Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-26-2014, 12:08 PM   #1
Investorater

My Top Triple Crown Contenders 2014

A) --> Bayern --> Best Plan Yet --> Cairo Prince --> California Chrome --> Casiguapo

B) --> Charge Now --> Coastline --> Conquest Titan --> Constitution --> Cool Samurai

C) --> Financial Mogul --> Icy Ride --> King Cyrus --> Long On Value --> Medal Count --> Midnight Hawk

D) --> Misconnect --> Mr. Speaker --> Rankhasprivileges --> Rise Up --> Shared Belief --> Station House

E) --> Strong Mandate --> Tapiture --> Twang --> Vegas Strip --> Wicked Strong
Investorater is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2014, 08:45 PM   #2
andtheyreoff

No Honor Code, I see. Enjoy your money while you have it, then.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:44 PM   #3
precocity
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtheyreoff
No Honor Code, I see. Enjoy your money while you have it, then.
oh so he wins the derby? save your money homie!
precocity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-29-2014, 12:12 AM   #4
Investorater

I clicked with a few longshots during this past year so some might want to pay attention, it just may be the same will happen this year.

If not, as the saying goes: " I'd rather pick my own losers than somebody elses winners. "

May some of these horses earn many KD points because hopefully the one that does earn the most will become my selection. ***
Old 01-29-2014, 02:48 PM   #5
Robert Fischer
clean money

It's still very early and cloudy.
I know I've left off a bunch of horses

here is who i like:

1. Bayern - Most impressive to me so far. Apparently has recent illness, worked 10 days ago, his next work and race will be paramount.
2. Top Billing - Visually impressive. Want to see him sit more mid-pack with distance increases.
3. Cairo Prince - Probably the best, most accomplished at this time, will have to stay in top form and continue to stretch out.
4. Intense Holiday - "Some of the horses that fail here(Holy Bull stakes), will come back to redeem themselves." aka Intense Holiday.
5. Commissioner - It's possible his fundamentally strong style will look better and better with added distance.
6. Honor Code - I'm not very high on this horse, but he has earned inclusion on the list thus far.
7. Shared Belief - He probably will not make it to the derby, but his violent sprinting(down the stretch!) style and brilliance earn him a spot for now.

honorable mention: Havana, Conquest Titan, Brother Stephen, Ichiban Warrior, Noble Moon, Midnight Hawk, Tap It Rich.

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 01-29-2014 at 02:49 PM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-05-2014, 07:24 PM   #6
Smarty Cide
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer
It's still very early and cloudy.
I know I've left off a bunch of horses

here is who i like:

1. Bayern - Most impressive to me so far. Apparently has recent illness, worked 10 days ago, his next work and race will be paramount.
2. Top Billing - Visually impressive. Want to see him sit more mid-pack with distance increases.
3. Cairo Prince - Probably the best, most accomplished at this time, will have to stay in top form and continue to stretch out.
4. Intense Holiday - "Some of the horses that fail here(Holy Bull stakes), will come back to redeem themselves." aka Intense Holiday.
5. Commissioner - It's possible his fundamentally strong style will look better and better with added distance.
6. Honor Code - I'm not very high on this horse, but he has earned inclusion on the list thus far.
7. Shared Belief - He probably will not make it to the derby, but his violent sprinting(down the stretch!) style and brilliance earn him a spot for now.

honorable mention: Havana, Conquest Titan, Brother Stephen, Ichiban Warrior, Noble Moon, Midnight Hawk, Tap It Rich.

Bayern 75-1 futures on bovada

what u like about him?
Smarty Cide is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-05-2014, 07:28 PM   #7
Investorater

Hey Robert Fischer, I liked your write-up even though we picked some of the same horses ......

By all means ..... keep us up to date on the progress of your selections.

I'm almost 100% certain that PA .... and all of us horseplayers would be interested ...

Anyone else want to contribute to this thread? .......
Old 02-05-2014, 08:57 PM   #8
Thebigguy
Veteran

Bayern had some type of set back. He missed training time. Not a good sign.
Thebigguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-05-2014, 10:05 PM   #9
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty Cide
Bayern 75-1 futures on bovada

what u like about him?
I like Bayern. He's not the biggest horse in the world(at least he doesn't appear so), and he only has the one race, but he's fairly sound fundamentally, he's plenty talented, got a great trainer and a great jockey. I thought Stevens really took a liking to the horse as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebigguy
Bayern had some type of set back. He missed training time. Not a good sign.
There was word going around as of 1/23 (per thedowneyprofile.com and others) that he had an illness or something. However he had just had a good work on 1/19, and has since come back to work the 2nd fastest of 66 on Feb 1st.
[so since his last race hes worked in 9days/6days/9days]

Really, that position(or somewhere in the top-10) could probably go to Bayern/Indianapolis.

I'd have to guess that Indianapolis could be a a little higher on the depth chart at this point(and lower odds for a futures stab), and although Indianapolis wasn't super smooth at the top of the stretch in the San Pedro, his gallop out was surprisingly impressive. (Bayern's gallop out in a 7f maiden was harder to read with Stevens relaxing him after the finish having given everything asked).

Baffert also has Midnight Hawk, but there were some issues with the fundamentals in the stretch that I wasn't thrilled about Midnight Hawk.

I like one of the little guys for Baffert (Bayern or Indianapolis) to stretch out successfully and make some noise. Maybe both.

It's still early. Plenty of time to be wrong on all 3 of these horses.

http://www.brisnet.com/brisnet_promos/14KDFW2PPs.pdf

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 02-05-2014 at 10:14 PM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-05-2014, 11:04 PM   #10
letswastemoney

If it rains, I'll just go with Commissioner and Honor Code. A.P. Indys love slop.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-05-2014, 11:19 PM   #11
Some_One

How can this thread with many posts and horses mentioned and not one for Sarmraat?
Some_One is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-05-2014, 11:23 PM   #12
Investorater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_One
How can this thread with many posts and horses mentioned and not one for Sarmraat?
I like how you favor only one horse.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:40 AM   #13
Robert Fischer
clean money

a few interesting longshots among Turf Horses from the bris PPs
http://www.brisnet.com/brisnet_promos/14KDFW2PPs.pdf

1 (fairly obvious) -
Bobby's Kitten - He may have been best in the BCJuvTrf running on the early pace like he did, I have no idea if he will be run in a dirt prep or even a synth prep.

2 (slightly less obvious) -
Gala Award - 1.5M Bernardini x Carson City Mare - fast dirt works, 1/20 broke maiden @ even money 8.5turf.

Edison - Bernardini x Exploit Mare - predominantly turf works, 1/26 broke maiden @ 8-1 while displaying a dirt-like style going 9F turf.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:00 PM   #14
Investorater

Any current opinions on the Kentucky Derby points system?
Old 02-06-2014, 10:42 PM   #15
BlinkersOn

Strong Mandate is at the very top of my list. He will be my pick, unless something changes between now and Derby time.
BlinkersOn is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: