Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-26-2022, 02:32 PM   #1
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward
 
PaceAdvantage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Del Boca Vista
Posts: 80,988
Biden WH Intentionally Making Energy MORE EXPENSIVE


Quote:
it's unimaginable that anyone but our enemies would want to raise our energy prices to the point where our economy collapses and yet that is exactly what the Biden administration has decided to do and to do it, they're using twin instruments of climate policy and their war against Russia.

The effect? In a nation with the largest recoverable oil reserves on planet Earth, many Americans can no longer afford fossil fuels and once again, this is not an accident. It's not a natural cycle we're going through. Politicians and policymakers are doing it to us on purpose. Now that the midterm elections are over, the media can finally begin to cover the inevitable result of these policies. CNN, for example, just ran an article about Americans who are worried about freezing to death over the winter in America.

One 63-year-old woman in Philadelphia called Charmaine Johnson said that she is torn between heating her home and buying food and of course, she's choosing food because she has no choice. "It's miserable," she said. "It's like living in an igloo." Another man, a 67-year-old man called Tim Wiseley said he turns on his heat only when his teeth begin to chatter. "You can't go food shopping and get oil. It's one or the other," he said. "It's a horrible feeling. It's a feeling I wouldn't wish on anyone." It's a feeling that Americans have not had in generations.
__________________
@paceadvantage | Support the site and become a today!
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2022, 02:43 PM   #2
davew
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 20,017
Biden's group did recently approve an oil export facility ... you know so when they release oil from the strategic reserves it will be easier to add to the world supply.

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/11...go%20Republish
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2022, 02:47 PM   #3
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 45,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
Biden's group did recently approve an oil export facility ... you know so when they release oil from the strategic reserves it will be easier to add to the world supply.

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/11...go%20Republish
Yeah, and the enviro whackos are on his case for such utter hypocritical action.
__________________
Consistent profits can only be made on the basis of analysis that is far from obvious to the majority. - anonymous guru
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2022, 02:55 PM   #4
davew
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 20,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Yeah, and the enviro whackos are on his case for such utter hypocritical action.
I love it when they try blocking tankers with their plastic kayaks.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2022, 03:35 PM   #5
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward
 
PaceAdvantage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Del Boca Vista
Posts: 80,988
Victor Davis Hanson chimes in...

__________________
@paceadvantage | Support the site and become a today!
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2022, 03:37 PM   #6
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 45,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Victor Davis Hanson chimes in...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esFqbrwkcxc
Of course, Biden did. Highly unlikely he ever had an original thought in his life.
__________________
Consistent profits can only be made on the basis of analysis that is far from obvious to the majority. - anonymous guru
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2022, 03:43 PM   #7
Inner Dirt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 7,187
I am not sure it is all on purpose, Biden and his cast of idiots have no idea of the possible fallout from their policies. They are like the people that think criminals concern themselves with gun laws.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2022, 05:29 PM   #8
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 45,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I am not sure it is all on purpose, Biden and his cast of idiots have no idea of the possible fallout from their policies. They are like the people that think criminals concern themselves with gun laws.
Don't kid yourself. Leftists know exactly what they have to do to bring this nation to its knees, which is the only their only hope in reconstructing it in their ideological image. This is their modus operandi. Intentionally create the problem so that they can eventually get to play the hero in fixing it, thereby hopefully winning most of the public's support.

The enemy is already within our gates and has been for many decades.
__________________
Consistent profits can only be made on the basis of analysis that is far from obvious to the majority. - anonymous guru
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2022, 06:52 PM   #9
davew
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 20,017
they gave Chevron a license to go back into Venezuela to start pumping again ...


https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...b2143caffd97f6
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2022, 10:18 PM   #10
mostpost
Registered User
 
mostpost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: North Riverside, Il.
Posts: 14,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Oh No! The Village Idiot, again.
__________________
"When you come at the King, You'd best not miss." Omar Little
mostpost is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-27-2022, 02:20 AM   #11
Inner Dirt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 7,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
Oh No! The Village Idiot, again.



Are you looking in the mirror again? The local liberal talking point parrot has no business calling anyone an idiot.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-27-2022, 07:37 AM   #12
lamboguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Boston+Ocala
Posts: 23,140
2 months ago the social administration sent me a notice that i was getting a $130 a month raise in benefits. that sounds great even though i have to pay about $30 of that for income taxes that i already paid years ago. so that leaves me with a nice round $100 more than i was getting. this week i got notified by medicare that part b has gone up from $135 a month to now $170. so thats ok because i still have $65 left from my raise. but now i also got hit from Blue Cross Blue Shield that my supplemental plan has gone up from $240 per month to $280 per month which still leaves me ahead $25 a month that i can put forward for the increase in gasoline, heat, food and other insurance premium raises that i am forced to carry like car and home insurance. my car insurance went up $180 for the year and home insurance went up $2000 for the year.

i still have to count my lucky stars because i got a break on the other side of things that overcomes all this inflation. i got the CAW out of the win pools in New York and Kentucky is now giving me penny breakage!
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-27-2022, 12:40 PM   #13
Inner Dirt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 7,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
2 months ago the social administration sent me a notice that i was getting a $130 a month raise in benefits. that sounds great even though i have to pay about $30 of that for income taxes that i already paid years ago. so that leaves me with a nice round $100 more than i was getting. this week i got notified by medicare that part b has gone up from $135 a month to now $170. so thats ok because i still have $65 left from my raise. but now i also got hit from Blue Cross Blue Shield that my supplemental plan has gone up from $240 per month to $280 per month which still leaves me ahead $25 a month that i can put forward for the increase in gasoline, heat, food and other insurance premium raises that i am forced to carry like car and home insurance. my car insurance went up $180 for the year and home insurance went up $2000 for the year.

i still have to count my lucky stars because i got a break on the other side of things that overcomes all this inflation. i got the CAW out of the win pools in New York and Kentucky is now giving me penny breakage!

The White House would probably say they insurance companies are evil and price gouging. I got hit with the exact same car insurance increase, went from $300 to $390 every 6 months. That makes sense as it matches the increase in the cost of used cars. As for the house, the cost of materials for home repair and construction have gone sky high.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-27-2022, 02:41 PM   #14
Tom
The Voice of Reason!
 
Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Canandaigua, New york
Posts: 109,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
Oh No! The Village Idiot, again.
Thank you for announcing your presence in a thread.
Good idea!
__________________
Who does the Racing Form Detective like in this one?
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2022 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.