Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-17-2018, 01:42 PM   #16
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
I wasn't in the minority in that situation. Additionally I do give him credit when he does some things. Mostly around here I just hammer the complete inconsistency of his supporters. In fairness though they have to be because he is completely inconsistent.

Am I wrong though? Wasn't Rex the guy working with the Chinese and trying to open channels of communication when this was tweeted:

Now though... Peace Prize for Trump...
I don't get it.

SO?

You act like foreign policy is some sort of infinitely static event...no fluidity at all...things don't change...people don't change...policy doesn't change...situations can't flip on a dime...

Plus you're forgetting the most important thing....4d chess.

Once again, Trump has them B-Boppin' & Scattin' all over the place:

Old 05-17-2018, 01:49 PM   #17
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I don't get it.

SO?

You act like foreign policy is some sort of infinitely static event...no fluidity at all...things don't change...people don't change...policy doesn't change...situations can't flip on a dime...

Plus you're forgetting the most important thing....4d chess.

Once again, Trump has them B-Boppin' & Scattin' all over the place:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QGb821oAZs

Whenever you say 4D chess I can't tell if you actually believe that's a "thing" or not...

Of course situations are fluid but in this case Tillerson appears to have been correct and Trump wrong. The people that support Trump are now calling for a possible Peace Prize for talking with North Korea... but just 3 months ago Tillerson's disagreement with Trump that we could talk to the regime was their reason for wanting him canned.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 05-17-2018 at 01:52 PM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2018, 01:53 PM   #18
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Sure...in this case it was the Good Cop (Tillerson) / Bad Cop (Trump) 4dchess move that turned N. Korea.

Of course, things don't look so rosy the last couple of days...but we'll see.
Old 05-17-2018, 01:57 PM   #19
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits View Post
Lambo, thank you for posting this!! It was worth every minute of my listening.
On your recommendation I listened end to end and found his speech to be the perfect speech of inspiration to those ready to cut teeth at the start of careers.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2018, 02:01 PM   #20
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Sure...in this case it was the Good Cop (Tillerson) / Bad Cop (Trump) 4dchess move that turned N. Korea.

Good cop got fired for doing a "good" job. 5D Chess... boom!

And of course they don't... we've added Bolton and Pompeo and backed out of the Iran deal.

NK is gonna play every leverage card it has the whole way out now. Plus they obviously have what they feel is a legitimate nuclear deterrent at this point.
Old 05-17-2018, 02:37 PM   #21
fast4522

Quote:
Good cop got fired for doing a "good" job. 5D Chess... boom!

And of course they don't... we've added Bolton and Pompeo and backed out of the Iran deal.

NK is gonna play every leverage card it has the whole way out now. Plus they obviously have what they feel is a legitimate nuclear deterrent at this point.
In the real world you get fired for policy that is not the company. Rex Tillerson is a serious leader deserving credit for being top shelf management who fits in any industry, he just did not fit inside the government expressing President Donald J. Trumps policy and objectives well. Two distinctly different titans in approach, the mistake to not yield to the BBM. I can't say bad of someone who once was the BBM for that many years.
Old 05-17-2018, 02:41 PM   #22
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
In the real world you get fired for policy that is not the company. Rex Tillerson is a serious leader deserving credit for being top shelf management who fits in any industry, he just did not fit inside the government expressing President Donald J. Trumps policy and objectives well. Two distinctly different titans in approach, the mistake to not yield to the BBM. I can't say bad of someone who once was the BBM for that many years.
Who knows... he did call him an idiot.

NK should be interesting from here on out... everyone gonna have to suit up in their big boy pants.

Good chance for Team Trump to prove its mettle. One things they've done is built this thing up quite a bit. That will bite them if it falls through but I'd rather that be the case than begin negotiating before we begin negotiating.
Old 05-17-2018, 03:04 PM   #23
fast4522

Quote:
Who knows... he did call him an idiot.

NK should be interesting from here on out... everyone gonna have to suit up in their big boy pants.

Good chance for Team Trump to prove its mettle. One things they've done is built this thing up quite a bit. That will bite them if it falls through but I'd rather that be the case than begin negotiating before we begin negotiating.
Things are not what you want, I am not talking about NK. You have much to prove here that you don't have one thumb up your butt and the other in your mouth because of your hate for the President. Do yourself a real big favor and if by chance things work out in NK for EVERYONE, understand that your thought process is not the only way and just maybe it is time to be reserved enough for other positives to occur.
Old 05-17-2018, 03:12 PM   #24
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Things are not what you want, I am not talking about NK. You have much to prove here that you don't have one thumb up your butt and the other in your mouth because of your hate for the President. Do yourself a real big favor and if by chance things work out in NK for EVERYONE, understand that your thought process is not the only way and just maybe it is time to be reserved enough for other positives to occur.
Very sage advice.

I lived in Indonesia when I was 28, and thought I had everything figured out. I was a young buck full of himself and going places within the company and in life. I was in an expat bar one night in Surabaya and was drinking/eating with about 6-7 other nationalities. We were talking geopolitics of the day, and on issues that I thought I was completely locked down correct with, one of the other expats would come back with a point of view or solution or methodology that I had never thought about. Cultural differences can and do bring about varied positive solutions to the same problems. That night in Surabaya was over 25 years ago, but I learned valuables lessons that night which have helped me many, many times over the course of my life, and that is don't assume you have all the answers, even when you KNOW you do. The moment you have all the answers is when you're truly lost.

Last edited by tucker6; 05-17-2018 at 03:15 PM.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2018, 03:28 PM   #25
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Very sage advice.

I lived in Indonesia when I was 28, and thought I had everything figured out. I was a young buck full of himself and going places within the company and in life. I was in an expat bar one night in Surabaya and was drinking/eating with about 6-7 other nationalities. We were talking geopolitics of the day, and on issues that I thought I was completely locked down correct with, one of the other expats would come back with a point of view or solution or methodology that I had never thought about. Cultural differences can and do bring about varied positive solutions to the same problems. That night in Surabaya was over 25 years ago, but I learned valuables lessons that night which have helped me many, many times over the course of my life, and that is don't assume you have all the answers, even when you KNOW you do. The moment you have all the answers is when you're truly lost.
You've now called fast a sage...

I wasn't even arguing with him. He just can't help himself at this point.

But we can keep taking fiscal advice from the guy who coats his toilets in gold.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 05-17-2018 at 03:29 PM.
Old 05-17-2018, 03:38 PM   #26
tucker6

Quote:
You've now called fast a sage...

I wasn't even arguing with him. He just can't help himself at this point.

But we can keep taking fiscal advice from the guy who coats his toilets in gold.
A person can provide sage advice without being a sage. I can grow sage without being called a sage farmer.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2018, 06:36 AM   #27
FakeNameChanged

Quote:

From my limited experience with negotiations, I originally thought that the rosy pronouncements about North Korea wanting peace, scrapping their nukes, etc. was WAY too easy. Everyone assumes that Kim is a simpleton, but he surely has some very smart people advising him. He's his own Good Kop/Bad Kop. It will be interesting going forward to see where this goes, if anywhere. I think this was a masterful play if he wants concessions.
Old 05-20-2018, 01:38 PM   #28
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits View Post
Box, yes, you have said these things all along. You sure have.

This address was truly outstanding. I have cared about this man and his qualities since reading the book, Private Empire....the story of Exxon Mobil.

When CBS' Margaret Brennan interviewed him for 60 Minutes and snickered when he spoke of his being an Eagle Scout and his lifetime involvement with scouting...she showed how outclassed she was. ... Rex didn't flinch. She was so far over her head.

And, yes, I get it....I've been tested and humbled enough that I don't know where I'd be without it.
I suspect you truly do. You probably also realize that due to all the corruption in government, our constitutional Republic is in deadly peril. The moral decay in this nation will be our undoing. We simply cannot continue to entertain two standards of justice and hope to survive.
Old 05-20-2018, 02:13 PM   #29
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Truly amazing that the Dems thought he was a horrible Secretary of State, and then admonished his firing.

Now he speaks 'supposedly' to them and they embrace him.

Did you Lefties ever entertain the thought of that one simple statement over 22 minutes that he was talking about Dems?

Of course not.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2018, 09:19 PM   #30
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Wasn't he the guy that openly pressed for talks with NK...

You know the same things folks in here want to give Trump the Nobel prize for...?

What flavor is the kool aid around here?
You don't think Trump deserves the Nobel Peace Prize?

Months ago North Korea threatened to nuke Guam and San Francisco for crissakes and now Fat Boy meets with the South Korean president on the DMZ border and then agrees to a meeting with Trump ... and you think that's not an achievement of Trump's??

About Tillerson ... he got fired NOT because he wanted to open talks with North Korea.

Tillerson decided to be pawn and a puppet of the anti-America traitors in our CIA and NSA -- James Clapper and William Brennan to name just two.

These guys led the 'intelligence' community for decades and the USA has become a diplomatic joke and a paper tiger under their tenure.

Tillerson also publicly called Trump a moron, as you often remind us. You and a few others on here may think that's cute but it is a sign of stupidity and a lack of class. I am a big fan of Tillerson and his life history and record of achievement but he had to go. Plus, Mike Pompeo is the better choice in every job he's considered for.

The kool aid that you drink is piss poor in both taste, quality and common sense.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: