Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2019, 09:26 PM   #10441
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
But I know God, who he is and what he has done for me.

Good luck with your study of religions. Maybe one day you'll earn a Piled High 'n' Dry parchment in the world's religions.
How come he has not prepared you properly to understand non-egotistically what science, mathematics, engineering, history and what great literature, are really all about?

Or perhaps hire you a tutor?

Maybe one day god will instruct me also with some divine insight so I too can write an 11 part pseudo-scientific thesis on the way the universe does not work.

Then we can compare notes on whether your god create things in the beginning or at the end? Maybe he will give me an ass backwards sundial so I will figure it out.

Meanwhile your biblical interpretations are no better than anyone else, or more valid than any non Christian scripture.

Last edited by hcap; 03-30-2019 at 09:28 PM.
Old 03-30-2019, 09:35 PM   #10442
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Just because you don't have the SS numbers or DNA samples of the eyewitnesses doesn't count.
If, for the sake of argument only, one assumes there were witnesses, the brains of said witnesses were "inferring" that certain signals from light sensitive cells in their eyes could be interpreted in a certain way. Ergo, no "direct observation" was involved.

By the way, aren't you on record as believing that the human brain is just a bowl of mush?
Old 03-31-2019, 08:34 AM   #10443
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
If, for the sake of argument only, one assumes there were witnesses, the brains of said witnesses were "inferring" that certain signals from light sensitive cells in their eyes could be interpreted in a certain way. Ergo, no "direct observation" was involved.
Make sure you pass this incredibly stupendous news on to all criminal defense attorneys all over the world. I'm sure they'll find it valuable.

Quote:
By the way, aren't you on record as believing that the human brain is just a bowl of mush?
Not all brains.. Just some of those who participate regularly on this thread.
Old 03-31-2019, 08:37 AM   #10444
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
How come he has not prepared you properly to understand non-egotistically what science, mathematics, engineering, history and what great literature, are really all about?
If man does not live by bread alone, but by every Word that proceeds from God's mouth, then how much less by the items above?
Old 03-31-2019, 09:24 AM   #10445
hcap

Quote:
If man does not live by bread alone, but by every Word that proceeds from God's mouth, then how much less by the items above?
Hate to tell you, it's not any words that prooceed from your mouth
Your ego your god.
Quote:
From now on I guess in any discussion of biblical interpretation, you can bypass your inconsistencies, and contradictory hypocrisies and blatant ignorance......whenever pressed, and on the losing end, and just declare "God tells me so". Why bother with all them pesky details.... Mr Expert on Everything ?

Rather than discussing what man "lives by", you should remember what egotists die by.....

18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.
...Proverbs 16:18

Last edited by hcap; 03-31-2019 at 09:26 AM.
Old 03-31-2019, 09:49 AM   #10446
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor
Not all brains.. Just some of those who participate regularly on this thread.
YOU DO KNOW YOU LIVE AND DIE BY THE RELIGIOUS THREADS.

You out post all of us put together

boxcar 3,583
Actor 1,881
hcap 1,387
Show Me the Wire 753
thaskalos 599
Light 349
dnlgfnk 327

r
Old 03-31-2019, 11:15 AM   #10447
hcap

Quote:
http://www.padfield.com/2005/total-depravity.html

Total Hereditary Depravity

As with the other four doctrines of Calvinism, the doctrine of Total Hereditary Depravity, also known as the doctrine of "original sin," is taught by a large number of denominations. The phrase, "Total Hereditary Depravity," implies three things which Calvinists believe about the nature of all humans at birth.

They are depraved. They are caught up in and guilty of sin.
They are wholly or totally depraved. Nothing about them is good.
The sinful condition, depravity, in which they are born is hereditary -- it comes to them from their parents.
Sure it does.

Old 03-31-2019, 11:20 AM   #10448
hcap

Quote:
They are depraved. They are caught up in and guilty of sin.
They are wholly or totally depraved. Nothing about them is good.
The sinful condition, depravity, in which they are born is hereditary -- it comes to them from their parents.
Sure it does.

You wanted me to comment on raising my son.
And your idiotic "Las of Universal Distrust"

Last post and this....

Old 03-31-2019, 01:13 PM   #10449
thaskalos

Quote:
Yes, Boxcar...you know what God has done for you. But WE have gotten to know you quite a bit here too, and, since you don't exactly appear "Godly" to us here...can you blame us for being ambivalent when it comes to your "reborn" transformation?

You may indeed be a "Good Christian". But when you get on your soapbox and try to play the role of "messenger of God"...your act needs a little work, IMO.
Old 03-31-2019, 01:28 PM   #10450
boxcar

Quote:
Hate to tell you, it's not any words that prooceed from your mouth
Your ego your god.
From now on I guess in any discussion of biblical interpretation, you can bypass your inconsistencies, and contradictory hypocrisies and blatant ignorance......whenever pressed, and on the losing end, and just declare "God tells me so". Why bother with all them pesky details.... Mr Expert on Everything ?

Rather than discussing what man "lives by", you should remember what egotists die by.....

18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.
...Proverbs 16:18

Why do you hate to tell me, since I never said what you're implying?

And there are no inconsistencies in my interpretations. BUT...even if there were, perfect consistency doesn't prove a thing is true, according to Actor.
So...between the two of you bobbleheads, nothing can prove a thing to be true, I suppose?
Old 03-31-2019, 01:31 PM   #10451
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Yes, Boxcar...you know what God has done for you. But WE have gotten to know you quite a bit here too, and, since you don't exactly appear "Godly" to us here...can you blame us for being ambivalent when it comes to your "reborn" transformation?

You may indeed be a "Good Christian". But when you get on your soapbox and try to play the role of "messenger of God"...your act needs a little work, IMO.
Actually, my work is fine. Both Jesus and Paul were messengers of God, and their message wasn't received too well either. This proves that I'm singing out of the same hymnal as them, and that I'm right on point.
Old 03-31-2019, 01:39 PM   #10452
boxcar

Quote:
YOU DO KNOW YOU LIVE AND DIE BY THE RELIGIOUS THREADS.

You out post all of us put together

boxcar 3,583
Actor 1,881
hcap 1,387
Show Me the Wire 753
thaskalos 599
Light 349
dnlgfnk 327

r
Like I told Actor earlier, some of the regular contributors to this thread indeed have mush for brains. And the proof of this is that the post I'm quoting is, yet, another in dire need of a recount.

You really should quit while you're only this far behind.
Old 03-31-2019, 01:44 PM   #10453
boxcar

Quote:
The link you quoted grossly misrepresents the Calvinistic and biblical view of Total Depravity. As I have often stated numerous times, the doctrine is not that man is totally depraved qualitatively (i..e is as evil as can be), but that he's totally depraved quantitatively (i.e. in all faculties). Big difference. But one that will no doubt elude you as does the distinction between chronological and logical orders have.
Old 03-31-2019, 01:52 PM   #10454
thaskalos

Quote:
Actually, my work is fine. Both Jesus and Paul were messengers of God, and their message wasn't received too well either. This proves that I'm singing out of the same hymnal as them, and that I'm right on point.
"Jesus, Paul...and Boxcar". Your modesty is admirable.
Old 03-31-2019, 01:58 PM   #10455
hcap

Quote:
The link you quoted grossly misrepresents the Calvinistic and biblical view of Total Depravity. As I have often stated numerous times, the doctrine is not that man is totally depraved qualitatively (i..e is as evil as can be), but that he's totally depraved quantitatively (i.e. in all faculties). Big difference. But one that will no doubt elude you as does the distinction between chronological and logical orders have.
Looks like you based your contemptible "law of universal distrust" on the Calvinistic biblical view of Total Depravity. Of course being child less puts you at a disadvantage, except when you profes to tell loving parents how they should raise and treat their kids.

The two videos I posted should hopefully shut you up for a while.
Hopefully?

Last edited by hcap; 03-31-2019 at 02:00 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: