Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-30-2020, 10:54 AM   #121
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula_2002 View Post
Perhaps there is some value in tying the three items together. Mc Connell has satisfied what trump wanted, little did trump realize how it would be done.
There is great value in tying all three items together. It allows McConnell to kick the can down the road, and with his keen understanding of politics, it greatly increases the possibilities that NONE of these issues ever come to passage.

The 230 section is of particular interest as eliminating it would inflict HUGE harm to BIG TECH, and the uni-party interests of whom McConnell is an important gate-keeper. (Come to think of it, McConnell likes playing for two teams if one considers his CHINA connections).

Other problems exist with single line bills versus multi-line bills. Single line bills make it harder for politicians to deny/hide accountability for the direction of their vote. But perhaps the most critical reason is that it interferes with their abilities to gain personal/family/friend wealth via the big Washington feeding trough when they add huge amounts of pork and waste to a given piece of legislation. <--- This here is essentially why most politicians are in office. They are not there to serve the people of this country.
Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2020, 11:12 AM   #122
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
And Obama didn't have to deal with covid 19.
When Obama took over Bush had most of the banks failing and their employees literally out on the sidewalks.

Perhaps you heard of The Great Recession?

In September 2008, Congress approved a $700 billion bank bailoutl

By February 2009, newly inaugurated Obama proposed the $787 billion economic stimulus package, which helped avert a global depression.

Were you around for any of that?

NOt that I agreed with either of them on those bailouts, BTW. But Bush left us in pretty rough shape.

Most Presidents do have some crisis to deal with during their tenure. The American people didn't think Trump did so well "dealing with Covid" and that is most likely the reason he is a one termer.

Last edited by clicknow; 12-30-2020 at 11:17 AM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2020, 11:34 AM   #123
Boomer

Quote:
Perhaps there is some value in tying the three items together. Mc Connell has satisfied what trump wanted, little did trump realize how it would be done.

McConnell is a dope. Tying the three together will cost republicans the GA senate vote. That takes away his power in the Senate.

Adios Georgia.

Adios Republicans if McConnell head the party.

Party rallied around Trump. NO ONE ELSE

Funny thing is Trump gave McConnell and the Republicans enough rope to hang themselves. And they took it.

Flash forward a couple of years.

Dems run the country into the shitter. Republicans lose the Trump base with McConnell as their leader.

Trump has set up the Republicans to fail. It is so obvious.

Trump still has his base as he is showing himself to be the Peoples president which McConnell is destroying with the 2k nonsense and the addition riders he tacked on that id getting Trumps base fed up as they want and need the 2k.

Republicans put on their "only for the rich" optics again.

Covid Gone by then.

Fast Forward Three Years

Trump still has
1. a huge base
2. Disgruntled Democrats
3. Disgruntled Republicans

Enter Trump the Independant
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2020, 08:58 PM   #124
ksichicago
Apprentice

My friend told me he is really mad because he just found out that his parents voted for Biden. He said he will never visit their gravesites again!
ksichicago is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2020, 09:14 PM   #125
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
When Obama took over Bush had most of the banks failing and their employees literally out on the sidewalks.

By February 2009, newly inaugurated Obama proposed the $787 billion economic stimulus package, which helped avert a global depression.

NOt that I agreed with either of them on those bailouts, BTW. But Bush left us in pretty rough shape.

Most Presidents do have some crisis to deal with during their tenure. The American people didn't think Trump did so well "dealing with Covid" and that is most likely the reason he is a one termer.
I am no Bush fan, but he had almost nothing to do with 2008. It’s lazy to even think in those terms. Same with Trump on Covid. Or Bush for 9/11.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2020, 09:23 PM   #126
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksichicago View Post
My friend told me he is really mad because he just found out that his parents voted for Biden. He said he will never visit their gravesites again!
Okay, as someone who leans left politically, that is hilarious

That’s one hell of a great first post

Last edited by PhantomOnTour; 12-30-2020 at 09:25 PM.
PhantomOnTour is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2020, 09:43 PM   #127
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksichicago View Post
This guy waited for over 5 years...but he made a heck of a debut here.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2020, 10:11 PM   #128
formula_2002
what an easy game.

20 days to go!!!

" I pass with relief from the tossing sea of cause and theory to the firm ground of result and fact"
Winston Churchill
formula_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2020, 10:55 PM   #129
ElKabong

Quote:

So, Bush did that all by himself?

Damn, you're even more stupid than I thought

By a mile
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-31-2020, 01:23 AM   #130
jay68802

Who did Bush inherit the economy from?
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-31-2020, 01:45 AM   #131
fast4522

All major cuckups are the result of the Congress getting a President to sign really bad legislation, like when Bill Clinton signed the repeal of Glass-Steagall Act. By doing that it set the stage for Financial Crisis in 2008 was because it created a permissive lending environment. People like Clicknow won't recognize the whore master from the same state who is to blame. Just come into the thread with a different expert hat to try to pin it on President Bush (43).
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-31-2020, 01:57 AM   #132
xtb

Quote:
20 days to go!!!
Make sure you are wearing a Depend.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-31-2020, 07:20 AM   #133
formula_2002
what an easy game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
Make sure you are wearing a Depend.
You have apparently graduated first in trump school
. You have learned well.got anymore of those silly comments?

" I pass with relief from the tossing sea of cause and theory to the firm ground of result and fact"
Winston Churchill
formula_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-31-2020, 07:36 AM   #134
davew

Quote:

when Commie Biden take over they will have the most evictions in history, followed by the most repossessions in history. This will be their excuse for another lackluster term....
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-31-2020, 11:46 AM   #135
I.M.Trulya

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
Who did Bush inherit the economy from?
That lying lousy Dem Clinton!

https://clintonwhitehouse5.archives....tyears-03.html
Clinton-Gore Economic Policy Has Dramatically Improved the Economy

"My colleagues and I have been very appreciative of your [President Clinton's] support of the Fed over the years, and your commitment to fiscal discipline has been instrumental in achieving what in a few weeks will be the longest economic expansion in the nation's history."
— Alan Greenspan, Federal Reserve Board Chairman, January 4, 2000, with President Clinton at Chairman Greenspan's re-nomination announcement

--Ivan
  Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: