Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-08-2016, 07:05 AM   #16
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Originally Posted by betovernetcapper
If God is forgetful, let me help him/her out. Think Ruby Ridge & Waco. Now if you want to look at the big picture the Oklahoma City bombing was a direct results of those murders. It's true she didn't plant the bomb, but sans her crimes the bomb would probably not have been planted.
By your ridiculous logic, we are then to blame for the World Trade Center. You going there?
OTM Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2016, 08:23 AM   #17
betovernetcapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTM Al
By your ridiculous logic, we are then to blame for the World Trade Center. You going there?

The World Trade Center bombing was done by foreign terrorists. It might even be viewed as an act of war if you could pin point which nation (s) assisted in it, if any.

The Oklahoma City bombing was the action of a misguided patriot. Tim McVeigh's actions were a reaction to Ruby Ridge & Waco. While Tim was a bigot & maybe a little out there, his motives were pure. He believed that the Federal Government was out of control. He believed that the Clinton administration had an end game which would strip us of our 2nd amendment rights & weaken our rights as a people. He also had a belief that the state had no right to force him to have license plate on his car. That was how he was caught. When he was caught he had a Glock and could easily have shot the arresting officer. He said later that he considered it but then thought that would have been unjustified as his fight was with the Feds & not with the Oklahoma police. When he learned that there was a pre school in the building, he pretty much accepted his fate & didn't go through years of nitpicking appeals to avoid the death sentence.

Such is my logic on the matter.

My posts & letters & avatars & whatever reflect solely my own world view- Born in 1948 and never an I.C.E. visit
betovernetcapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2016, 08:26 AM   #18
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
The World Trade Center bombing was done by foreign terrorists. It might even be viewed as an act of war if you could pin point which nation (s) assisted in it, if any.

The Oklahoma City bombing was the action of a misguided patriot. Tim McVeigh's actions were a reaction to Ruby Ridge & Waco. While Tim was a bigot & maybe a little out there, his motives were pure. He believed that the Federal Government was out of control. He believed that the Clinton administration had an end game which would strip us of our 2nd amendment rights & weaken our rights as a people. He also had a belief that the state had no right to force him to have license plate on his car. That was how he was caught. When he was caught he had a Glock and could easily have shot the arresting officer. He said later that he considered it but then thought that would have been unjustified as his fight was with the Feds & not with the Oklahoma police. When he learned that there was a pre school in the building, he pretty much accepted his fate & didn't go through years of nitpicking appeals to avoid the death sentence.

Terrorists see themselves as patriots too. Quit making excuses for them.
Old 11-08-2016, 08:37 AM   #19
betovernetcapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTM Al
Terrorists see themselves as patriots too. Quit making excuses for them.
I don't see that I have made any excuses for the terrorists, but thank you for sharing. I now elect to be the adult in this conversation and will allow you to have the last word.

My posts & letters & avatars & whatever reflect solely my own world view- Born in 1948 and never an I.C.E. visit

Last edited by betovernetcapper; 11-08-2016 at 08:40 AM.
Old 11-08-2016, 08:39 AM   #20
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:

Foreign terrorists? Who says? CNN?
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2016, 08:48 AM   #21
betovernetcapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGoer89
Foreign terrorists? Who says? CNN?

I think that the WTC bombings being carried out by Foreign terrorists was pretty much an accepted fact. If you have some knowledge of US involvement, please, I'm all ears.

Old 11-08-2016, 09:47 AM   #22
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks
Only a select few can appreciate slamming Janet Reno on the day she died.
Should we not slam Charles Manson when he dies? Afterall, he was not nearly responsible for as many deaths as Reno was. The Waco siege was due to her, and the Oklahoma bombing was an indirect result of her actions, as McVeigh came to admit.
Old 11-08-2016, 10:13 AM   #23
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
I don't see that I have made any excuses for the terrorists, but thank you for sharing. I now elect to be the adult in this conversation and will allow you to have the last word.
Oh, so he regretted his actions when he found out there was a preschool. that makes it all better. He was a terrorist plain and simple and you just called him a patriot. Being a terrorist knows no creed or nationality. He killed innocent people in efforts to bring about his political ideals which makes him no different than any other terrorist. And you are making excuses for it.
Old 11-08-2016, 10:29 AM   #24
Tor Ekman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
May God remember how many other people died because of her when he judges her soul.
Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2016, 12:20 PM   #25
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:

Hell of a guy that "Tim" was.Showed tremendous restraint in not murdering a civilian peace officer carrying out his professional duties.
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2016, 12:41 PM   #26
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44
Hell of a guy that "Tim" was.Showed tremendous restraint in not murdering a civilian peace officer carrying out his professional duties.
I guess 168 murders, including 19 kids, was his limit. Everyone has one you know....

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: