Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-03-2010, 10:28 AM   #1
Igeteven

3rd Race at Hollywood Park, Friday Night 7/2/10--Very Strange--

Well people this is general racing discussion, so let's discuss this race.

I played a pick 3, I had 5 out of 6 horses in my pick 3, except the 1 horse in leg 1 of my pick 3.

Guess what, the horse, won and paid 33 dollars.

I said to my racing buddy, if the 1 horse wins, I will go outside into the street and holler. ( I did go outside and look at the moon and wondered what the hell is going on)

The whole race was weird. The favorite was gunned like a quarter horse and finish I think dead last. please remember I had four other horses and still lost my pick 3.

So don't laugh people , I put 2 bucks to win on the horse and broke even for the bet.

NOW, would anyone out there, try to analyze this race for me.

Lost in Hollywood park and looking for a way out- Lester

Last edited by Igeteven; 07-03-2010 at 10:30 AM.
Igeteven is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-03-2010, 10:44 AM   #2
andymays
Veteran

Social Event was working Ok at Golden Gate and Moger saw fit to bring him to southern california for his last three workouts when he could have run him at the fairs. The Trainer owns a piece of this filly as well.

Had a decent workout according to www.racingwithbruno.com

Social Event 06/27 HOL/FT 4F 48.0h

Worked in 101 on the gallop out. Went well enough with splits of 12.2, 23.2
and 48 flat. Finished final ¼ in 24.1.

It was a lousy field and the price was right on the #1. I used him in my pick 6 along with the #6 and #7. I ended up with 4 of 6 on the night.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Race 3 Hollywood and Social Event.pdf (116.2 KB, 9 views)
andymays is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-03-2010, 10:49 AM   #3
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

I made this mistake once and will never repeat it. If you are thinking about going all-but-one, just go all. All-but-one means you don't have a handle on the race as much as all does. Far better safe than sorry if you are going to play, though for me, I hate going all so much that I would probably just skip. Only reason to make a play like this is if I've got something huge in one leg and a real good opinion in the other.
OTM Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-03-2010, 11:00 AM   #4
Igeteven

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTM Al
I made this mistake once and will never repeat it. If you are thinking about going all-but-one, just go all. All-but-one means you don't have a handle on the race as much as all does. Far better safe than sorry if you are going to play, though for me, I hate going all so much that I would probably just skip. Only reason to make a play like this is if I've got something huge in one leg and a real good opinion in the other.

Old 07-03-2010, 11:06 AM   #5
JBmadera

I did an "all but 2" the other day on a P4, I think it was a six or seven horse field, and the 2 that I left off ran first and second......
JBmadera is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-03-2010, 11:08 AM   #6
andymays
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBmadera
I did an "all but 2" the other day on a P4, I think it was a six or seven horse field, and the 2 that I left off ran first and second......

On dirt you can usually throw out some of the field based on their running style. In other words if you have a frontrunner that can't get the lead then you can usually throw them out with confidence. On synthetic they can change styles much easier.

Bruno DeJulio just said on race and sports radio that the Hollywood surface is the worst it's ever been.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:11 AM   #7
Igeteven

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymays
On dirt you can usually throw out some of the field based on their running style. In other words if you have a frontrunner that can't get the lead then you can usually throw them out with confidence. On synthetic they can change styles much easier.

Bruno DeJulio just said on race and sports radio that the Hollywood surface is the worst it's ever been.
Andy

I thought, they are putting dirt in as a replacement for the poly crap.

Someone told me that's the track was half and half.

Anyone know for sure.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:13 AM   #8
andymays
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igeteven
Andy

I thought, they are putting dirt in as a replacement for the poly crap.

Someone told me that's the track was half and half.

Anyone know for sure.

I don't remember exactly what Bruno said about the Hollywood cushion track other than it is not in good shape.

Hollywood isn't going to change. They're just waiting to shut down in the next couple of years.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:22 AM   #9
miesque

The was a first time starter and pretty much nothing surprises me in a maiden race with either first or second time starters and it is why I don't play maiden races unless they happen to part of a Pick 6 or Pick 4 (and often they are a deterrent to playing those). I just shake my head and move on to the next race or the next day's card. Hell I am just happy it was in the early pick 4 and that at least I got the winners of the late Pick 4 maiden races correct to get back in the black for the evening.
miesque is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-03-2010, 11:50 AM   #10
wisconsin

Quote:

"All" is always giving 100% effort, wins every photo, and can never be DQ'd.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:45 PM   #11
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

I have noticed horsemen do not have near a good a handle on how first time starters will run on synthetics as they do on dirt. It is a mystery to them as well until they run.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-04-2010, 03:31 AM   #12
WJ47

Quote:
This is great advice. I once played a pick 3 at Arlington. I had 5 of 7 horses in one race and 2 singles. The 2 horses I left out ended up being the exacta and I missed a $4000 pick 3 to save $2. If I need to include most of the horses in a race, I hit the all button now. Lesson learned.
WJ47 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply