Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-24-2017, 08:21 PM   #31
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks View Post

More like Obamacare is so good the clowns in the majority can't come up with something better.

Face it, if the GOP really cared about the vast majority of Americans, they would have worked with Dems over the last 7 years to make Obamacare better. But when you don't care, you get what we have today.

Anyway, best thing is the majority of Americans are no longer going to be satisfied with just the haves having decent health insurance.

That's progress with a capital P.
Please tell me what has been better with Obamacare. I'm middle class. My rates have gone up 60%, and my deductible is so high that it's basically only a catastrophic policy. My insurance was canceled last year because the carrier I had no longer was going to operate in my state (and no idea what other states or systems they were pulling out of). I've heard of no one who actually is happy with their health insurance now. So, what's so great about it? Please detail like I just did how YOUR insurance is better today than it was prior to Obamacare.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2017, 09:21 PM   #32
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
Please tell me what has been better with Obamacare. I'm middle class. My rates have gone up 60%, and my deductible is so high that it's basically only a catastrophic policy. My insurance was canceled last year because the carrier I had no longer was going to operate in my state (and no idea what other states or systems they were pulling out of). I've heard of no one who actually is happy with their health insurance now. So, what's so great about it? Please detail like I just did how YOUR insurance is better today than it was prior to Obamacare.
My insurance has not changed at all. Yea, my premiums still go up every year but certainly no worse than before Obamacare. I have met people who have been helped greatly by Obamacare but I never met even one individual in person who told me what you just said (that your coverage stinks and it costs a fortune). I'm sorry it has not been good for your family.

Having said that, don't you think even once in-a-while that it would have been great if the GOP tried to do even one thing to improve Obamacare instead of just trying to kill it for 7 years? Surely knowing 20+million people now can afford health insurance might have motivated the GOP to work with the Dems to make Obamacare work better for all Americans.
Old 03-24-2017, 09:56 PM   #33
jk3521
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks View Post

More like Obamacare is so good the clowns in the majority can't come up with something better.

Face it, if the GOP really cared about the vast majority of Americans, they would have worked with Dems over the last 7 years to make Obamacare better. But when you don't care, you get what we have today.

Anyway, best thing is the majority of Americans are no longer going to be satisfied with just the haves having decent health insurance.

That's progress with a capital P.

Let's face it . Republicans would rather have no Affordable Health Care Act at all ! But now they're stuck, because they shot their mouths off saying that they could do better. That's not saying that anyone couldn't do better, but it sure as hell isn't them !
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2017, 10:03 PM   #34
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

More winning for Trump.

He wins so much that even when the delusional left thinks he lost, he still won.
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2017, 11:29 PM   #35
andtheyreoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGoer89 View Post
More winning for Trump.

He wins so much that even when the delusional left thinks he lost, he still won.
Is it possible for Trump to do any wrong in your eyes?
Old 03-24-2017, 11:47 PM   #36
Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk3521 View Post
Let's face it . Republicans would rather have no Affordable Health Care Act at all ! But now they're stuck, because they shot their mouths off saying that they could do better. That's not saying that anyone couldn't do better, but it sure as hell isn't them !
They couldn't get their VR sets out fast enough.

Attached Images
File Type: png TMW2017-03-01color.png (183.6 KB, 12 views)
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2017, 12:07 AM   #37
lamboguy

how about healthcare these days is more fake than the news you get from CNN and FOX
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2017, 12:10 AM   #38
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtheyreoff View Post
Is it possible for Trump to do any wrong in your eyes?
Yes. Plenty. Not getting rid of Paul RINO or Comey are things he needs to address.

I don't think he needs To get sucked into Twitter battles, gotta pick his spots better.

He's not perfect by any stretch, but I approve of his general message which is safety first and cleaning up some of the corruption. I trust him to make the right moves, I haven't had any reason to think that I shouldn't trust him, so I'm going to trust him.
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2017, 02:57 AM   #39
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
The fact some of you here are trying to spin this as a good thing for Trump is truly amazing... this is a failure of epic proportions.
I always love the inclusion of the word "epic". A term that is so incredibly overused.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2017, 03:14 AM   #40
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
how about healthcare these days is more fake than the news you get from CNN and FOX
I'm actually a bit relieved in that the attempt to replace Obamacare won't happen. We'd hear daily stories about some cancer patient "left to die" and didn't get healthcare due to the repeal of Obamacare. The MSM would overwhelm us with such stories. My goodness, Jake Tapper would turn blue at some point in time with run on sentences after run on sentences.

The real story now, is that we'll get to see the entire legacy of the previous president die on the vine in the coming 18 months as Obamacare collapses into the biggest fraud ever perpetuated upon Americans since the signing of the Constitution.
Old 03-25-2017, 06:25 AM   #41
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
I'm actually a bit relieved in that the attempt to replace Obamacare won't happen. We'd hear daily stories about some cancer patient "left to die" and didn't get healthcare due to the repeal of Obamacare. The MSM wo y uld overwhelm us with such stories. My goodness, Jake Tapper would turn blue at some point in time with run on sentences after run on sentences.

The real story now, is that we'll get to see the entire legacy of the previous president die on the vine in the coming 18 months as Obamacare collapses into the biggest fraud ever perpetuated upon Americans since the signing of the Constitution.
you couldn't be more right.

let me get to this stuff about medical treatment for cancer. just recently a trainer friend of mine had his wife come up with stage 4 cancer in some bad places in and around her spine. she was being treated in a very fine place The Cleaveland Clinic. the oncologist took xrays and made her get radiation on one specific spot. she got it and my friend refused to let her go through any more of that treatment. he decided to treat her his own natural way. the tumor that the Clinic treated actually grew in size while the other ones that were treated naturally shrunk. eventually the one that grew started to shrink. after 2 months of the natural stuff she is eating better and looks as good as she ever has.

the story goes that treating stage 4 cancer patients with burning cancer cells with radiation and poisoning the rest of the body with with chemo is very expensive and has a very low success rate. but for someone like my friends wife would probably cost around $1 million and might not get any results at all.

because the American Medical Association is behind all procedures and protocols that doctor's perform, it takes the place of some common sense that many doctors might have but get their arms tied behind their backs not to use. the standards we have in training our doctors are real good, we get the most brilliant people going into that profession. why can't we take advantage of their abilities and let them do some good?

instead the system is set up with all these middle men between the patient and the doctor that have their hands in everyone's pockets and could give a rats ass about their victims.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2017, 10:28 AM   #42
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Unfortunately, a lot of people are going to suffer while his bunch of worthless POS's play politics. People like Stinky are only concerned that their own premiums have not gone up, everyone else be damned. People like his say hey, more people now has insurance, but the fact is, more people cannot afford to use it. The left here are jumping for joy, showing their total ignorance when you consider the ACA was passed and not one person read it! That is all that matters to simple minds.

This is a tribute the real republican party - worthless liars and scoundrels.

It was a bad bill and deserved to die.
It was presented by those who are traitors to us all.
Paul Ryan must go, by whatever means. He is an enemy of the people.
Old 03-25-2017, 10:43 AM   #43
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
You are wrong as usual when it comes to Trump.

It's a "political" failure because assorted vermin on the left and in the media will do their best to convince the dimwits at home that it's a failure. Unfortunately many will believe it. But if you don't pass a terrible bill, that's a huge victory for the people that would have had to suffer the consequences of a bad bill. That's what this was. It barely resembled anything close to some of the principles Trump spoke about during the campaign that would make some sense (like expanded HSAs, cross state border insurance, and things like that)

What matters is what comes next.

As Obamacare continues to fail, the demand for change will increase.

Can he manage to pass some of the things that make sense while ridding the system of the things that don't at that point? We don't know yet. Maybe not.

However, in terms of actually doing something good for the country the fact the the Freedom Caucus did not cave is a plus for America...assuming what comes next is better than the crap Ryan tried to ram through.
I agree with your premise on the bottom just not the spin. This is a failure of current leadership and of the GOP in general, President included. Any spin is just that spin.

At least you aren't a wither on the vine and die guy. As Obamacare continues to fail which we ALL knew it would this will be considered a giant defeat for the President and for Republicans because we came down to forcing a vote for a repeal and replacement. Trump even threatened GOP lawmakers who would vote against it. Then in the 11th hour had to pull the bill because he simply didn't have support. As the ACA continues to erode the pressure won't be on Obama it will be on the Executive and Legislature who were voted into office to replace it with "something terrific." To think otherwise is simply foolish.

Like I said I don't disagree with the Freedom Caucus but this is the Freedom Caucus demonstrating that Trump doesn't have near the deal-making ability he thought he had.

The only sector Trump has been killing it in is the business sector which isn't surprising to myself nor should it be to anyone else given the lay of the land. Everywhere else he has been stopped by stout resistance.

The wither on the vine people are the same ones who supported Trump and his day one repeal and replace with "something great." They aren't getting that anytime in the foreseeable future. They should be upset but of course aren't... because internal consistency isn't important to the Trump supporter. Didn't HOH joke about how fast this was going to be accomplished in another thread?

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 03-25-2017 at 10:46 AM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2017, 10:53 AM   #44
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Any success for the GOP begins with the ouster of Paul Ryan.
Ryan as speaker means failure on all topics.

Trump threatened the wrong group this week.
The mainstream GO is the enemy.
Old 03-25-2017, 11:05 AM   #45
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
The wither on the vine people are the same ones who supported Trump and his day one repeal and replace with "something great." They aren't getting that anytime in the foreseeable future. They should be upset but of course aren't... because internal consistency isn't important to the Trump supporter. Didn't HOH joke about how fast this was going to be accomplished in another thread?
I really do hope you are right, and that Obamacare may actually work even though all evidence thus far says it is a complete shitshow.

I am all for everybody having healthcare, but it can't be at huge costs for those that can "afford it".

Will be an interesting watch over the next 18 months as I can see nothing but further doom and gloom of a ridiculous plan with nothing but handouts in mind.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: