Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Old 07-30-2014, 07:42 PM   #1
BettinBilly
Educated Speculation

Radio Shack Receives De-listing Notice from NYSE

We knew this was inevitable.

http://247wallst.com/retail/2014/07/...ted-from-nyse/

The Shack received a notice from NYSE that they were in danger of de-listing from the New York Stock Exchange.

My speculation is they stay a penny stock, and get de-listed in another 30 days or less.

So sad to see Charles Tandy's once great company in the proverbial "crapper" now. That whirring sound you all hear is him spinning in his grave.

It will be interesting to see if they survive at all beyond next Christmas Season.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:36 PM   #2
JustRalph
Just another Facist

I agree. Loved the place as a teenager. Still bought a few things up until last year.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:43 AM   #3
Big Bill

I bought my first hand held computer at Radio Shack, a Tandy PC-3.

Big Bill
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2014, 11:42 AM   #4
BettinBilly
Educated Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bill
I bought my first hand held computer at Radio Shack, a Tandy PC-3.

Big Bill
Holy micro processors, Batman, I had forgotten about the PC-3. I "think" that's the one I had. If it is the one that had tiny little ballpoint pens that printed in four colors on a revolving turret, then yes, I had that one and the printer, all in a nice little carry pouch.

At the time, I was an active Pilot, and I programmed it to do Flight Plans. The cash register style tape that spit out would have my entire flight plan and Magnetic compass headings all nicely printed for me, along with frequencies for Center, Tower, Approach, etc. The tape would clip to my Yolk in the Cockpit. It was slick for the time. Sure beat doing everything on the E6B manual computer.

Wow. Thanks for the memories.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:02 PM   #5
tanner12oz

I'm not even sure if radio shack knows what they sell...when was the last time you heard someone say they needed to go to radio shack? Place needs to get shoveled over cuz the business model is beyond dead
tanner12oz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2014, 08:32 PM   #6
BettinBilly
Educated Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
I agree. Loved the place as a teenager. Still bought a few things up until last year.
Me too, Ralph. I was into Amateur Radio, general Electronics, and STEREO HiFi. Who wasn't into Stereo back then? I went to the Shack weekly to buy "stuff" even if it was solder or a breadboard.

Today, I don't think you can find 99 percent of any parts they used to carry.

Tanner is right. They have no clarity of what they are, other than a "cell phone shop" and those are a freakin dime a dozen. Their business plan is beyond failed. I don't think they can survive. Just wish I had sold the stock short as it was tanking.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:31 AM   #7
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettinBilly
Me too, Ralph. I was into Amateur Radio, general Electronics, and STEREO HiFi. Who wasn't into Stereo back then? I went to the Shack weekly to buy "stuff" even if it was solder or a breadboard.

Today, I don't think you can find 99 percent of any parts they used to carry.

Tanner is right. They have no clarity of what they are, other than a "cell phone shop" and those are a freakin dime a dozen. Their business plan is beyond failed. I don't think they can survive. Just wish I had sold the stock short as it was tanking.
I was in Fort Worth today for a business meeting. Never been there before. Due to a road construction detour I found myself sitting at a red light in front of the world headquarters for Radio Shack. I immediately thought of this thread.

The weird part was there were two cops at the front door controlling entry......at least it looked that way.

Shame
Old 08-10-2014, 08:05 PM   #8
BettinBilly
Educated Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
I was in Fort Worth today for a business meeting. Never been there before. Due to a road construction detour I found myself sitting at a red light in front of the world headquarters for Radio Shack. I immediately thought of this thread.

The weird part was there were two cops at the front door controlling entry......at least it looked that way.

Shame
Yes. Damn shame for some of us. The stock is trading now around 63 cents a share. Good grief. Those people that owned thousands of shares during the employee stock purchase program with hopes of retiring on it are most certainly disappointed. It was trading around 60 bucks a share 15 years ago. Ouch.

There is no way the NYSE is not going to de-list them. They are now officially a penny stock as far as I can see.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:59 PM   #9
Dave Schwartz

On Thursday I went into Radio Shack looking for a 5v power adapter. The guy said the adapter was $30. I literally laughed out loud. Went home and purchased a slightly nicer one on Amazon for under $6.

I wonder why they are struggling.
Dave Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-10-2014, 10:46 PM   #10
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz
On Thursday I went into Radio Shack looking for a 5v power adapter. The guy said the adapter was $30. I literally laughed out loud. Went home and purchased a slightly nicer one on Amazon for under $6.

Amazon is even undercutting themselves. I wanted a cover for my kindle...and Amazon was selling a nice one for $14.99. And then I noticed right on the same page that one of their independent affiliates was selling the exact same cover for $2.99...and I even got free shipping by buying two of them.

Crazy...
Old 08-12-2014, 01:02 PM   #11
BettinBilly
Educated Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
Amazon is even undercutting themselves. I wanted a cover for my kindle...and Amazon was selling a nice one for $14.99. And then I noticed right on the same page that one of their independent affiliates was selling the exact same cover for $2.99...and I even got free shipping by buying two of them.

Crazy...
Isn't it amazing? I paid about the same for my Kindle Paperwhite cover, and it's great. Even turns the Kindle off and on when you close or open the cover. And I bought my Paperwhite on the free time payment plan of 5 months with no interest, just because. I know it's not a big deal putting down $119 for a new Kindle, but if they are offering you free financing, why not take it?

As a Financial Analyst friend of mine said recently, "Amazon and Google are going to rule the World."
Old 08-12-2014, 06:14 PM   #12
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Drove by Radio Shack HQ again today

No more cops at the door
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2014, 11:06 AM   #13
Sinner369

Don't know who...............???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz

Don't know who their CEO is but Radio Shack refuse to match prices and their costs for their products are always high and now their products are not unique...........hence they cannot exist in today's market.

Here in Canada they even tried a name change to (The Source) but prices are still too high.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: