and grabbed my hand and put it on her head.

It was getting harder to say no and if I had not got a job at ITT Corporation and left, pretty sure I would have caved. If her cheating coke binging husband did not work on the other side of the building I would have taken her home and not brought her back. I was separated. I never figured out guys like her husband, has this drop dead gorgeous sweet black wife
yet he is chasing every unkept non attractive foul mouthed white woman he can get his hands on.

I asked this black guy I hung out with at the sports book a flat out question. "Why are these decent looking black guys, even nice dressers with good jobs doing with the dregs of white trash women?" The answer was the allure of forbidden fruit makes them attractive. Also since they are $2500 claimers they are easy pickings.
Old 02-23-2024, 04:09 PM   #11
jimmyb

Just the same old ones.

https://fb.watch/qoMCZlpsG3/
jimmyb is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-23-2024, 04:20 PM   #12
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
Just the same old ones.

https://fb.watch/qoMCZlpsG3/

I will see your Democrat hypocrite John Kerry and raise you an Al Gore.
Old 02-23-2024, 04:36 PM   #13
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post

So the Supreme Court kicked it back to the States making it a State Issue.... Trump saying anything about it is moot... I don't see and OE coming from him but him signaling a rational view on reasonable terms... as he has from the get go really. Just sucks the wind out of the Marxist Democrats sails.
Old 02-23-2024, 06:36 PM   #14
Marshall Bennett

Fire Ants. Bad here when we have a week of cold/wet weather, followed by a week of warm dry weather. Little fuckers know the pattern and build their mounds higher, responding to a trend.
Some years aren't bad, this one's been terrible. If that's not bad enough, when the summer heat comes on and its dry, there are no mounds. They're scattered everywhere living in nail-sized holes in the ground. Walking outside even briefly barefoot is out the window here.
Marshall Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-23-2024, 06:55 PM   #15
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Hey There,

I certainly hope that I do not have any new enemies, or any enemies at all. In particular, I hope that you and I are not enemies. It has occurred to me that I recently - recently as in the past few weeks - replied to you in a thread and asked you about name calling. The question was posed after seeing you refer to a "Cliff Clavin" so many times. If I am that person, I would argue that I did not "rip on you," but rather asked you how you reconcile that since I recall a time when a former poster called you by a derogatory nickname, which I will not repeat here. The site owner defended you in that thread and basically told me to pack sand (paraphrasing) from Off Topic, which I have more or less done. PA also gave you a very thoughtful and fair response to your question above. I hope you consider that advice and can let things go. If there is one thing I have learned about holding a grudge it is that the person who holds the grudge is the person who expends the energy and who ultimately pays the price. And it I am not that person, then I am very happy because my intention is not to incite people. Oh, I have done it on this site to be sure, but I am not proud of it.

Since I am responding to you, and hopefully have your attention, there is one other thing I want to point out: you share a lot of information on this site. Some might even think that you overshare. In fact, you share so much information that it would be very easy for someone to identify who you are, which would have a chance of impacting you in real life. This is not me threatening to do this; I probably am not one that could actually do it, but you are posting on a site with some very sharp people. I remember after Raybo passed away how many people knew exactly who he was and what he had done in his past. It's just something to consider.

I don't actually post much here any longer for a variety of reasons, but I have found that stepping back a little bit has helped. There are lots of great ways to occupy time that do not involve the Internet or off topic/political forum. It could be good for you to step back a bit and work through some of the things that you have going on in what appears to be an extremely busy life.

That's it for me for now. I wish you the best.
kingfin66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply