Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-09-2021, 09:55 AM   #31
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
As I recall it being said several times here in the past..."elections have consequences".
Tell us Thask, what consequence are you looking forward to?
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2021, 09:59 AM   #32
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by delayjf View Post
Fox is reporting that the DC mayor turned down extra security that was offered by other agencies in the weeks prior to the rally. She was ok with BLM running amok and now this, she should be recalled if possible.
She is not in charge of the Capitol police. U.S. Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund is/was.

Since 9/11, that force was beefed up to the point where even the most serious attack by foreign terrorists would be well-defended, in order to protect legislators, leaders, our VP, our Congress and the public, . in that building. The United States Capitol Police (USCP) is a premier federal law enforcement agency.

You gotta wonder how what happened, happened.

There are a number of ideas about it.

Apparently USCP turned down the Pentagon when they asked if they needed more help: "— Three days before supporters of President Donald Trump rioted at the Capitol, the Pentagon asked the U.S Capitol Police if it needed National Guard manpower....

https://apnews.com/article/capitol-p...828a07e4d03380

The mayor is not in charge of Federal police forces.

Last edited by clicknow; 01-09-2021 at 10:03 AM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2021, 10:18 AM   #33
Andy Asaro

Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2021, 10:40 AM   #34
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by delayjf View Post
Fox is reporting that the DC mayor turned down extra security that was offered by other agencies in the weeks prior to the rally. She was ok with BLM running amok and now this, she should be recalled if possible.
more likely she will be made governor of the new state in that area
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2021, 11:22 AM   #35
newtothegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Google shared that they were removing Parler from their Play Store. Ditto Apple.

(If the FBI is even halfway on their game, they've probably already leveraged Parler to the tune of a couple of dozen informants).

While I'm not in favor of shutting down free speech, unfortunately, there are people who do not think carefully before they "discuss" things on the internet, and don't realize that there are just things you don't say. Unfortunately, many are not very savvy and end up in places they don't understand and become victims of intentionally controversial clickbait.

Apple and Google not wanting to support platforms and apps that include conspiracy theories, threats and hate speech, not to mention outright planning of violence, doesn't qualify as shutting down free speech. They aren't required to provide space for people to engage in that....They are private companies. They don't owe you anything.

So if you don't agree then find another platform to speak on and/or treat them as any other business that you will or won't do business with.

Twitter did supply an explanation in their blog about suspended account:
https://blog.twitter.com/en_us/topic...uspension.html
You are so full of BS!!!
"while I am not in favor of shutting down free speech..." Of course you aren't in favor of shutting it down Click..... YOU want it "leveraged" by the FBI!
If they shut it down, then you cant keep on eye on all those evil parler people!!

Im curious why you didn't mention any left wing sites. Now now, I know in a few more post further down you mentioned violence as a way too save yourself. You talked about how trump basically incited this and that was the reasoning for your monitoring.
So when all of those democrats leaders were calling for actual violence, where was your call to monitor and shut down those sites??? You know those terms of service that are anti violence?? Where was the application of banning those???

GTFOH .....

You are just another little lemon following along like a good little girl should do....

Here's the part you all haven't realized yet...and it is coming. Do you think for a moment that BIG government and all these Tech Giants will stop at controlling the right?? Power consolidation doesn't stop ....Greed knows no boundaries....
You're a damn fool if you think otherwise.....
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2021, 12:25 PM   #36
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
As I recall it being said several times here in the past..."elections have consequences".
They do.

To be honest, I don't even know your politics. We've had our disagreements, but I respect your opinion and don't want any hard feelings even when we disagree. I guess I'd call myself a libertarian that's more pragmatic than the extreme versions.

I just find cancel culture, extreme political correctness, censoring opinions, banning people etc.. somewhat appalling, but I find it dangerously appalling when it's not being applied fairly to both sides.

If you want to ban someone calling for violence I'm fine with that.

But you can't allow blue checkmark people and politicians on the left to call for jailing conservatives, violence against them, harassing them when they eat dinner out with their families, excusing and further inciting riots as justified because of a police incident etc...and let that all slide and then ban or destroy the lives of some people because they are pro Trump, against illegal immigration, think there are only two sexes, or make an insensitive bad joke.

People say and do some things they regret. They mature and learn. They have different values and/or priorities, but you have to tolerate it all unless they step over some extreme line. Just do it fairly. We can't have extreme bias in both the media and information technology companies. It's not healthy.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 01-09-2021 at 12:29 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2021, 02:22 PM   #37
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
So when all of those democrats leaders were calling for actual violence, where was your call to monitor and shut down those sites???
I never called for anyone to shut down or monitor any sites. I said that Trump did, and if you wish me to link you to the speeches where he did that, I will be glad to oblige.

Here, I simply responded to a post asking why accounts were shut down.

I also just re-posted Twitter's official reasons why they closed Trump's account that THEY GAVE in their blog.

I am not Twitter. If you disagree, disagree with Twitter. I did not make their rules. If you believe there was nothing objectionable in the posts they found objectionable, take it up with them.

As far as the FBI leveraging informants at Parler, I did not say I was in favor of that. I simply shared that that is what is going to happen. Because I live in reality.

Again, if you disagree with the FBI, take it up with the FBI.

They really wouldn't have to do any work now anyway, now that QAnon Congresswoman Margerie Greene went on Parler nd told her followers she needs their emails and phone numbers because of “the Great Purge” ....... hundreds of patriots just doxxed themselves......

Like I said, some people are just too dumb to use the internet.
Old 01-09-2021, 02:25 PM   #38
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Shouldn't Marjorie Greene be thrown out of Congress?
Old 01-09-2021, 02:28 PM   #39
Robert Fischer
clean money

Angry If Someone Goes Against the Grain

1. they demonetize
  2. if that doesn't work, and you still have followers - They ban you
Old 01-09-2021, 02:28 PM   #40
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Old 01-09-2021, 02:35 PM   #41
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Shouldn't Marjorie Greene be thrown out of Congress?
Why, do you think she should be?

Because she did something dumb on the internet?

She broke no laws. She just did something very foolish. I will say that a lot of these people believe they have more political capital than they actually do, but I will leave that to the voters where she is on the ballot.

I like living in a democracy where people get to have different opinions.

Voters have a choice.

We just got to see that in action this past November, right?
Old 01-09-2021, 02:36 PM   #42
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Why, do you think she should be?

Because she did something dumb on the internet?

She broke no laws. She just did something very foolish. I will say that a lot of these people believe they have more political capital than they actually do, but I will leave that to the voters where she is on the ballot.

I like living in a democracy where people get to have different opinions.

Voters have a choice.

We just got to see that in action this past November, right?
She should be thrown out because she is an avid "Qanon" promoter/believer...right?

I mean, these types of people are no good for twitter/youtube/facebook but they are OK for Congress?
Old 01-09-2021, 03:10 PM   #43
jay68802

Asked 2 times before this. Someone put up a list of left or Democratic people or groups that have been censored by Faceplant and Twitter.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2021, 03:16 PM   #44
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
She should be thrown out because she is an avid "Qanon" promoter/believer...right?

I mean, these types of people are no good for twitter/youtube/facebook but they are OK for Congress?
After years of having religious nuts bothering me and disturbing my privacy on the porch at my front door, proseletizing and trying to hand me their religious propaganda, I have never suggested they be barred from holding office, or posting on social media.

How about ya'll?

I would of course, not vote for them though.

I'm sure there are plenty of nutties holding office all across America and the world.

As long as they don't break any laws........

Of course I do have my property posted (against hunting and solicitation) but they do it anyway. That of course is actionable on my part, but I have never felt the need to do that, as when it happens I simply remind them of the posted signs and they clear off.

QAnon, Scientologists, etc. are free to post whatever nonsense they subscribe to. Obviously. And those that follow them are free to do so. Again, if they do not cross over to breaking any laws, they are free to proseletize their ridiculous (to me) notions.

Last edited by clicknow; 01-09-2021 at 03:22 PM.
Old 01-09-2021, 03:26 PM   #45
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
Asked 2 times before this. Someone put up a list of left or Democratic people or groups that have been censored by Faceplant and Twitter.
Show the tweets where suggestions of "actual violence" and/or breaking laws were posted.

I also asked more than once for this.

You did see the post from Parler where the organizer suggested "killing" police officers and security guards, right? Do you think that should be allowed to stand under social media's TOS?

Meanwhile, the guy who was photographed walking away with Pelosi's lectern, smiling, is now in custody. He is not smiling in his latest photo, dressed in orange. They got the guy from DeMoines, too.

Last edited by clicknow; 01-09-2021 at 03:38 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: