Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-17-2024, 11:16 AM   #1
iwearpurple

Another Benefit of Allowing Illegal Immigrants In

I just paid my Auto Insurance. The Premium increase was 21%.

That is most certainly because I and every other legal driver has to pay for claims caused by illegal, unlicensed, and uninsured illegal immigrants. I have every available discount and have never in my 50+ years of driving had a claim, nor has my wife. And this will continue every single year.

I live in Minnesota where my governor??? (who I certainly did not vote for) welcomes them with open arms.
iwearpurple is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2024, 01:39 PM   #2
Inner Dirt

I spent the first 50 years of my life living in SoCal, you are preaching to the choir. Until I switched to Geico a year ago, I was either an Allstate or State Farm customer. Are you aware if a hit and run driver is not caught, your uninsured motorist will not cover the damage? That happened to me 30 years ago on my way to work driving on the 405 freeway through Irvine Ca.
Dangerous stop and go traffic common to that area, the kind where you go 0-60, then 60-0 over and over. I always watch my mirrors and I was dead stopped with nowhere to go, I could see the guy behind me going to fast to stop.

The guy plowed into me, but after totaling his piece of shit $300 car took off running. Lucky for him I was still recovering from a broken ankle, if I was healthy I would have chased him down and gave him a nice ass whipping.
My truck was barely driveable, he turned it into a short bed and bent the frame. If it was not just a couple years old it would have been a total, turning around and driving just 15 miles home it damn near chewed the back tires off. I was always looking in the mirror waiting to pull over if a tire caught fire.

The CHP said they don't have the resources to chase down hit and run illegals. Most in that area just kept buying junkers and never register them in their names nor had driver's licenses. I found out a hit and run driver if unknown falls under your collision coverage and since I do not cause wrecks I always carried a high deductible. That wreck cost me $1,000.

Illegals cost everyone money in many, many ways, don't let any dumb ass Democrat convince you otherwise. They improve their standard of living at the expense of ours. So laughable how liberals using their funny math say they stimulate our economy. I am sure that asshole that hit me if he was here by himself sent half his pay back to Mexico.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2024, 02:00 PM   #3
OntheRail

Yep the illegal aliens impact everything... and are a contributing factor in higher food cost over the last 40 months. 12 to 20 million more people cuts into the supply chain driving prices higher... goes to renting as well. Specially when Joe Briben's Administration offers to pay the bills... which in reality is us getting shafted one more time.

Getting tired of being treated as a second class occupants of this Country as the Liberal leftist elevate non US citizen with an E ticket with free food and beverages... I think most people feel the same way.
Old 04-17-2024, 02:12 PM   #4
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

With all the illegal border rats already here, there is no excuse to allow ANY immigration again in our lifetime.
Old 04-17-2024, 02:33 PM   #5
MTO Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
With all the illegal border rats already here, there is no excuse to allow ANY immigration again in our lifetime.
19% of the US workforce is made up of foreign-born people. And there is still a huge labor shortage across the country.

https://www.uschamber.com/workforce/...labor-shortage
MTO Joe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2024, 02:45 PM   #6
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

We have over 10 million ilegals under Biden.

You saying we need MORE people?

Cut off welfare and handouts and watch what happens, you idiot.

There is a big difference between unemployed and refusing to work.

Good ole MoFoJoe, continuing proving what a moron he is.
Old 04-17-2024, 02:58 PM   #7
MTO Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
We have over 10 million ilegals under Biden.
We've had over 10M since 2004.

MTO Joe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2024, 03:11 PM   #8
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Stupid Joe strikes again.

The 10 million under Biden staterted in 2021, when he took office.
The graph you posted is not corret.
Those number of illegals every year is totally bogus.
Your nephew make for you?

That shows total illegal by year, not new illegals.

Dipshit.

Last edited by Tom; 04-17-2024 at 03:14 PM.
Tom is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2024, 03:13 PM   #9
jimmyb

Emergency rooms are swamped with illegals seeking attention here. Handouts for rent, food, clothing, transportation, food. And cold hard cash. Governor says we have a shortfall of 375 million in state income taxes last year. Governor estimates billions of dollars needed to provide services to the illegal newcomers in the next two years.

we already had a homeless problem, encampments... Our own homeless citizens are not getting the services these illegals get.

Cities are raising taxes related to the costs of illegals
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2024, 03:18 PM   #10
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Reality check for Stupid Joe.

https://www.statista.com/chart/20397...mexico-border/

Last edited by Tom; 04-17-2024 at 03:20 PM.
Tom is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2024, 03:24 PM   #11
TJDave

21%?

Dude, you need to shop around.
Old 04-17-2024, 03:43 PM   #12
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTO Joe View Post
19% of the US workforce is made up of foreign-born people. And there is still a huge labor shortage across the country.

https://www.uschamber.com/workforce/...labor-shortage

Got a link to some useful data? First that is a federal government site which aren't trustworthy no matter who is in charge and I have found under this administration they are more suspect than any I have seen in the internet era. Showing labor shortages would lend an excuse for allowing people flooding across border.

Going to that linked site just has a bunch of data that is not very specific. On a quick scan I see no lists of unfilled jobs by sector. I also clicked on my state of Virginia the site claims has a severe labor shortage. I strangely do not see a bunch of help wanted signs about other than the local country store that has always had high turnover in the dozen years I have lived here.

I go there a lot and I have seen people last as short as just one shift. Our state minimum wage is $12 an hour and a lot of places only pay that or a little more.

If there are labor shortages it is the fault of how our society as a whole has evolved. Technology has it's pit falls. You can use it as a tool or as a distraction. I started working full time summer jobs when I was 12 and 13.
Only worked part of the summer at 14-16 because of football practice. Fast forward to the 90's and I knew kids that had no chores and did not work an hour of their lives till they were 18. Go forward another 20 years and I knew kids that got their first job at 21.

Kids these days are addicted to video games, cell phones and are maturing a lot slower, that is a huge fact the left loves to deny.
Old 04-17-2024, 03:50 PM   #13
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
21%?

Mine went up more than that, over 70% in two years, I shopped around but it did not save much when I switched to Geico. It got the spike down to about 50%. No tickets in over 30 years and one caused accident 20 years ago and that was an employee driving the company truck. Car replacement cost is way up for used vehicles and that is what they base a payout on for a total.
Old 04-17-2024, 04:40 PM   #14
iwearpurple

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
21%?

I didn't say it was expensive. In fact because of my driving record, it it very cheap. I just said it went up 21%.

How much did yours (or will yours) go up this year?
iwearpurple is offline   Reply With Quote Reply