Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 01-20-2019, 06:33 PM   #241
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondbest View Post
Horrible no call.

That was awful.

Could have called Pass Interference, Hitting a Defenseless Player, Helmet to Helmet, or even a simple old Personal Foul.

Still. You can't blow a 13-0 lead, at home, in a dome, in the NFC Championship game.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2019, 06:37 PM   #242
Secondbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
That was awful.

Could have called Pass Interference, Hitting a Defenseless Player, Helmet to Helmet, or even a simple old Personal Foul.

Still. You can't blow a 13-0 lead, at home, in a dome, in the NFC Championship game.
No you can't
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2019, 07:05 PM   #243
ultracapper

You have to get an early lead on the Rams and then play clean football the rest of the way out. By early 3rd period, the offensive line has been pushed and shoved so much it begins to show, and then the Rams D line just controls the game. There is no making up leads on them late. There are no 8 play 65 yard drives in the 4th quarter against them. You gotta get what you can early, and then know there won't be much late because that D line will take over the game eventually.

That is a GREAT defensive front 4.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2019, 07:11 PM   #244
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Amazing 1st quarter from Belichick and the Pats.

Have taken the raucous KC crowd out of the game thus far.

119 yards vs -11 with a 10 to 1 first down edge and 23 plays vs 5.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2019, 07:28 PM   #245
ultracapper

And one of the most improbable INTs of Brady's career. That may not be a killer, but man, that hurts.
Old 01-20-2019, 07:38 PM   #246
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper View Post
You have to get an early lead on the Rams and then play clean football the rest of the way out. By early 3rd period, the offensive line has been pushed and shoved so much it begins to show, and then the Rams D line just controls the game. There is no making up leads on them late. There are no 8 play 65 yard drives in the 4th quarter against them. You gotta get what you can early, and then know there won't be much late because that D line will take over the game eventually.

That is a GREAT defensive front 4.
Agreed, kind of thought both of their lines would do well. And people said Goff couldn’t do it. He was dead nuts even if they lose this game
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2019, 07:44 PM   #247
Secondbest

Pats dominating. But only up by 7. That's not good . The other team starts playing better . If it's 7 at the half that's good for KC considering how they're playing.
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2019, 08:00 PM   #248
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
Agreed, kind of thought both of their lines would do well. And people said Goff couldn’t do it. He was dead nuts even if they lose this game
I don't much like Goff, but he and McVay make a nice combo. McVay seems to have the key to what makes Goff click.
Old 01-20-2019, 10:30 PM   #249
headhawg
crusty old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhawg View Post
I agree with your assessment burnsy. I like both 'dogs today. Pats will find a way to win, and the Rams D keys their victory.
It's like I had a vision...
Old 01-20-2019, 10:39 PM   #250
ultracapper

Quote:
Yea, but you didn't say anything about OT.
Old 01-21-2019, 08:33 AM   #251
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
So did I. It was the Rams defense. For all the talk, they were the best “D” on the field yesterday. There were a few bad calls but if their defense didn’t show up, they get blown out yesterday. Breeze was under pressure many times and the tackling was great. The pic was a result of getting after Breeze.

I still don’t understand the criticism of Goff. Gurley had 10 yds running, the Rams only had 75 yards total running and Goff out passed Breeze with a 290 yard game that included passes dropped in the bucket. All these coaches teach the younger guys. But some of those throws were things you can’t teach. That was an extremely gutsy game, under pressure in a hostile environment. With absolutely no running game.......he burned them.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:21 AM   #252
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
Chiefs (-3) over the Patriots.Rare to see the Pats as an underdog but given the mythical 3 points the home team supposedly gets (Never understood why EVERY team gets 3:;if true that kind of rigidity can be exploited.But I digress), this game is a tossup.This matchup (unlike the other game) is tough to figure.I'm going with Andy Reid having spanked Bill Bellichik a couple of times and playing him tight in a couple of others in his tenure as Chiefs and Eagles coach as the X factor in making a decision.It's obvious Reid doesn't soil his shorts when New England comes a calling.Could go down to the wire.

Saints (-3) over the Rams.Not seeing Jared Goff going into the Big Easy and performing well.The kid has talent but the key word in that phrase is 'kid'.If the Saints can neutralize Aaron Donald, Drew Brees should be able to pick apart LA.I'm thinking a two score victory for New Orleans, on the order of 34-23 or thereabouts.

YTD -Playoffs 4-4-0
Push with the Saints and a loss with the Chiefs.

Currently, the line is Patriots by 2 with a 58 O/U.Started life as a pick 'em and 57 1/2.

I think a dome helps the Rams more than the Patriots and the Rams D is better than KC's (it couldn't be worse).But given my playoff record my opinion doesn't have a lot of credibility.

Playoff YTD. 4-5-1

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-21-2019, 09:27 AM   #253
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
So did I. It was the Rams defense. For all the talk, they were the best “D” on the field yesterday. There were a few bad calls but if their defense didn’t show up, they get blown out yesterday. Breeze was under pressure many times and the tackling was great. The pic was a result of getting after Breeze.

I still don’t understand the criticism of Goff. Gurley had 10 yds running, the Rams only had 75 yards total running and Goff out passed Breeze with a 290 yard game that included passes dropped in the bucket. All these coaches teach the younger guys. But some of those throws were things you can’t teach. That was an extremely gutsy game, under pressure in a hostile environment. With absolutely no running game.......he burned them.
The Ram defense was no better than the Saints defense yesterday. In fact, had Brees' throwing arm allowed him to throw the ball down field, your guy Goff would have lost by at least 10 again.

And the other game provided another unworthy winner. Brady should have thrown 3 interceptions in a losing effort but the biggest Patriot referee highlight of them all was the neutral zone infraction against KC. As opposed to the refs not throwing the flag in NO.

So we are stuck with a Super Bowl between two teams that the NFL seems to have chosen. The whole thing reminds me of why I stopped watching the NBA years ago.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:06 AM   #254
burnsy
self medicated

I don’t agree completely, the non call was bad. I was getting 3 anyway. But the Saints won the toss , got dogged, threw a bad pic, then the Rams had to kick a 57 yarder.

The Pats won the toss, marched down the field TD. Saints had the same opportunity and blew it. The Saints didn’t lose that game on that call. They had another chance and made a terrible mistake.

Both games could of gone either way. Just another reason to take the points. That’s how I look at it. The non call was not the end. And earlier in the game there were two calls where the Rams got screwed. New Orleans had that game and could not stop the Rams. They should be blaming themselves for that

The drive before halftime making it 13 -10 was a dagger for the Saints. The way that half was going

Last edited by burnsy; 01-21-2019 at 10:13 AM.
Old 01-21-2019, 12:19 PM   #255
ultracapper

It wasn't even a neutral zone infraction by the KC def end. He was on the Pats side of the line of scrimmage by at least 6 inches. KC is denied an int because the guy doesn't line up right.

There is plenty to complain about the refs. The only reason this play gets brought up at all is because KC picked it off. If it would have fallen inc nobody would even remember this offside call, because there was absolutely nothing controversial about it.

I thought the worst calls in the Pats-KC game were the PIs on the rookie CB. At least one of them was real ticky-tack. The Pats get called for 5 all season, and get 2 in that one drive on that CB.

Last edited by ultracapper; 01-21-2019 at 12:26 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: