Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-27-2023, 05:30 PM   #1
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Will Memphis Burn tonight?

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/mem...st-2023-01-27/

Body cam and other video to be released ay 7pm tonight.
Some police have said this is a most horrific beating of a young Black man by 5 Black White Supremasist Police officers.
Old 01-27-2023, 05:37 PM   #2
Inner Dirt

The black white supremacist movement seems to be gathering a lot of momentum these days. There are a lot of black people that just aren't black, just ask Joe Biden. I always wondered what it meant to not be black, if you are dark skinned. They always said O.J. wasn't black. We need some middle aged white liberal to explain what is being and acting black.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2023, 06:10 PM   #3
davew

many cities are expecting Saturday night 'peaceful protest' riots due to the 'white supremacist' racist police officers killing an innocent young black man (by 5 black police officers)
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2023, 06:33 PM   #4
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
many cities are expecting Saturday night 'peaceful protest' riots due to the 'white supremacist' racist police officers killing an innocent young black man (by 5 black police officers)
I suppose Chucky Schumer will tell us that all white people should be ashamed of those black racist cops.
Old 01-27-2023, 06:40 PM   #5
Robert Fischer
clean money

Without the race dynamic, this feels like a controlled, organized protest situation.

Heard politicians, civil rights politicians, and church politicians practically begging Memphis and instructing and starting chants w/ Memphis to protest.

I knew police are brutal and will abuse people too often if triggered. I'm more concerned over 'skycop'?? Media praised/glossed over, as well as the morning nurse lying to me about something and being tge second time i wonder if there wasnt prejudice from a nurse towrds my skin and/or age, out of mostly great care.

It's being compared to rodney king beating by media whose broadcasts have been warning my heartattack/copd roommate all day of the graphic nature.
Sounds equal part warning/hype-up
Maybe it will fire up some excitement in him?
I can't avoid hearing this crap when no earplugs or headphones but have no interest in seeing it

I like a good brutal beatdown as much as the rest, but pretty obvious that rodney king beating wasn't popular because of police brutality.

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 01-27-2023 at 06:50 PM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2023, 07:59 PM   #6
wisconsin

Blocking both directions of the Interstate. All class by people who had NEVER seen the video before they began their protests.
Old 01-27-2023, 09:46 PM   #7
horses4courses

Just goes to show........

There are some pretty f*c*ed up people posting on here.
chance of returning to the WH, assuming that
he can manage to stay out of prison. Think about it.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2023, 11:07 PM   #8
Inner Dirt

I watched all 4 videos and it was painfully slow as Friday Night is about the slowest my internet gets as it is broadcast by a cell tower close to I-95.
First, the guy had to be on drugs, he was yelling for mommy before he was even struck by officers when he was caught after running from the scene of the traffic stop like 20-30 minutes later. At scene #1 he broke loose and ran on foot, leaving his vehicle, the police never got the cuffs on, he was tased, and could have been pepper sprayed, somehow an officer sprayed himself (his own words). Not sure how many of the officers from scene one were at scene two, two stayed behind, the pepper sprayed guy and one who had to find his glasses that the suspect knocked off.

At scene two the guy is resisting for 3-5 minutes, he is able to squirm and roll enough to keep from getting cuffed. He was hit around 3-4 times with what appeared to be a telescoping baton and was warned before being hit to give up his hands. He took 3-4 body punches but still was squirming and uncuffed.
The tide turned when an officer not involved in trying to cuff him kicked him in the head, waited 15-30 seconds and did it again. He got in 3 head kicks or so. Then the odd part, with cuffs on they leaned him against a patrol car while sitting up and shined a flashlight on him every minute or so. He was moving his legs for a while and then became still, looks like he passed out.
He was subdued, cuffed and propped against the car for a good 20 minutes before medics show up, and put him on the gurney and hauled him off.

Pretty obvious the lethal blows were the kicks to the head, everything else looked justified other than the probably long wait to call medics, but that may not have mattered.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2023, 11:16 PM   #9
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post
Who dug you up?
Old 01-27-2023, 11:16 PM   #10
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Have this place shut down by the internet police.
Old 01-27-2023, 11:17 PM   #11
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Have you run out of tissues yet crying over the fact that the officers involved were not white?

That's pretty fucked up too if you ask me.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 01-27-2023 at 11:20 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2023, 11:24 PM   #12
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Voice of reason:

Old 01-28-2023, 01:41 AM   #13
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Have you run out of tissues yet crying over the fact that the officers involved were not white?

That's pretty fucked up too if you ask me.
some guy on CNN said it was still racist because if the victim was white, the cops would not have attacked him
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2023, 05:28 AM   #14
lamboguy

all these incidents with police that have been popping up quite frequently these days, probably because of all the cameras everywhere capturing the events, have been proclaimed as racial incidents. they really aren't, they are just taking place in areas that have a high concentration of people having different colors. again the only reason why we hear so much of this is strictly because of the camera's running.

years ago, police and their unions were behind all types of gun regulations, mainly to protect the officers. the laws that have shot up made it tougher to buy arms and give steeper penalties for carrying them and using them in crimes. in my state, you get an automatic year if you carry a gun that you have a license for outside your house if you do not have a license to conceal. the federal government with all its surveillance tools has managed pretty well to wipe out the mafia. mafia soldiers would always carry their weapons to protect them against rogue cops. today we don't have this, and the cops know whom to pick on because they know bullets aren't coming back at them.

the reason why we have a 2nd amendment here to start out with was to let people protect themselves against the government. a police officer is treated as an authority for the government. this i believe is what is going on in all these police incidents, nothing racial, just humans that have been given authority and are overstepping their bounds. i still feel very sorry for the mothers that have lost their children to this nonsense. its really been the liberals that are responsible for these gun laws that have only taken the guns out of the good guy's hands, the real bad ones are always gonna get their guns. elite liberals love their police and will do anything to make government and authority stronger and stronger to protect their ways and will regulate people's lives to the hilt in order to accomplish this.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2023, 06:48 AM   #15
Robert Fischer
clean money

Outrage here at the nursing home.