Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 09-19-2023, 11:28 AM   #16
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

The chart that's showing 1C and 2C are clearly showing where the E1 and E2 pace ratings are calculated. Their are 4 different sprint distances where the E2 pace rating is at 4 furlongs vs only two distances where it's at 3/8.
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2023, 11:49 AM   #17
Running Amok

I am not questioning where the 1st call and 2nd calls are made. The chart you posted clearly shows where those calls are made but it does NOT show where E1 and E2 pace ratings are calculated.

E1 and E2 pace ratings are proprietary ratings from Brisnet. And I clearly pointed out and posted a graphic that shows Brtisnet states their Pace Ratings are measured at 2f, 4f and 6f.

Hence, the ambiguity...

The chart shows 2nd call is at 3/8 mark in 5 1/2f races

Brisnet states 4f Pace Rating – rates how fast the horse ran from the start to the half-mile call. (4f)

Brisnet states E2 Pace Rating – rates how fast the horse ran from the start to the 2nd call (4f Pace in sprints, 6f Pace in most routes).

Note they say "6f Pace in most routes" but it does NOT say in most sprints.

To me, all the information above and the information I posted suggests they are not making any exceptions in sprints, and that E2 is measuring from the start to the 4-furlong mark in sprint races.

I know it also states it measures how fast the horse ran from the start to the 2nd call. But then they say it's 4f Pace in sprints. Not most sprints, just sprints, period.

I could be wrong and so I'm asking folks here, which is it? Is it the 3/8 mark or the 4f mark that Brisnet's E2 Pace Rating is measuring in a 5 1/2 furlong race?

Last edited by Running Amok; 09-19-2023 at 11:54 AM.
Running Amok is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2023, 12:01 PM   #18
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

The chart is showing you where the E1 and E2 pace ratings are calculated!

Attached Images
File Type: png pace ratings.png (307.7 KB, 25 views)
Old 09-19-2023, 12:10 PM   #19
Running Amok

No it does not!

That chart shows where the 1st call and 2nd call is made.

No where on that chart does it say E1 and E2 Pace Ratings.

If it did, I wouldn't be asking about it.
Old 09-19-2023, 12:31 PM   #20
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

I'm done bro!
Old 09-19-2023, 05:17 PM   #21
MJC922

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running Amok View Post
I am not questioning where the 1st call and 2nd calls are made. The chart you posted clearly shows where those calls are made but it does NOT show where E1 and E2 pace ratings are calculated.

E1 and E2 pace ratings are proprietary ratings from Brisnet. And I clearly pointed out and posted a graphic that shows Brtisnet states their Pace Ratings are measured at 2f, 4f and 6f.

Hence, the ambiguity...

The chart shows 2nd call is at 3/8 mark in 5 1/2f races

Brisnet states 4f Pace Rating – rates how fast the horse ran from the start to the half-mile call. (4f)

Brisnet states E2 Pace Rating – rates how fast the horse ran from the start to the 2nd call (4f Pace in sprints, 6f Pace in most routes).

Note they say "6f Pace in most routes" but it does NOT say in most sprints.

To me, all the information above and the information I posted suggests they are not making any exceptions in sprints, and that E2 is measuring from the start to the 4-furlong mark in sprint races.

I know it also states it measures how fast the horse ran from the start to the 2nd call. But then they say it's 4f Pace in sprints. Not most sprints, just sprints, period.

I could be wrong and so I'm asking folks here, which is it? Is it the 3/8 mark or the 4f mark that Brisnet's E2 Pace Rating is measuring in a 5 1/2 furlong race?
I doubt you're wrong, it's likely the 4f mark for E2 even at 5.5f. Not sure where the confusion is, there are points of call for lengths and another set for fractional times. As we know they aren't always perfectly aligned at each distance. When they aren't aligned we have to estimate the lengths (not the time). I suspect that's what BRIS has to do just like everyone else, they have to work from the same info and it's whatever you see printed in the result chart period. I doubt they're going to try estimating a 3/8ths time in one of these short sprints when they really want to use the half mile in the first place and don't have the 3/8ths time at hand anyway. If the 3/8ths time were actually included in the chart then maybe it would be a legit option to consider but it would then be inconsistent with what they want to offer so I doubt they'd use it anyway.

Last edited by MJC922; 09-19-2023 at 05:26 PM.
MJC922 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2023, 06:27 PM   #22
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC922 View Post
If the 3/8ths time were actually included in the chart then maybe it would be a legit option to consider but it would then be inconsistent with what they want to offer so I doubt they'd use it anyway.
Absolutely the answer to the OP's question....
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2023, 07:39 PM   #23
Running Amok

Quote:
I doubt you're wrong, it's likely the 4f mark for E2 even at 5.5f. Not sure where the confusion is, there are points of call for lengths and another set for fractional times.
The confusion is the way the E2 is described, stating it's measured from the start to the 2nd call. But then they say it's 4f Pace for sprint races and as you can see in the chart that Mr. Speed Fig posted, in 5 1/2 f races the 2nd call is at the 3/8 mark. But I was unable to get through to SF that chart he posted doesn't show E2 Pace ratings anywhere, nor does Bris make any exception in sprint races like they say for route races, i.e., "most route races."

So to me it was unclear. So to confirm, I sent an email to Brisnet and will report back once I hear from them.

Quote:
If the 3/8ths time were actually included in the chart then maybe it would be a legit option to consider but it would then be inconsistent with what they want to offer so I doubt they'd use it anyway.
I agree and I was trying to suggest in the earlier posts I made that it's likely they're using the 4f mark. And if that's the case, then would it seem to be correct the Late Pace Rating in 5.5f races is measuring 1.5 furlongs.

Thanks again for weighing in with your informative knowledge and opinion. Much appreciated.

Last edited by Running Amok; 09-19-2023 at 07:42 PM.