Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-10-2019, 01:55 PM   #61
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66 View Post
My apologies for stepping into your pissing match with NJ Stinks, but I did want to point out that it was Ralph who used the term "less intelligent" when referring to some of his employees. I note this just in case you care to correct that.
I was not capping on how JR used the phrase with those who do not have deductions set up for a larger return. I was capping Stinks how he used the term refrencing "Anybody who thinks Donny Boy is going to endorse any tax plan that does not favor people just like himself the most are "less intelligent" than those employees Ralph is bitching about."

I naturally wanted to call Stinks other than but for those who can not read enough to have the context connected with things is another red card I am avoiding in response to you.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-10-2019, 02:22 PM   #62
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
My kitchen pays pretty good wages, especially for the area. But it’s entry level work. I don’t expect them to raise a family on just these wages, even though most have kids, to their detriment. I pay more than anybody else near me. This is also why they have 2nd jobs and claim so many deductions, they pay no taxes. All are legal too. We use E-verify and a 2nd service built into my payroll system.

Many are re-entering society and we are the only option they have. My kitchen starts at 10 an hour to wash dishes and my top cooks earn just under 15 with a couple in the 17 range because they have other responsibilities.

New players get a raise of a buck at 90 days and .50 cents for the next two 90 day periods as long as they come to work. After a year a dishwasher is making $12 bucks. Most are moving into cooks position by that time, if they want it. Some don’t.

I do a bunch of other stuff for them too. Next year I hope to offer a full health plan. But the budgets really tight on that. It’s touch and go and rates change every month.
What's the minimum wage in Houston now?

California offers a reduced minimum as incentive to hire ex-cons and reformed addicts. I'm guessing Texas does the same?
Old 02-10-2019, 05:16 PM   #63
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
What's the minimum wage in Houston now?

California offers a reduced minimum as incentive to hire ex-cons and reformed addicts. I'm guessing Texas does the same?

Nobody pays that low as far as I know. Not in our business
Old 02-10-2019, 06:46 PM   #64
Trijack

Taxes

As a tax consultant & tax preparer I have over the years I have convinced most clients to forgo the big tax refunds and get their money during the year instead of letting the government have it free all the year. It is misleading to say that refunds are down. The question is are your taxes you paid less than last year.
Old 02-10-2019, 07:31 PM   #65
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trijack View Post
As a tax consultant & tax preparer I have over the years I have convinced most clients to forgo the big tax refunds and get their money during the year instead of letting the government have it free all the year. It is misleading to say that refunds are down. The question is are your taxes you paid less than last year.
That’s what I’m trying to convince my employees of....

Nice to hear from you Jack!
Old 02-10-2019, 08:18 PM   #66
Trijack

Thanks Ralph
Old 02-10-2019, 08:35 PM   #67
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
Wouldn't increasing your 457(b) also decrease your withholding? The withholding tables are based on taxable wages and not gross wages.
It would lower it, but you can only bump it so high before you max out. In my case, my wife and I both have such plans. I am really at the end of what I can do in terms of tax deferred accounts (IRAs and 457(b)). Fortunately, we still have enough deductions that we can itemize. We are also adding a vacation home that will afford us some deductions in the form of "maintenance."
Old 02-10-2019, 08:38 PM   #68
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
I was not capping on how JR used the phrase with those who do not have deductions set up for a larger return. I was capping Stinks how he used the term refrencing "Anybody who thinks Donny Boy is going to endorse any tax plan that does not favor people just like himself the most are "less intelligent" than those employees Ralph is bitching about."

I naturally wanted to call Stinks other than but for those who can not read enough to have the context connected with things is another red card I am avoiding in response to you.
You are trying to avoid a red card in responding to me? Why? Just send a PM then if there is something you need to get off your chest. Hell, it's off topic. I didn't think there were red cards. Incidentally fast, clearly it was justralph who said "less intelligent" and he has acknowledged that he could have used a better phrase. FanDan was quoting what he said. As for the reading comprehension, well let me just say that I will put my intelligence, education and common sense about your lack of the same. A guy who posts as many impossible to parse comments as you has no basis for criticizing others.

Last edited by kingfin66; 02-10-2019 at 08:42 PM.
kingfin66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-10-2019, 09:13 PM   #69
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66 View Post
You are trying to avoid a red card in responding to me? Why? Just send a PM then if there is something you need to get off your chest. Hell, it's off topic. I didn't think there were red cards. Incidentally fast, clearly it was justralph who said "less intelligent" and he has acknowledged that he could have used a better phrase. FanDan was quoting what he said. As for the reading comprehension, well let me just say that I will put my intelligence, education and common sense about your lack of the same. A guy who posts as many impossible to parse comments as you has no basis for criticizing others.
I admit that I am trying to stay inside the rules, and by all accounts we as a group still need some practice. I think JR's use of the phrase in question was in fact very accurate because less moneys got held because more was paid out "as you go" and for those who can not see and understand that the phrase is spot on. So it can be said a larger percentage of our country fits into that phrase. That is not the context Stinks used it and you know it. The context Stinks "that does not favor people just like himself the most are "less intelligent" suggesting Donald J. Trump. No private message for name calling I will do, back in the day sure I call a exaxtly fitting name for those who can't do simple math, or know different context was political in nature when Stinks used it. So I blow off saying I avoid the red card instead of further comments. We don't have differences, say what ever you want.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-10-2019, 11:52 PM   #70
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
I admit that I am trying to stay inside the rules, and by all accounts we as a group still need some practice. I think JR's use of the phrase in question was in fact very accurate because less moneys got held because more was paid out "as you go" and for those who can not see and understand that the phrase is spot on. So it can be said a larger percentage of our country fits into that phrase. That is not the context Stinks used it and you know it. The context Stinks "that does not favor people just like himself the most are "less intelligent" suggesting Donald J. Trump. No private message for name calling I will do, back in the day sure I call a exaxtly fitting name for those who can't do simple math, or know different context was political in nature when Stinks used it. So I blow off saying I avoid the red card instead of further comments. We don't have differences, say what ever you want.
Works for me and thanks for taking the high road.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:51 PM   #71
davew

Coumo (gov of New York) is meeting with Trump because he does not like the new tax laws. Coumo says it is income distribution taking money from rich states population (mostly dim) and giving it to poor states population (mostly Trump voters).

Could some dim explain this logic?
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2019, 09:06 PM   #72
sammy the sage

an update....that little snowball...well...

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/t...223444441.html
Old 02-21-2019, 10:49 PM   #73
chadk66

They failed to mention 8.7% less was taken from each paycheck lol. What a bunch of yahoos
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-22-2019, 06:48 AM   #74
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
They failed to mention 8.7% less was taken from each paycheck lol. What a bunch of yahoos
yepper....had an employee mention that yesterday....whoops...somebody at the leasing company...(probably accountants other companies nationwide...ALSO...over figured the so-called tax break vs loss of some deductions...
Old 02-22-2019, 08:00 AM   #75
delayjf

Quote:
One more comment. Anybody who thinks Donny Boy is going to endorse any tax plan that does not favor people just like himself the most are "less intelligent" than those employees Ralph is bitching about.
I would think you would be happy over the fact that the rich living in NY, CA, NJ, and other wealthy states will be paying more in taxes. I thought liberals loved taxing the rich.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: