Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-03-2020, 08:19 AM   #16
Tor Ekman

Nate Silver knows it but can't come right out and say it, now cautioning his lemmings that while Trump has only a 10% chance of winning, 10% probability events happen quite often

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...can-still-win/
Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2020, 08:32 AM   #17
classhandicapper

I don't think early returns mean much.

There is obviously a much different attitude about Covid between the left and right. People on the left are more likely to vote by mail early than to go to a polling place today out of fear of catching Covid.

In fact, I'd go as far as saying using Covid politically to hurt Trump (which I'm sure it did) will also probably suppress more votes on the left today because some people that didn't mail in their vote are afraid to go out today to a crowded polling place.

The other thing I feel comfortable saying is that the left's strategy of demonizing and physically attacking MAGA people has a tendency to make people lie about who they are voting for. If the polls don't account for "silent" Trump voters, they are going to be off by a few percent.
Old 11-03-2020, 08:54 AM   #18
Ocala Mike

Just numbers - I posted these to another thread a while back.

Biden - 318
Senate 52/48 blue (counting any I's as blue)
Popular vote - Biden by 6 million.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2020, 09:42 AM   #19
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Anything on the scale of what we saw yesterday?

GOP lawyers in court trying to get 120 thousand LEGITIMATE ballots tossed out?

Of course they lost but were successful in getting 9 drive-up polls closed today because more fear of their rat****ing.
The ballots should be tossed. The people in 9 out of 10 spots voted in a tent with very few controls.
Old 11-03-2020, 12:01 PM   #20
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
The ballots should be tossed. The people in 9 out of 10 spots voted in a tent with very few controls.
Definitely
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2020, 12:05 PM   #21
ElKabong

Biden falls short with 254 EV, if he can can steal PA then it puts him over the top (274 ev)
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2020, 12:26 PM   #22
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Final edition... put'em up.

Basically I see Biden clocking in around 350... but I'll have him run the table. By confidence (most to least):

NC - Its been blue the whole time with Cooper and Cunningham pulling it along.

GA - Trended blue hard the past couple of weeks.

TX - These early turnout numbers look good for Democrats. You shouldn't make picks on early vote data but I'm doing it just for the sheer volume of early vote.

IA - Selzer is the gold standard but I don't trust polls that have Democrats gaining similar margins in 3 out of 4 Districts then inexplicably losing 12 in one already held by one. State was trending blue and I'm going to roll with that trend continuing.

FL - Florida is going to Florida... <shrugs>. Polls weight by education more. Biden has led throughout. His lead is larger than Clinton's and a 2016 Pro Trump error would still award the state to Biden. Watch Sumter returns.

OH - State has been shifting blue in the closing months. Its a reach but its also crazy that TX is more likely to go blue than Ohio... least confident here. State DOES actually have competent GOP leadership.

Realistically Biden probably finishes with ~350 but if turnout is any indication it could go sideways quick... I'll go with that angle.
Why not just post a blue map of the country. Almost makes as much sense.
Love the way you lefties transform hope into ignorance.
Marshall Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2020, 01:00 PM   #23
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Quote:
Final edition... put'em up.

Basically I see Biden clocking in around 350... but I'll have him run the table. By confidence (most to least):

NC - Its been blue the whole time with Cooper and Cunningham pulling it along.

GA - Trended blue hard the past couple of weeks.

TX - These early turnout numbers look good for Democrats. You shouldn't make picks on early vote data but I'm doing it just for the sheer volume of early vote.

IA - Selzer is the gold standard but I don't trust polls that have Democrats gaining similar margins in 3 out of 4 Districts then inexplicably losing 12 in one already held by one. State was trending blue and I'm going to roll with that trend continuing.

FL - Florida is going to Florida... <shrugs>. Polls weight by education more. Biden has led throughout. His lead is larger than Clinton's and a 2016 Pro Trump error would still award the state to Biden. Watch Sumter returns.

OH - State has been shifting blue in the closing months. Its a reach but its also crazy that TX is more likely to go blue than Ohio... least confident here. State DOES actually have competent GOP leadership.

Realistically Biden probably finishes with ~350 but if turnout is any indication it could go sideways quick... I'll go with that angle.
You are predicting TX, OH, FL, AZ, and some others as blue? I guess they have a limited amount of red crayons in that protective bubble you live in.
Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2020, 02:50 PM   #24
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Collector View Post
You are predicting TX, OH, FL, AZ, and some others as blue? I guess they have a limited amount of red crayons in that protective bubble you live in.
as long as you 'hope and dream', you might as well do it BIG
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2020, 03:15 PM   #25
Tor Ekman

Play-along talking points for the Biden supporters here:

Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2020, 04:06 PM   #26
myohmyjustify

President Trump wins rather easily, despite attempts by the Democrat controlled states to make "sure' of a Biden victory.

The often discussed states on here that Trump wins:

Texas
Georgia
Florida
Ohio
Arizona
Michigan
North Carolina
Colorado

Biden wins these often discussed states:

Wisconsin
Pennsylvania

The rest of them probably will fall as they usually have.

Trump will prove he didn't NEED Pennsylvania to win as all the pundints and experts told us. These people are fools.

Trump could win Minnesota because of the AOC+3 congresswoman and the state attorney general. Trump also helped Minnesota bring in renewed heavy mining and factory businesses in northern Minnesota since becoming President.

Trump might also win Wisconsin because of the heavy Roman Catholic population. Catholics don't care much for abortionists and pedophiles, and the Biden-led Democrats do fill those boxes in the minds of many Catholic voters. If Trump wins Wisconsin and the rest fall in place, a landslide could be in the making. Possible but truthfully, very unlikely.

Slight chance Trump even takes all of Maine. He also helped the fishing and lobster industries up there. It would be very ironic if Trump wins Maine and Susan Collins loses her seat. I know this is quite unlikely because few people split their vote anymore, but Susan Collins was a loser before the ACB hearings and confirmation. Her no vote for ACB won't help her as she was being vilified for her support of Matt Kavanaugh. No real loss for the GOP as she was a dummy anyway.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2020, 04:32 PM   #27
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by myohmyjustify View Post
Slight chance Trump even takes all of Maine. He also helped the fishing and lobster industries up there. It would be very ironic if Trump wins Maine and Susan Collins loses her seat. I know this is quite unlikely because few people split their vote anymore, but Susan Collins was a loser before the ACB hearings and confirmation. Her no vote for ACB won't help her as she was being vilified for her support of Matt Kavanaugh. No real loss for the GOP as she was a dummy anyway.
You do realize it was China's retaliatory tariffs that hurt Maine's lobster industry, as well as lower yields (down from the last year of the Obama admin)? I'm making no judgement on the tariffs in this post, just correcting your implication.

BRETT Kavanaugh.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2020, 04:34 PM   #28
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

The people on PA off-topic are SO IGNORANT, aren't they?

Typical of a Trump voter, wouldn't you agree?

Think of all the stuff they are MISSING!
Old 11-03-2020, 04:49 PM   #29
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
The people on PA off-topic are SO IGNORANT, aren't they?

Typical of a Trump voter, wouldn't you agree?

Think of all the stuff they are MISSING!
People shouldn't trust anything a Dem or Rep claims. Fact check everything.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2020, 04:51 PM   #30
fast4522

Where is hunter?
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply