Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-08-2009, 01:01 PM   #16
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by banacek
I've got charts from the old Western Canada circuit from 1969 with Alan Cuthbertson riding. Is it the same guy..must be in his 60s..or maybe his son?
same guy who cleaned up his act and yes, he is that old
Old 09-08-2009, 01:11 PM   #17
rokitman
Registered BSer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal
same guy who cleaned up his act and yes, he is that old
Wow. God bless him.
rokitman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2009, 01:15 PM   #18
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Sounds like He already did!
Old 09-09-2009, 02:50 AM   #19
maxwell

If I were the leading rider at Assiniboa I would probably keep it to myself.

It's hard to believe Cuthbertson is still in the saddle but I'm glad he was able to turn his life around. He used to ride for my uncle back in the day. He was a punk kid back then. The last time I saw him ( '65 ) he was sitting on the roof of his car drinking a beer.

Cruise must be getting back his 5lb. "bug" to ship out of Woodbine? The last time he tried that little prank they deported him to wee bonnie Scotland. It goes to show you how dysfunctional Woodbine is to allow this guy back on the track.

I don't know Franco but I wish him the best.
maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2009, 08:46 AM   #20
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bochall
Watched Iggy on the JOCKEYS show and I also thought he lacks confidence. He looks out of shape...every jock or exercise rider I've seen ever has been a lil rock solid powerhouse with cut muscles. Not Iggy. Not to start a new topic but I love the JOCKS show on APL. It's just some things I never see as a fan, like the drama in the Jocks' room. (who woulda known Nakatani is such an SOB who walks naked in front of Kayla Stra...and also hits other jocks..?). Chantal was suggesting that Flores and Solis are such good buds that they will move their tiring horse out of the way for one another but not for her...interesting. Never thought of those things happening.
How do you get the show in the Virgin Islands? DishNet work down there?
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2009, 11:06 AM   #21
Bochall

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
How do you get the show in the Virgin Islands? DishNet work down there?
Good ole' cable TV...we got cable around 1981-82 and it's one of the things that is actually run well down here.
Bochall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2009, 12:17 PM   #22
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Good ole' cable TV...we got cable around 1981-82 and it's one of the things that is actually run well down here.
Wish I could say that about my cable provider ( Suddenlink ) . Down at least 2 or 3 times a week . Last week my internet was down 2 days . Fortunately I have Dish as well for the television or I'd really be pissed . I've started calling them every time there's a problem and have them credit my account . My only alternative is to go with DSL through the local phone co. but from what I've heard it's just as bad . Perhaps it's the bad economy , Suddenlink simply refuses to correct their problems and because the service is so bad , they're not even accepting new accounts .
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2009, 12:20 PM   #23
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Thanks for filling me in........

It's on the list when we discuss where to retire..........still have many years though. The wife spent some time in Curacao a few years back and loved it. She has been looking at the part of the world ever since......... I would rather be up north more............Curacao seems too far south to me

Last edited by JustRalph; 09-09-2009 at 12:22 PM.
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2009, 12:51 PM   #24
joanied

Location: Wyoming, near Yellowstone Park...born/raised in Brooklyn,NY
Talking

I just got the chance to see last weeks Jockey's (episode2)...poor Iggy...I do feel sorry for him because he looks absolutley lost. I agree with the poster who mentioned Iggy not seeming confident...when Hoffmans gave him that mount I thought the man was gonna get down and kiss the trainer's feet...come on, Iggy...be strong, be sure.
Maybe he is affraid...and if he is, he has no business trying to get mounts...I think his girlfriend is putting pressure on him to get back 'on top' ...which is plainly not gonna happen.
I was happy he won on the horse...in a 4 horse field...but, he did boot home a winner...and now his girlfriend can spend that on a wedding and to hell with the mortgage...poor Iggy.

I thought Chantell was totally off base with her whinny crap about jocks ganing up on her in that race...Mike said all the right things to her...like, get over it!!!
Does she think they should give her an easy time out there just so she can win...I don't think so!

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us"
Gandalf the Grey
joanied is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2009, 02:09 PM   #25
Tom Barrister
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imriledup
Iggy can be a top 5 rider at Golden gate if he puts his mind to it.
My parrot could be a top 5 rider at Golden Gate.
Tom Barrister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2009, 03:07 PM   #26
Imriledup

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanied
I just got the chance to see last weeks Jockey's (episode2)...poor Iggy...I do feel sorry for him because he looks absolutley lost. I agree with the poster who mentioned Iggy not seeming confident...when Hoffmans gave him that mount I thought the man was gonna get down and kiss the trainer's feet...come on, Iggy...be strong, be sure.
Maybe he is affraid...and if he is, he has no business trying to get mounts...I think his girlfriend is putting pressure on him to get back 'on top' ...which is plainly not gonna happen.
I was happy he won on the horse...in a 4 horse field...but, he did boot home a winner...and now his girlfriend can spend that on a wedding and to hell with the mortgage...poor Iggy.

I thought Chantell was totally off base with her whinny crap about jocks ganing up on her in that race...Mike said all the right things to her...like, get over it!!!
Does she think they should give her an easy time out there just so she can win...I don't think so!
Maybe his GF is pressuring him to NOT move to N Cal to pursue winners. He seems totally whipped, he even has a tattoo on his back worshiping her. Break away iggy, if Matt Garcia can win, so can you!
Imriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2009, 03:37 PM   #27
Doc

There was a scene in the last episode of Jockeys where I swear Iggy was crying ... I wanted to shake him and say "stop it, be a man!" But honestly I was the one getting misty-eyed at the final scene, when he wins that race and he and his girlfriend are dancing. I thought this was the best-ever episode of Jockeys, and I really hope Iggy gets his life together and finds a circuit where he can ride a steady diet of winners. Hey, David Cohen moved to the East Coast and is leading rider at Delaware Park now - Iggy's got to move to where he can be a star. No use beating his head against a brick wall begging for mounts at Santa Anita or Del Mar.

Last edited by Doc; 09-09-2009 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Misspelled word
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2009, 06:04 PM   #28
joanied

Location: Wyoming, near Yellowstone Park...born/raised in Brooklyn,NY
Yeah...I saw the tats also, Imriledup...and Doc...he was crying...doesn't he know "there's no cryin' in horse racing" ....

I do think he is pretty much a 'whipped' man...I think she calls the shots in this relationship...my fear is if Iggy can't make that 'come back' in S Cal., she'll leave him high and dry (hope I'm wrong about that...he seems a very sweet man)...I just hope he won't let her talk him into spending that win money all on a wedding...geeze!

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us"
Gandalf the Grey
joanied is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2009, 06:23 PM   #29
Marshall Bennett

He'll probably blow it on another 5 or 6 tatoos .
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2009, 06:41 PM   #30
Cat Thief

I am sure Iggy is alot better than Alan Cuthbertson. Tried to speak to him at Assiniboine Downs after he won a race there and he was RUDE. Don't think he can hack Hastings ... I am sure that's why he is at Assinibone Downs. Besides he must be ready for Old Age pension.
Cat Thief is offline   Reply With Quote Reply