Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-07-2009, 01:24 AM   #1
Imriledup

Feeling sad for Iggy Puglisi, he's got no mounts.

I see that Matt Garcia is riding a 3-1 ML horse for Hollendorfer tomorrow at Sac in a 75k race. I don't know why Iggy isn't branching out and trying to grab some rides away from home. The jock colony up in NoCalif is really weak, Iggy can be a top 5 rider at Golden gate if he puts his mind to it. I'd love to feel sorry for him, but he's gotta get out there and get back to riding.
Imriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-07-2009, 11:21 AM   #2
Mineshaft
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imriledup
I see that Matt Garcia is riding a 3-1 ML horse for Hollendorfer tomorrow at Sac in a 75k race. I don't know why Iggy isn't branching out and trying to grab some rides away from home. The jock colony up in NoCalif is really weak, Iggy can be a top 5 rider at Golden gate if he puts his mind to it. I'd love to feel sorry for him, but he's gotta get out there and get back to riding.

Definetely has to go to a lesser track.
Mineshaft is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-07-2009, 12:23 PM   #3
Marshall Bennett

I don't think he's near the jockey he once was . He was out for a long time with an injury and worked at TVG during that time . I don't know what others think , but to here him talk about returning he almost seemed frightened at the prospect . I'm not sure he's ready , I'm sure he needs the money , but is his heart in it 100% . Trainers apparently don't think so .
Marshall Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-07-2009, 03:02 PM   #4
Imriledup

The weird thing is that Kyle Kaenel somehow has over 70 rides at DEL MAR. This is the same Kyle Kaenel who was like 1 for 250 up north and mysteriously, this guy is getting some live mounts. No way Kaenel is better than Iggy. I think its just out of sight out of mind for Iggy. Maybe Ignacio is just exercising horses in the morning hoping that some trainers put him down in the afternoon? You have to actually prove you can win, the best way i think to do that is to ride at the smaller tracks and pile up some wins and get noticed again.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:10 PM   #5
Greyfox

Sorry, but I've never been a fan of Iggy with his stand tall parachute way of rating runners. Having said that, he usually pulls down a few winners at Fairplex, if only because he's better at riding bull rings than the main ovals.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-07-2009, 03:24 PM   #6
Imriledup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
Sorry, but I've never been a fan of Iggy with his stand tall parachute way of rating runners. Having said that, he usually pulls down a few winners at Fairplex, if only because he's better at riding bull rings than the main ovals.
Joel Rosario he's not, but there are worse or equal riders out there getting mounts and winning, you have to wonder where the Ig man has been hiding.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:48 PM   #7
maxwell

Question

I had completely forgotten about IggyPug. Where does time get to?

Hastings, Emerald Downs, and Fairplex could keep him going, and perhaps rekindle his racing spirit?
maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-07-2009, 07:47 PM   #8
Hajck Hillstrom
Deftly Rated

Emerald Downs, home of one of his biggest wins in the `01 Longacres Mile aboard Irisheyesareflying.
Hajck Hillstrom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2009, 12:04 AM   #9
Imriledup

Iggy didn't come across like he had too much confidence on JOCKEYS. I watched the show with someone who isn't familiar with racing that much and when Iggy was thanking Hofmans for giving him a mount on a good horse the person i watched the show with was like "cmon man, have some confidence in yourself, act like you can get it done, act like you aren't completely shocked someone gave you a mount"
Old 09-08-2009, 10:53 AM   #10
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Vic..........take his book!!!!!!
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2009, 11:03 AM   #11
Bochall

Iggy

Watched Iggy on the JOCKEYS show and I also thought he lacks confidence. He looks out of shape...every jock or exercise rider I've seen ever has been a lil rock solid powerhouse with cut muscles. Not Iggy. Not to start a new topic but I love the JOCKS show on APL. It's just some things I never see as a fan, like the drama in the Jocks' room. (who woulda known Nakatani is such an SOB who walks naked in front of Kayla Stra...and also hits other jocks..?). Chantal was suggesting that Flores and Solis are such good buds that they will move their tiring horse out of the way for one another but not for her...interesting. Never thought of those things happening.
Bochall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2009, 11:20 AM   #12
cj's dad

I seem to recall that after Julie Krone had that horrific spill at Gulfstream Park (?)
that when she did return she seemed very timid. How long after that did she retire ?? Anyone

Maybe Iggy is feeling the same way; maybe some who fall off the horse simply can't "get right back on".
Old 09-08-2009, 12:25 PM   #13
Marshall Bennett

Anything I see on Jockeys I take with a grain of salt . It's basically entertainment .
Marshall Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2009, 12:47 PM   #14
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell
I had completely forgotten about IggyPug. Where does time get to?

Hastings, Emerald Downs, and Fairplex could keep him going, and perhaps rekindle his racing spirit?
He couldn't work into the jockey colony in Vancouver as it is now the strongest in 20 years as the leading rider at Assiniboa, Alan Cuthbertson, just showed up for the big fall races, Gerry Cruise arrived from Ontario and a great apprentice name Giovanni Franco is doing very well. No room for even some of the lesser ones here as it is.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:56 PM   #15
banacek

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal
He couldn't work into the jockey colony in Vancouver as it is now the strongest in 20 years as the leading rider at Assiniboa, Alan Cuthbertson, just showed up for the big fall races, Gerry Cruise arrived from Ontario and a great apprentice name Giovanni Franco is doing very well. No room for even some of the lesser ones here as it is.
I've got charts from the old Western Canada circuit from 1969 with Alan Cuthbertson riding. Is it the same guy..must be in his 60s..or maybe his son?
banacek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply