Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-23-2022, 10:12 AM   #1
46zilzal
velocitician
 
46zilzal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 25,458
Alone at the top

The US of A stands alone at the top of the heap via gun violence...Why? easy access.

https://www.healthdata.org/acting-da...states-outlier

In Phoenix there isn't a day that goes by some police officer or nut bar gets into on the street with homicide...

Crazy loons DO NOT need lethal weapons,but they continue killing people at an all time rate here.

https://www.phoenix.gov/newsroom/police/1575
__________________
"If this world is all about winners, what's for the losers?" Jr. Bonner: "Well somebody's got to hold the horses Ace."
46zilzal is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2022, 10:46 AM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward
 
PaceAdvantage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Del Boca Vista
Posts: 80,988
This is what you get when you embrace left-wing ideology and you "defund the police" and "hail the criminal."

The guy who shot up the club in Colorado should have been in jail for what he did in 2021.

But nah...they just let him go...and not only that, he had a clean record when he went to purchase that gun you hate so much.

So much for gun control...Colorado...it has pretty extensive gun control laws, doesn't it? Yeah...it does...

Tough to have laws against getting a gun if you're crazy or a criminal when you don't lock up the crazies and the criminals or even record the fact that they are crazy or a criminal.

But blame the guns.

That's what Democrats do when their own policies are a complete failure at protecting innocent people. And people somehow keep electing them...it's kind of a mystery.

Free and fair elections...what are you going to do? lol
__________________
@paceadvantage | Support the site and become a today!
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2022, 10:53 AM   #3
xtb
Ultra MAGA "Gun Bitch"
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Western NY
Posts: 3,795
Guns aren't violent, people are violent.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2022, 11:05 AM   #4
P.Rosa
Gambler
 
P.Rosa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Katy Texas
Posts: 308
Brazil is the most violent country and has the most shooting deaths.
As for shooting deaths per capita, the USA is not in the top ten.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/co...ths-by-country
__________________
$MONEY$
P.Rosa is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2022, 11:38 AM   #5
davew
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 20,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Rosa View Post
Brazil is the most violent country and has the most shooting deaths.
As for shooting deaths per capita, the USA is not in the top ten.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/co...ths-by-country
COME ON MAN, you need to select the 64 high-income countries and territories that fits the demon rat narrative
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2022, 11:55 AM   #6
TJDave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
The guy who shot up the club in Colorado should have been in jail for what he did in 2021.

But nah...they just let him go...and not only that, he had a clean record when he went to purchase that gun you hate so much.
The sheriff in El Paso county, considered a 2nd amendment sanctuary, opposed red flag laws.
__________________
I dont hate Donald Trump. I hate you for voting for him, for not having intelligence.

Howard Stern
TJDave is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2022, 12:33 PM   #7
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 45,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
Guns aren't violent, people are violent.
That truth sailed completely over 46er's head. A little too deep for him.
__________________
Consistent profits can only be made on the basis of analysis that is far from obvious to the majority. - anonymous guru
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2022, 01:27 PM   #8
Inner Dirt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 7,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
The US of A stands alone at the top of the heap via gun violence...Why? easy access.

https://www.healthdata.org/acting-da...states-outlier

In Phoenix there isn't a day that goes by some police officer or nut bar gets into on the street with homicide...

Crazy loons DO NOT need lethal weapons,but they continue killing people at an all time rate here.

https://www.phoenix.gov/newsroom/police/1575



So what is your solution? Give one, that is doable. We aren't getting a real live witch to wiggle her nose and make them all vanish.


You won't like mine, but it will work to reduce gun violence. Bring back stop and frisk, of course Democrats don't like this as most of the people who will get pinched are minorities. Minorities though make up most of young drug running street gangs that commit a lot of gun violence with illegally possessed firearms. This won't be racial profiling it will be potential criminal profiling. Anyone with a violent history using weapons, known gang members,
or people having gang tattoos or colors are subject to stop and frisk.


If someone is caught with an illegally possessed gun due to a prior violent felony or the like, off to prison for at least a minimum sentence of 2-5 years, and the gun to become recycled scrap metal.


I see too many rap sheets where eventual murderers have too many gun violations many where they serve no time. Time to put an end to that.


The UVA shooter never served a day in jail for 3 crimes, he got three 12 month suspended sentences, the last 12 months suspended for a gun crime. Another one who should have been in jail instead of murdering innocent young people.



What do you have? No genies in a bottle crossing their arms and blinking either.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2022, 02:09 PM   #9
OntheRail
Registered User
 
OntheRail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
So what is your solution? Give one, that is doable. We aren't getting a real live witch to wiggle her nose and make them all vanish.


You won't like mine, but it will work to reduce gun violence. Bring back stop and frisk, of course Democrats don't like this as most of the people who will get pinched are minorities. Minorities though make up most of young drug running street gangs that commit a lot of gun violence with illegally possessed firearms. This won't be racial profiling it will be potential criminal profiling. Anyone with a violent history using weapons, known gang members,
or people having gang tattoos or colors are subject to stop and frisk.


If someone is caught with an illegally possessed gun due to a prior violent felony or the like, off to prison for at least a minimum sentence of 2-5 years, and the gun to become recycled scrap metal.


I see too many rap sheets where eventual murderers have too many gun violations many where they serve no time. Time to put an end to that.


The UVA shooter never served a day in jail for 3 crimes, he got three 12 month suspended sentences, the last 12 months suspended for a gun crime. Another one who should have been in jail instead of murdering innocent young people.



What do you have? No genies in a bottle crossing their arms and blinking either.
Add in.... Bring back capital punishment for murder... make it swift and public. None of this 30 years of appeals. With all the video evidence available to day... if someone is caught dead too right they should be dead right. After a dozen or so execution there will be a realization actions have consequences.

We are living with the consequences from, lack of consequences caused by Liberal Perivlege of Ism's.
__________________
Remember To Help Old Friends Thoroughbred Retirement Center.
OntheRail is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2022, 02:12 PM   #10
davew
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 20,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
Add in.... Bring back capital punishment for murder... make it swift and public. None of this 30 years of appeals. With all the video evidence available to day... if someone is caught dead too right they should be dead right. After a dozen or so execution there will be a realization actions have consequences.

We are living with the consequences from, lack of consequences caused by Liberal Perivlege of Ism's.
death by hanging and then harvest organs for transplanting

(or do it like China and harvest organs to cause death)
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2022, 02:17 PM   #11
TJDave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
Add in.... Bring back capital punishment for murder... make it swift and public. None of this 30 years of appeals. With all the video evidence available to day... if someone is caught dead too right they should be dead right. After a dozen or so execution there will be a realization actions have consequences.

We are living with the consequences from, lack of consequences caused by Liberal Perivlege of Ism's.
The criminal justice system is subject to mistake. The ultimate penalty deserves the ultimate review.

Besides, languishing in jail forever IMO is far worse. I used to be a staunch believer in the death penalty.

Life without parole is worse. I like worse.
__________________
I dont hate Donald Trump. I hate you for voting for him, for not having intelligence.

Howard Stern
TJDave is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2022, 02:22 PM   #12
Inner Dirt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 7,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
Add in.... Bring back capital punishment for murder... make it swift and public. None of this 30 years of appeals. With all the video evidence available to day... if someone is caught dead too right they should be dead right. After a dozen or so execution there will be a realization actions have consequences.

We are living with the consequences from, lack of consequences caused by Liberal Perivlege of Ism's.

String them up at high noon the day after the trial, like in the Old West. I have a take that is pretty rare. Not many seem to care the danger to all that interact with someone with nothing to lose. Death row inmates have all day to plot how to maim staff. I have been to a good handful of closed prisons including touring death row, you would be shocked what people can make weapons out of, and how much time some of them took. You can dig a whole for a swimming pool with a spoon if you have enough time.


Whether the death penalty is a deterrent or not I do not care, no need to risk others and spend money to keep gutter trash alive.


Not sure I can top you on being evil in the eyes of the left, but I actually am disappointed when someone who fights police with lethal force gets wounded and their life is saved. I have watched video of perps of heinous crimes getting killed by police and laughed.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2022, 02:40 PM   #13
Inner Dirt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 7,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
The criminal justice system is subject to mistake. The ultimate penalty deserves the ultimate review.

Besides, languishing in jail forever IMO is far worse. I used to be a staunch believer in the death penalty.
Life without parole is worse. I like worse.

That gives them a whole life to maim or kill an innocent hard working person who has to interact with them. On a tour of the West Virginia State Penitentiary where Charles Manson's mother was a guest, a guy made a knife than looked like a half sized machete. He used cleanser and string to wear a piece of a metal plate off his cell door. He used toothpaste mixed with shavings and coffee grounds to cover his handy work. The tour guide was an ex female guard, she said it probably took well over a year to make that thing.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2022, 02:56 PM   #14
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 45,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
Add in.... Bring back capital punishment for murder... make it swift and public. None of this 30 years of appeals. With all the video evidence available to day... if someone is caught dead too right they should be dead right. After a dozen or so execution there will be a realization actions have consequences.

We are living with the consequences from, lack of consequences caused by Liberal Perivlege of Ism's.
AMEN to that!
__________________
Consistent profits can only be made on the basis of analysis that is far from obvious to the majority. - anonymous guru
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2022, 03:00 PM   #15
Rex Phinney
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
The US of A stands alone at the top of the heap via gun violence...Why? easy access.

https://www.healthdata.org/acting-da...states-outlier

In Phoenix there isn't a day that goes by some police officer or nut bar gets into on the street with homicide...

Crazy loons DO NOT need lethal weapons,but they continue killing people at an all time rate here.

https://www.phoenix.gov/newsroom/police/1575

What a joke, like half the world's countries aren't even represented in the list.
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2022 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.