Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-27-2024, 07:20 PM   #46
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

And here I thought the death cult was only on the left
Old 02-28-2024, 12:42 AM   #47
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Because you have nothing better to add in the conversation, it is a part of life. If you look at total membership it is where half of the members went. I was suggesting who Mostpost is and suggesting maybe he just does not fit in the enemy category. I tend to turn the page faster and suggest doing so with all those I at one time think of as ass holes much in part because life has a big way of biting a big chunk out of all who play that game. So I don't by into the premise of the thread "Anyone else have any new enemies lately?"
By?

How much does that cost?

You also seem to have a recurring problem with your vs you’re.

Is English your first language?
Old 02-28-2024, 12:57 AM   #48
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
By?

How much does that cost?

Please FO and go grab some.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2024, 01:18 AM   #49
Inner Dirt

Quote:
By?

How much does that cost?

Quote:

I notice as I have gotten older I get homophones mixed up when I type.
I think I do hear and here a lot.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2024, 01:24 AM   #50
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I notice as I have gotten older I get homophones mixed up when I type.
I think I do hear and here a lot.
I am always dropping letters that I don't catch, and I really do not care. My glasses are downstairs and will use then next when I drive the car next. I do wear PCP when operating my band saw, radial cut, and table saws as well as when I solder. But for Pace Advantage please.
Old 02-28-2024, 02:14 AM   #51
Inner Dirt

Quote:
I am always dropping letters that I don't catch, and I really do not care. My glasses are downstairs and will use then next when I drive the car next. I do wear PCP when operating my band saw, radial cut, and table saws as well as when I solder. But for Pace Advantage please.

PCP? If you are talking eye protection I only where (I did that one on purpose) it when welding, using a cut-off wheel, or cutting drywall on a table saw. I used to not even wear it using a cut off wheel until I had one come apart while cutting out copper pipe replacing the plumbing. Put a nice gash in my arm, I am an expert cut man but I am on blood thinners for heart failure and bleed like crazy. I do take risks but nothing that would risk more than a couple stitches. I will arc weld in sandals, a tank top, shorts and no socks.
I set my chest hair on fire once.

I hate bifocals and strangely my vision has improved with age. When I was a teenager it was 20-400, now I could probably drive during the day without glasses if I allowed an extra amount of following distance. I am near sighted but can see fine double the lengths of my arms away. My problem is I often take off my glasses and then forget where they are. I do notice I need a 5x jewelers loupe and good light to read fine print. I do have hearing protection but rarely wear it and at 63 still have perfect hearing. I will shot pop cans off
a tree stump with my .357 and never where ear plugs. I have a huge box of the green marshmallow single use type. I will only wear ear plugs if running hex bars in a metal tube bar feeder on a lathe. I also wear them if

in concussion protocol and the air compressor noise is getting to me. I got this 80 gal two stage Ingersol Rand second hand 30 years ago that sounds
like a 454 Chevy with a rod knock. You can hear it out to the paved road 1/4 mile away. It just keeps running it should have died decades ago. The nearest neighbor is more than 1/4 mile out so no complaints.
Old 02-28-2024, 02:35 AM   #52
fast4522

When I was 19 I was told I had one lazy eye that is slightly not as good as the other. It turns out by not wearing my bifocals at the computer for well over 10 years has helped my prescription to stay the same. And yes I get a bit tired when posting and I missed "PPE". But like I said it is only Pace Advantage. Back in the day I wrote ECO's and I got flagged for writing "ass backwards" on the ECO and the BBM was pissed because it was caught after the change.
Old 02-28-2024, 03:42 AM   #53
Inner Dirt

Quote:

What are you making?
Old 02-28-2024, 07:07 AM   #54
fast4522

So I have a rather large basement, partitioned into thirds originally for 1 part laundry, 1 part electronics lab, and 1 part woodworking shop. The laundry has a large 6 foot kitchen top between washer and drier that has stuff for the washer and drier and a large tumbler to clean my brass with a 2 gallon pale covered with walnut chips inside.
Old 02-28-2024, 04:35 PM   #55
Inner Dirt

Quote:
So I have a rather large basement, partitioned into thirds originally for 1 part laundry, 1 part electronics lab, and 1 part woodworking shop. The laundry has a large 6 foot kitchen top between washer and drier that has stuff for the washer and drier and a large tumbler to clean my brass with a 2 gallon pale covered with walnut chips inside.

I am going nuts trying to attach a pic. I downsized it and it says it is too many characters. I tried copy/paste and it showed up in the previews but vanished when I submitted it.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tumbler.jpg (39.6 KB, 11 views)
Old 02-28-2024, 05:09 PM   #56
Inner Dirt

Finally got it to work, maybe my Win 10 photo software is corrupt. I invented the 3 phase 10 speed reversible geared head tumbler.

It seems a well made 2-5 gallon rotary tumbler does not exist or I was not looking in the right place. That barrel I made a stem for was from the second Franklin Armory one that died a quick death. The first one I ran at capacity and the motor burned up. The second one I put 20# instead of the 30# or whatever capacity was and in a couple batches the plastic gears stripped out. If you want a well made one you seem to have to buy cement mixer size, no way in hell do I want to sift out 200# of media each batch. I got the largest vibe bowl one from Harbor Freight I thought I scored as it had nice strong action and for $200 had a higher capacity than a $500 Thumler, I like the Thumlers as I got about 25 years out of the first one I bought. It finally fried a motor, but Thumlers had Covid supply chain issues and was out of those units and replacement motors.

Back to the Harbor Freight unit, the bowl now leaks after about a year and the nastiest thing I used in it was kerosene and that is rare. It wore through on the 3 mounts. I am hoping I can fix it with 2 part epoxy. I am mostly tumbling steel. I make these parts out of 12L14 3/4" hex 2.250 long just drill and tap a hole through. The issue is the bar stock I buy is always rusty and with carpal tunnel and bad shoulders I do not enjoy spending hours at a time at a pedestal grinder with wire wheels on it.

Not sure if you are aware Harbor Freight sells all sorts of tumbling and blast media cheaper than anywhere I have found.
Old 02-28-2024, 05:47 PM   #57
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
By?

How much does that cost?

Are you that much of a ignorant ass that you did not understand what he was saying?

"You're" is so far over your head that it stumped you?

The purpose of communication is to coney ideas (stuff) not impress geezers with spelling.

This is a freaking horse board, not your business office.
Old 02-28-2024, 05:52 PM   #58
mountainman

Quote:
it is a part of life. If you look at total membership it is where half of the members went.
note to self: Live HARD for today.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2024, 06:06 PM   #59
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
I love it when old men get triggered
Old 02-28-2024, 08:24 PM   #60
jimmyb

We have guys like mostpost and Biden telling us white supremacy, guns and maga republicans were the greatest threat to America. Now we have Bidens illegals bashing in the brains of innocent citizens, sexually assaulting children, assaulting cops, raping a woman here in Boston, draining state treasuries. Biden had said he would not allow ICE to go after these serial criminals, but now in an election year decides to reverse himself. Biden and those who buy his bullshit are the real threat to America.

Fuck all you azzholes who tell me illegal immigration is such a wonderful thing. I'll bet mostie has not one living with him. I'll bet he hasn't even befriended one.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply