Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-03-2023, 10:42 AM   #181
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
Ok then get rid of the high capacity magazines regardless of the type of gun
Only after you get rid of all the other stuff available for sale that kills way more people than guns do.

Let's start with cigarettes.

I'll be waiting.
Old 04-03-2023, 10:46 AM   #182
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

And just for the record...

45,000 people died from gun-related injuries in the USA in 2020

CDC says 480,000 people die annually in USA from cigarette-related injuries

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 04-03-2023 at 11:16 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2023, 11:22 AM   #183
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Only after you get rid of all the other stuff available for sale that kills way more people than guns do.

Let's start with cigarettes.

I'll be waiting.
Hey I agree with you. I'd ban booze and cigarettes but just like the gun issue the public won't accept it. 95,000 a year die from booze, not to mention all the illness it causes
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2023, 11:45 AM   #184
myohmyjustify

Quote:
Hey I agree with you. I'd ban booze and cigarettes but just like the gun issue the public won't accept it. 95,000 a year die from booze, not to mention all the illness it causes
Please don't!! My retirement accounts are chock full of companies like Altria, British Tobacco, Philip Morris, Diageo and AmBev.

I refer to them as my Sin Bin portfolio.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2023, 12:30 PM   #185
boxcar

Quote:
Isn't cigarette smoking a medical issue? Then why doesn't the CDC just mandate a ban on the sales of all cancer sticks? Do you think they don't because they give two flips about public outcry? Or...is it more likely that the feds don't want to lose billions in tax money?
Old 04-03-2023, 12:32 PM   #186
Inner Dirt

Quote:

I don't think the government would accept it either, booze and cigarettes generate a lot of tax revenue. In some places the cost of a pack of smokes is 50% tax.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2023, 12:35 PM   #187
boxcar

Quote:
No the gun is a tool that criminals use. Most of these mass shooters aren't criminals until they commit this act. They are usually mentally ill.
Thanks for admitting that ultimately, it's not a gun issue. It's a people issue. I'll go out on a limb here and venture a wild 'n' crazy guess that this is why no gun has ever been indicted and put on trial for murder.

Now...since you have admitted that it's an issue that involves mentally ill people (and I'll add just plain ol' wicked people) then it stands to reason that it makes sense for the good people and the emotionally and mentally well adjusted people, as well, to be able to protect themselves from the mentally or morally deficient types.
Old 04-03-2023, 12:43 PM   #188
boxcar

While on the Subject of Guns...

This Soros-suck up Bragg nutbag in NYC is real piece of work. He doesn't think anyone has a right to protect themselves from harm.

NYC parking attendant, who was shot twice, charged with attempted murder after allegedly wrestling gun away from thief and shooting perp

https://www.theblaze.com/news/nyc-pa...r-self-defense

I wonder if they cut the murderous wanna-be thief loose, yet? That would definitely be something a liberal would do.
Old 04-03-2023, 12:51 PM   #189
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
This Soros-suck up Bragg nutbag in NYC is real piece of work. He doesn't think anyone has a right to protect themselves from harm.

NYC parking attendant, who was shot twice, charged with attempted murder after allegedly wrestling gun away from thief and shooting perp

https://www.theblaze.com/news/nyc-pa...r-self-defense

I wonder if they cut the murderous wanna-be thief loose, yet? That would definitely be something a liberal would do.

Alvin Bragg is a first class piece of shit. Can't the state governor remove him from office?
Old 04-03-2023, 01:37 PM   #190
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Alvin Bragg is a first class piece of shit. Can't the state governor remove him from office?
The Governor agrees with him
Old 04-03-2023, 08:07 PM   #191
chrisl

Quote:
Nobody must listen to you in Canada. So you come here to snivel whine and bitch.
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2023, 08:11 PM   #192
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
The Governor agrees with him

This is the second time recently Bragg was charged an older citizen for murder and attempted murder for defending themselves from an attacker. Both individuals stopped once the threat was neutralized just like cops should do. How anyone could stand behind Bragg is sickening.
Old 04-04-2023, 08:36 AM   #193
azeri98

Quote:
Isn't cigarette smoking a medical issue? Then why doesn't the CDC just mandate a ban on the sales of all cancer sticks? Do you think they don't because they give two flips about public outcry? Or...is it more likely that the feds don't want to lose billions in tax money?
Well guns and ammo have a 10% tax on them as well. That's a lot of money too
Old 04-04-2023, 08:38 AM   #194
azeri98

Quote:
Thanks for admitting that ultimately, it's not a gun issue. It's a people issue. I'll go out on a limb here and venture a wild 'n' crazy guess that this is why no gun has ever been indicted and put on trial for murder.

Now...since you have admitted that it's an issue that involves mentally ill people (and I'll add just plain ol' wicked people) then it stands to reason that it makes sense for the good people and the emotionally and mentally well adjusted people, as well, to be able to protect themselves from the mentally or morally deficient types.
It's both. Guns and people, without the guns. I doubt these people mentally ill or evil whatever you want to call it would be able to get the body count they do with guns
Old 04-04-2023, 08:41 AM   #195
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl View Post
Nobody must listen to you in Canada. So you come here to snivel whine and bitch.
No I come here to read about horse racing. This is just the off topic. If I have an opinion on something I will voice it. You can call it what you want but at least I have something you don't. Common sense