Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 01-13-2019, 09:47 AM   #226
burnsy
self medicated

Rams bludgeoned the Cowboys. That was a physical beat down. Strength on strength and the Cowboys “D” got punched in the mouth through out 4 quarters.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-13-2019, 11:04 AM   #227
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Patriots (-4) over the Chargers. As much as I want the Chargers to win the Super Bowl for Philip Rivers to finally get one, Los Angeles is two weeks in a row flying across 3 time zones for a 1 pm start.That may be an NFL first, definitely a rarity.Combine that with cold temperatures and the Pats realization this may be their last best shot at another ring, going with NE.

Saints (-8 1/2) over the Eagles. Cinderella, your coach is here.And it's almost midnight.

Playoffs YTD 3-3-0

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-13-2019, 12:04 PM   #228
Secondbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper View Post
What made you think this? They haven't missed a beat.
In the last 5 games against teams not named Oakland they scored over 30 once (31) . With hunt mid thirties was common. Obviously they can still score a lot . In this game they scored a little more than I thought but colts disappointed.
Rams went to the ground . Gurley got healthy. O line dominated. No need for Goff to throw in order for them to win.
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-13-2019, 05:14 PM   #229
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
Rams bludgeoned the Cowboys. That was a physical beat down. Strength on strength and the Cowboys “D” got punched in the mouth through out 4 quarters.
Rams played winning playoff football. Gotta be the front runner after that massacre.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-13-2019, 05:50 PM   #230
Secondbest

For those who care. Chiefs opened -4. O/U 55. Got bet to -3 o/u. 57
Old 01-13-2019, 07:54 PM   #231
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
Patriots (-4) over the Chargers. As much as I want the Chargers to win the Super Bowl for Philip Rivers to finally get one, Los Angeles is two weeks in a row flying across 3 time zones for a 1 pm start.That may be an NFL first, definitely a rarity.Combine that with cold temperatures and the Pats realization this may be their last best shot at another ring, going with NE.

Saints (-8 1/2) over the Eagles. Cinderella, your coach is here.And it's almost midnight.

Playoffs YTD 3-3-0
Split the covers.Eagles played better than I thought they would;Chargers played worse.

It's been a while (2004),that both conference championship games were between the 1 and 2 seeds.Should be a couple of humdingers.

Playoffs YTD 4-4-0

Old 01-19-2019, 04:56 PM   #232
burnsy
self medicated

Started off great Saturday when the Rams won easily but Sunday was not a good day. The Chargers didn’t even show up and the Saints came out flat and barely won let alone not cover. This is how my entire season went and I’m in the red this year.

I’m gonna go with both dogs tomorrow. I like the way the Patriots and Rams are playing. I had a feeling the Rams lines on defense and offense would earn their keep. The Rams physically looked strong as did the Pats. Both teams had their way with opposition. I’ll probably go deep with the Rams. New Orleans is really over due for a big game. But they have been struggling a little bit to get going. The start of the game is crucial for them. Last time, they came out strong vs the Rams. If they have a slow start like they did vs the Steelers, Cowboys (on road) and Eagles. Home field won’t save them this time around. The Rams appear to be a team on offense that once they get into rythym , they are virtually unstoppable. There have been many games where they hardly punt at all. Because they run off 7 and 8 minute drives and you can almost tell if they get the ball back , it’s gonna happen again.

Last edited by burnsy; 01-19-2019 at 05:06 PM.
Old 01-19-2019, 09:58 PM   #233
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

It's my belief that Jared Goff is a total fake, and a product of his coaches' genius. Sean Payton knows it; which is why he wants the Dome crowd to go wild during the beginning of the play clock (that is when McVay will be telling Goff what to do). Communication is cut off with 15secs to go on the play clock. If Goff doesn't have his coaches guidance I believe he will be left wanting, badly.
That running game had better work because there's NO WAY he beats the Saints with his arm and his wits.
I'm taking the Saints and Chiefs to win
Old 01-19-2019, 10:34 PM   #234
barahona44

Chiefs (-3) over the Patriots.Rare to see the Pats as an underdog but given the mythical 3 points the home team supposedly gets (Never understood why EVERY team gets 3:;if true that kind of rigidity can be exploited.But I digress), this game is a tossup.This matchup (unlike the other game) is tough to figure.I'm going with Andy Reid having spanked Bill Bellichik a couple of times and playing him tight in a couple of others in his tenure as Chiefs and Eagles coach as the X factor in making a decision.It's obvious Reid doesn't soil his shorts when New England comes a calling.Could go down to the wire.

Saints (-3) over the Rams.Not seeing Jared Goff going into the Big Easy and performing well.The kid has talent but the key word in that phrase is 'kid'.If the Saints can neutralize Aaron Donald, Drew Brees should be able to pick apart LA.I'm thinking a two score victory for New Orleans, on the order of 34-23 or thereabouts.

YTD -Playoffs 4-4-0

Old 01-20-2019, 07:35 AM   #235
burnsy
self medicated

I don’t know. I kind of see the Rams defensive line possibly having a big day again. The Saints have two tackles, a center and a tight end on the injury report. I just think the Rams are healthy and hitting stride now, where they were the banged up team earlier in the season. On defense Okafor is playing with a knee and I can see Rams running right at him. It’s not gonna be Goff unless the stuff the run. He played well last time once he settled in.

Last edited by burnsy; 01-20-2019 at 07:47 AM.
Old 01-20-2019, 11:32 AM   #236
Marshall Bennett

Patriots +3
Saints -3

Last week : 1-1
Year : 36-23
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2019, 01:11 PM   #237
burnsy
self medicated

I don’t understand the bad mouthing of Goff. Last time in NO he had his best road game . 391 yds , 3 tds. But I just like the way the Rams have been playing. Last week was not the first time they hammered a team. It’s been that way since they got the second running back
Old 01-20-2019, 01:33 PM   #238
headhawg
crusty old guy

I agree with your assessment burnsy. I like both 'dogs today. Pats will find a way to win, and the Rams D keys their victory.
Old 01-20-2019, 02:53 PM   #239
Secondbest

Tough games to figure. However giving only 3 pts with the Saints at home
Is I think a good bet.
Getting points with the Pats is s rarity. If not for the Miami miracle this game would be in Foxboto with the pats favored. It's a big difference this year. NE is just not that good on the road. But I can see Belichek trying to keep the Chiefs off the field like the Giants did to the Bills in 1990 and again to the Pats in 2007. Looking for run and more run. On the other side Mahomes is the most dynamic QB in a long time , MVP in his 2nd year . First as a starter.
That plus NE bad road record give me KC
NO -3
KC -3
Old 01-20-2019, 06:10 PM   #240
Secondbest

Horrible no call.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: