Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-19-2022, 08:14 AM   #1
JustRalph
Just another Facist
 
JustRalph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Now in Houston
Posts: 50,271
Hoplophobia not invoked in mass murder

https://bearingarms.com/tomknighton/...ignored-n64488


Learned a new word……..mass murder ignored
__________________
WE ARE THE DUMBEST COUNTRY ON THE PLANET
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2022, 09:55 AM   #2
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 45,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
https://bearingarms.com/tomknighton/...ignored-n64488


Learned a new word……..mass murder ignored
Mass murder with knives took place in England not too long ago. This might be the new thing. I think the dimwits should get out in front of this and call for knife control laws.

We could start off with having all knife owners go through the the most rigourous of criminal background checks.
__________________
Consistent profits can only be made on the basis of analysis that is far from obvious to the majority. - anonymous guru
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2022, 11:54 AM   #3
Inner Dirt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 7,270
As for the UVA murders one must note the killer, Christopher Jones, was known to school officials, and police, as usual. He also had 3 recent crimes he was convicted of but received suspended sentences.


University officials discovered that Mr. Jones previously had been tried and convicted of a misdemeanor concealed weapons violation in 2021, for which he received a 12-month suspended sentence and a small fine.”


Aren't suspended sentences contingent on a person not getting into any more trouble? If so how come he kept getting them? I believe the weapons violation was the last one, one of the others was reckless driving, I can't remember the 3rd.


Do note once again we have a gun law violation with no time served, why even have gun laws if they aren't enforced?



Also what happened to the good old fashioned fist fight? These were 3 college football players, and an ex teammate, been there done that.
Between that and High School I must have witnessed a dozen fights,
a couple in practice, a few before and after, and one football vs basketball player fight. No one used a weapon of any kind.

None of the fights were over hazing, bullying, or picking on someone, like people get shot for today. It was someone claiming a roommate stole something of theirs, guys fighting over playing time, or the affection of a cheerleader.


Those were the good ole days.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2022, 12:08 PM   #4
TJDave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Learned a new word……..mass murder ignored
According to the internet hoplophobia is the “Irrational, morbid fear of guns.”

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...rm=hoplophobia
__________________
“I don’t hate Donald Trump. I hate you for voting for him, for not having intelligence.”

Howard Stern
TJDave is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2022, 12:50 PM   #5
thaskalos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 27,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
According to the internet hoplophobia is the “Irrational, morbid fear of guns.”

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...rm=hoplophobia
Correct. It's a Greek work comprised of the words "hoplo" (weapon), and "phobia" (excessive fear).

Last edited by thaskalos; 11-19-2022 at 12:52 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2022, 12:56 PM   #6
Inner Dirt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 7,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
According to the internet hoplophobia is the “Irrational, morbid fear of guns.”

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...rm=hoplophobia

I cannot keep up with all the phobias and genders they have today.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2022, 01:09 PM   #7
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 45,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
As for the UVA murders one must note the killer, Christopher Jones, was known to school officials, and police, as usual. He also had 3 recent crimes he was convicted of but received suspended sentences.


University officials discovered that Mr. Jones previously had been tried and convicted of a misdemeanor concealed weapons violation in 2021, for which he received a 12-month suspended sentence and a small fine.”


Aren't suspended sentences contingent on a person not getting into any more trouble? If so how come he kept getting them? I believe the weapons violation was the last one, one of the others was reckless driving, I can't remember the 3rd.


Do note once again we have a gun law violation with no time served, why even have gun laws if they aren't enforced?



Also what happened to the good old fashioned fist fight? These were 3 college football players, and an ex teammate, been there done that.
Between that and High School I must have witnessed a dozen fights,
a couple in practice, a few before and after, and one football vs basketball player fight. No one used a weapon of any kind.

None of the fights were over hazing, bullying, or picking on someone, like people get shot for today. It was someone claiming a roommate stole something of theirs, guys fighting over playing time, or the affection of a cheerleader.


Those were the good ole days.
The better question is: Why have MORE gun laws when liberal lite-on-crime jurisdictions don't want to enforce the existing ones?
__________________
Consistent profits can only be made on the basis of analysis that is far from obvious to the majority. - anonymous guru
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2022, 01:30 PM   #8
Inner Dirt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 7,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
The better question is: Why have MORE gun laws when liberal lite-on-crime jurisdictions don't want to enforce the existing ones?

From a Cornell law website:


suspended sentence


In criminal law, a suspended sentence is an alternative to imprisonment where a judge may partially or entirely suspend the convicted individual's prison or jail sentence so long as they fulfill certain conditions. If the conditions are violated, then the state may petition to revoke the suspended sentence and reimpose the original term of the sentence by proving, in an evidentiary hearing and by a preponderance of evidence standard, that the defendant indeed violated the condition(s).


As I thought, and usually the conditions are staying clean, which this guy did not. I found the perp had 2 suspended sentences when he got the gun violation in 2021. Theoretically the judge could have nailed him for up to 3 years, by violating him on the suspended sentences, and giving him a year for the gun violation. If that was done his ass would have been in jail instead of

killing 3 young men with promising futures.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2022, 02:10 PM   #9
Dave Schwartz
 
Dave Schwartz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 16,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
The better question is: Why have MORE gun laws when liberal lite-on-crime jurisdictions don't want to enforce the existing ones?
Because it's important to have gun laws that law-abiding citizens will obey.

Not so important to enforce the law on those who won't obey.

Whaddya think, Boxie?
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2022, 02:13 PM   #10
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 45,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
From a Cornell law website:


suspended sentence


In criminal law, a suspended sentence is an alternative to imprisonment where a judge may partially or entirely suspend the convicted individual's prison or jail sentence so long as they fulfill certain conditions. If the conditions are violated, then the state may petition to revoke the suspended sentence and reimpose the original term of the sentence by proving, in an evidentiary hearing and by a preponderance of evidence standard, that the defendant indeed violated the condition(s).


As I thought, and usually the conditions are staying clean, which this guy did not. I found the perp had 2 suspended sentences when he got the gun violation in 2021. Theoretically the judge could have nailed him for up to 3 years, by violating him on the suspended sentences, and giving him a year for the gun violation. If that was done his ass would have been in jail instead of

killing 3 young men with promising futures.
There was another real doozy earlier this week in lite-on-crime LA where some guy mowed down 25 police cadets with his car, critically wounding several of them. Investigation showed the driver made no attempt at slowing down. No skid marks or anything. He just plowed into them at about 40 mph. When he appeared in court for a bail hearing, he was set free on his own recognizance. Godless liberals have lost all sense of justice.
__________________
Consistent profits can only be made on the basis of analysis that is far from obvious to the majority. - anonymous guru
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2022, 02:34 PM   #11
Inner Dirt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 7,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
There was another real doozy earlier this week in lite-on-crime LA where some guy mowed down 25 police cadets with his car, critically wounding several of them. Investigation showed the driver made no attempt at slowing down. No skid marks or anything. He just plowed into them at about 40 mph. When he appeared in court for a bail hearing, he was set free on his own recognizance. Godless liberals have lost all sense of justice.

Wow, they let him go because they did not have enough evidence within 48 hours to bring charges. No skid marks, on the wrong side of the road and blew a zero. What more evidence do you need?
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2022, 06:40 PM   #12
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward
 
PaceAdvantage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Del Boca Vista
Posts: 81,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
https://bearingarms.com/tomknighton/...ignored-n64488


Learned a new word……..mass murder ignored
Good post Ralph.

It just goes to show once again, how corrupt our nation and media has become...but then again, we don't have to bribe cops, as another poster put it in another thread, so that means we're not corrupt.
__________________
@paceadvantage | Support the site and become a today!
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2022, 07:16 PM   #13
P.Rosa
Gambler
 
P.Rosa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Katy Texas
Posts: 311
How about attempted murder 25 times, and no bail.

"Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva says the crash that injured 25 law enforcement recruits in South Whittier Wednesday morning was not an accident.

“(Investigators) went through an exhaustive interview process with everyone involved, with the video surveillance statements from the recruits, the physical evidence they had, and what they got from the suspect himself. And they were able to form the opinion that this was a deliberate act,” Villanueva told NewsNation Thursday.

The driver, Nicholas Joseph Gutierrez, 22, was originally arrested for “attempted murder of a peace officer.” However, the sheriff’s department said he was released from custody Thursday due to insufficient grounds to file charges.

“Nicholas Joseph Gutierrez, 22, was released from police custody late Thursday — just hours after officials announced that he had been charged with attempted murder in connection with Wednesday’s devastating wrong-way wreck,” Fox News reported."

https://californiaglobe.com/articles...-without-bail/
__________________
$MONEY$
P.Rosa is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2022, 07:28 PM   #14
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 45,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
Because it's important to have gun laws that law-abiding citizens will obey.

Not so important to enforce the law on those who won't obey.

Whaddya think, Boxie?
In which case, then, I think they wouldn't enforce new laws either on "those who won't obey". And that brings us back to my question.
__________________
Consistent profits can only be made on the basis of analysis that is far from obvious to the majority. - anonymous guru
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2022, 08:28 AM   #15
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cajunland
Posts: 12,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
https://bearingarms.com/tomknighton/...ignored-n64488


Learned a new word……..mass murder ignored
The Idaho student murders are not being ignored by news sites.

That story you linked is nothing more than crazy gun rights bullshit.
__________________
Picking up, are you picking up now?
Positive Vibrations yeah.
-Robert Nesta Marley
PhantomOnTour is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2022 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.