Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-19-2010, 09:38 PM   #31
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Diane, give us all the dirt!!! We know you are hearing more than you are telling........... I hope you are well..........

Last edited by JustRalph; 06-19-2010 at 09:39 PM.
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2010, 09:50 PM   #32
so.cal.fan

That's about all I know, JR.
I've been so depressed about politics, haven't paid much attention to the politics of Santa Anita/California.
You know California is in the toilet. Sacramento is full of a-holes, and Los Angeles....well......what can I say.....full of lunatics from the Mayor on down.

Santa Anita's track is problematic. It hasn't gotten better.
Stronach is suppose to have a meeting Tuesday, John says he has to give the BC people an answer on SA. This would be for '12 when the BC wants to run the BC back at SA, PROVIDED it's a dirt track.

They will probably make the track like the Churchill Downs model.
They'll have to dig down way deep, take out all the "drainage pipes", rocks, and assorted junk on that track. They need to get the best dirt and the best plan to make it a first class track again.
so.cal.fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2010, 10:09 PM   #33
Lasix67

I heard a lot about Monmouth and how they would be the demise of Saratoga this year. Now Monmouth should be congratulated on a least trying something new and thinking outside of the box, but they won't kill the greatness of Saratoga, but they surely have been successful in their quest to making an impact on the other big tracks running at this time.
Lasix67 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2010, 10:14 PM   #34
letswastemoney

I would normally never play Monmouth because I live in CA and am used to the CA tracks.

It has nothing to do with me liking synthetics because I don't. I'm just more familiar with the trainer and jockey patterns here. Doesn't matter the field size, what matters is that I have a better chance if I'm more familiar with the horses and connections.

I was motivated to play Monmouth today though because I liked Afleet Express. I play the Eastern tracks when they have stakes races with names I'm familiar with. But I try to avoid their "normal" everyday claiming and allowance races.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2010, 10:18 PM   #35
andymays
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasix67
I heard a lot about Monmouth and how they would be the demise of Saratoga this year. Now Monmouth should be congratulated on a least trying something new and thinking outside of the box, but they won't kill the greatness of Saratoga, but they surely have been successful in their quest to making an impact on the other big tracks running at this time.
Monmouth Park exceeding expectations one month into 'drastic' racing changes

http://www.nj.com/horse-racing/index...g_changes.html
andymays is offline   Reply With Quote Reply