Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 06-16-2022, 08:05 PM   #1
Michael

Friday @ Royal Ascot

Coronation Stakes - G1 - 06/17/22

My Value line - Contenders:
Cachet - 8/1, certainly don't expect Cachet will be anywhere near this.
Inspiral - 5/1, I have no issue playing against this m/l favorite coming off the layoff. Obv, I noticed this horse's record.
Mangoustine - 6/1, Presser that sat off and just beat Cachet (9/2) I would take this horse all day at 6/1 and is 8/1 on the morning line.
Spendarella - 6/1, The morning line is 10/1 and with Buick taking the mount I expect this horse has a shot.

Longshot: Tenebrism - I'm not playing exotics. Nevertheless, if I did? I likely would include Tenebrism. Her last outting I think is likely better than the 8th by 6 placing looks. She rallied and kind of lugged in but may just improve 2nd out.

Anyone that wants to critique my value line is highly welcome to poke holes. Actually, it's appreciated if you do... Also, please post your opinion if you have one on this race or any other Ascot races. I'm more or less just watching Ascot for pure enjoyment as I don't know much about European racing. Am I completely wrong to argue that Inspiral is vulnerable?
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-16-2022, 08:33 PM   #2
lamboguy

in the last race today, i had a $1 exacta 22/6. 99-1 shot beat me out for 2nd money.

i want to go to this thing next year.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-16-2022, 09:58 PM   #3
btexpress

Thanks for posting

I like time slot. Decent card and money in AM.

New to horse racing it’s tough not to lose your ass.

I’m learning as I go
btexpress is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-17-2022, 11:17 AM   #4
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
i want to go to this thing next year.
Yeah I'm with you on that one... I'd love to fly out right after the Belmont and spend the week. That said, my next trip for racing HAS to be Kentucky Downs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by btexpress View Post
New to horse racing it’s tough not to lose your ass. I’m learning as I go
The ONE thing I recommend you do is track all of your bets. Just buy a notebook and have 4 columns. (Beginning Balance / Money Bet / Money Collected / Ending Balance)

Make sure you write down all of the bets you make, and which tracks you're bet at. You'll start noticing patterns in your ledger... like I i can't win at the fairgrounds. So I don't bet serious money when there's big stakes races there. I recommend doing this using a pencil and paper too.

Race is going off.. I bet
Mangoustine @ 7/1
Old 06-17-2022, 11:31 AM   #5
Michael

Daughter of Frankel doing daughter of Frankel things. Yep, I was wrong to bet against this one here. Grahams horse ran well