Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-03-2023, 10:57 PM   #1
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

The LEFT is a RELIGION and TRUMP is their SATAN

He's not wrong...

Old 04-04-2023, 09:23 AM   #2
classhandicapper

He's correct. Once you get to the stage where you can make counter arguments to someone that totally destroy their position, but they refuse to listen or budge and simply proclaim that your are wrong without any logic or facts to back up their thinking, they are the equivalent of a religious zealot. That's what I see now on the left.

To them, Trump is the anti Christ.

The most ironic of thing of all is that part of why Trump became so popular is that he shifted the republican party towards the worker, jobs, and staying out of the affairs of other countries (wars). Those were traditionally liberal/democrat priorities. Instead democrats have taken up the mantle of the war mongers, large corporations, and intelligence community. Those are the very things democrats used to not trust and fight against.

There are loads of reasons to not like Trump, but the democrats are in such a religious fervor they can't even see what they support anymore.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 04-04-2023 at 09:27 AM.
classhandicapper is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2023, 10:29 AM   #3
MargieRose

Coincidentally, or maybe not, we are in the midst of Holy Week. 🤔

MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2023, 10:52 AM   #4
azeri98

But isn't the right the same? They refuse to budge either. It's a game and we are the pieces in the game
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2023, 12:27 PM   #5
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
But isn't the right the same? They refuse to budge either. It's a game and we are the pieces in the game
I would say there's some of the same attitude in terms of supporting Trump no matter what he says or does, but I don't think it's so much supporting Trump "the man" that drives it. It's that Trump is one of the only politicians that's an outsider fighting the DC swap, intelligence community, corrupt media etc.. He's the leader of the people that see "the system" as the problem. If someone else came along that could voice their discontent that had less baggage, they'd probably jump on that bandwagon and make some adjustments to their thinking.
Old 04-04-2023, 12:48 PM   #6
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I would say there's some of the same attitude in terms of supporting Trump no matter what he says or does, but I don't think it's so much supporting Trump "the man" that drives it. It's that Trump is one of the only politicians that's an outsider fighting the DC swap, intelligence community, corrupt media etc.. He's the leader of the people that see "the system" as the problem. If someone else came along that could voice their discontent that had less baggage, they'd probably jump on that bandwagon and make some adjustments to their thinking.
Doesn't Ron DeSantis come very close to fitting that bill; yet, as of now, his bandwagon seems to be diminishing?

MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2023, 02:04 PM   #7
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
Doesn't Ron DeSantis come very close to fitting that bill; yet, as of now, his bandwagon seems to be diminishing?

Ron DeSantis will never chip away at any of Trumps base, and Ron DeSantis has a voting record that can not be a positive thing.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2023, 02:06 PM   #8
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post

DeSantis is a question mark for me. Some of his supporters make me leery.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2023, 02:27 PM   #9
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
DeSantis is a question mark for me. Some of his supporters make me leery.
That's where I am.

He's done a very good job in Florida, but some of his backers are people I dislike strongly. They are uniparty RINOs. That's more of the same nonsense that is slowly destroying the country.
Old 04-04-2023, 02:38 PM   #10
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
That's where I am.

He's done a very good job in Florida, but some of his backers are people I dislike strongly. They are uniparty RINOs. That's more of the same nonsense that is slowly destroying the country.
And Lindsey Graham is a big Trump backer as recently as a month or two ago...

Do you guys just automatically forget stuff like this?
Old 04-04-2023, 02:49 PM   #11
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
And Lindsey Graham is a big Trump backer as recently as a month or two ago...

Do you guys just automatically forget stuff like this?
That relationship has always had me stumped. Trump doesn't seem to support his policies and I don't think Graham has any money to give Trump, not that he needs it.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-05-2023, 09:29 AM   #12
azeri98

Quote:
Except when he was in office he did nothing to drain the swamp. He became part of it. I do agree with you about the intelligence community and the corrupt media. He did fight them, except for FOX
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-05-2023, 10:00 AM   #13
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
Except when he was in office he did nothing to drain the swamp. He became part of it. I do agree with you about the intelligence community and the corrupt media. He did fight them, except for FOX
Most weren't aware of the size of the swamp, the real effects. One thing he did do was shine a light on it and expose it to a much greater degree
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-05-2023, 10:03 AM   #14
ElKabong

Quote:

There are loads of reasons to not like Trump, but the democrats are in such a religious fervor they can't even see what they support anymore.
So obvious. Yet no repub politician has drilled this into Americans . Needs to happen
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
Old 04-05-2023, 10:09 AM   #15
ElKabong

Quote:
That's where I am.

Forget Trump for potus. He can't/ won't win. People need to see that. Because the people you "dislike" support DeSantis is no reason not to back him. They have to back somebody, and they are aware enough that Trump is done in regards to winning elections. DeSantis is simply a greater agent of change than Trump is. That's a fact conservatives need to realize