Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-21-2022, 09:50 PM   #91
wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by myohmyjustify View Post
own

Chad Brown attempted to kill this woman, that is why he must be suspended, celebrity status notwithstanding.

We don't even know what transpired with the psycho woman and you already find him guilty. I mean, come on.
Old 08-21-2022, 09:51 PM   #92
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by $w1fT View Post
Trying to sweep something like that under the rug and expecting the public to just accept it is quite frankly bad for business.
Sweep under the rug? It made all the headlines? There was video of him being arraigned.

What does NYRA have to do with any sweeping?
Old 08-21-2022, 10:29 PM   #93
myohmyjustify

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin View Post
We don't even know what transpired with the psycho woman and you already find him guilty. I mean, come on.
I don't care that you called the victim a psycho, but that truly was a pretty classless comment to make. Since this is a horse racing site after all, we must always be fanboys to our celebrity owners and trainers, right Wisconsin?

I think he is guilty, yes. Did Chad Brown grab the victim by the throat and drag her down a flight of stairs? Yes. He did.

Go back to an earlier post by Andy Asaro on this very thread.

During the arraignment hearing, the judge said she didn't believe Brown's lawyer's assessment of what happened. Pretty compelling statement.

Maybe you think the judge is a psycho too.

Last edited by myohmyjustify; 08-21-2022 at 10:31 PM.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2022, 11:55 PM   #94
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by myohmyjustify View Post
I don't care that you called the victim a psycho, but that truly was a pretty classless comment to make. Since this is a horse racing site after all, we must always be fanboys to our celebrity owners and trainers, right Wisconsin?

I think he is guilty, yes. Did Chad Brown grab the victim by the throat and drag her down a flight of stairs? Yes. He did.

Go back to an earlier post by Andy Asaro on this very thread.

During the arraignment hearing, the judge said she didn't believe Brown's lawyer's assessment of what happened. Pretty compelling statement.

Maybe you think the judge is a psycho too.
Did they hold the trial already and I missed it?

Asking for a friend.

And is it normal for a judge to make public statements like that for potential jury members to read/hear?
Old 08-22-2022, 07:29 AM   #95
Brisk Urging
Veteran

Quote:
What about the Psycho Chad?
Brisk Urging is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2022, 08:54 AM   #96
$w1fT
SaratogaFan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Sweep under the rug? It made all the headlines? There was video of him being arraigned.

What does NYRA have to do with any sweeping?
I mean under your original argument, Chad could be charged with murder and since the crime has nothing to do with racing and didn’t happen on NYRA grounds, he should still be allowed to race horses?
$w1fT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2022, 09:04 AM   #97
tholl

Quote:
I mean under your original argument, Chad could be charged with murder and since the crime has nothing to do with racing and didn’t happen on NYRA grounds, he should still be allowed to race horses?
If he's "charged" with murder, why should he not? Innocent until proved guilty right? If convicted of murder it would be hard for him to train from behind bars.
tholl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2022, 09:04 AM   #98
wisconsin

Quote:
And is it normal for a judge to make public statements like that for potential jury members to read/hear?

This
Old 08-22-2022, 09:08 AM   #99
wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisk Urging View Post
What about the Psycho Chad?

What about it? Nobody other than the two people involved really knows what transpired. On again off again woman blows a gasket over another woman in his bed. Woman can get pretty violent, too. But it's always the guy, right?
Old 08-22-2022, 09:19 AM   #100
burnsy
self medicated

I’m not a lawyer but I’m familiar with NY and the laws. First off, none of us were there so the true story and bottom line is all speculation if one goes down that road . It’s just stupid to assume the true story without actually being privy to it. Yes, men are bigger and stronger but women will sometimes go great lengths to aggravate a situation and cause some of this knowing they probably won’t have to accept very much blame or consequence . That’s just a fact . Some women are great at playing the victim card even if they were in fact much of the cause. On the other hand it’s up to the man to reserve composure and not get baited. Because that’s how you end up in Chads position.
There are several disturbing things connected to the handling of this case . And it’s the opposite of being swept under the rug as some are suggesting. Many times Domestic situations are rarely reported to this extent unless the people are well known, a previous order was ignored or someone was hurt severely or killed. In other words , Joe Blow doesn’t end up on the front page , handcuffed, for an offense like this. The other thing I find a little weird is the statements and actions of this judge. She didn’t need to comment or set bail. This is NY , bail is mostly reserved for felonies and/or seriously violent crimes. This offense has been release in the morning, after arraignment (ROR) for many years in this state. And you usually are not still handcuffed when you appear in the morning. Unless a previous order of protection had been issued. So, this is not being swept under the rug. I don’t know whose guilty or who did what. But I can say quite confidently there is some grand standing going on here because of who Chad Brown is. That is a fact . I have close ties to people that deal with this shit on a daily basis. It’s not always as cut and dry as folks try to make it. And it’s not played up like this at all.
People with no criminal history at this age , Generally, don’t do something like this without some sort of provocation. In other words this is a most likely two way street situation.

Last edited by burnsy; 08-22-2022 at 09:33 AM.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2022, 09:36 AM   #101
Brisk Urging
Veteran

Quote:
What about it? Nobody other than the two people involved really knows what transpired. On again off again woman blows a gasket over another woman in his bed. Woman can get pretty violent, too. But it's always the guy, right?
No putting yr hands on women end of story.
Brisk Urging is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2022, 09:39 AM   #102
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisk Urging View Post
No putting yr hands on women end of story.
And that’s exactly where he went wrong. Cause now there’s no winning for him. But at the same time. That court kind of went the extra mile to play this situation up. I know how this state handles this stuff. And this ain’t it.
That statue of “Justice” being blind folded . Well, that’s just a bunch of crap �� in this country. There’s ground and money to be made off of certain people. Is the opposite of blind . A joke .

Last edited by burnsy; 08-22-2022 at 09:42 AM.
Old 08-22-2022, 09:45 AM   #103
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
No. Wasn't MY argument. Someone here claimed he tried to kill someone, as if that were some kind of known fact.

If he tried to kill someone, I would have to assume he would have been charged with attempted murder...not obstruction of breathing.

People use chokeholds all the time in an attempt to subdue someone...not to kill them.

But it's the internet...I get it...
Old 08-22-2022, 10:13 AM   #104
burnsy
self medicated

Just to be clear. He’s charged with a Misdemeanor. People saying “kill” or any other crap. It’s a freaking Misdemeanor. The judge was pretty much out of line for commenting publicly on a Misdemeanor, domestic offense……..it’s called judicial ethics. This isn’t some stranger he approached, something obviously went wrong here in some kind of relationship. People can’t even differentiate situations. It’s not a cut and dry deal in cases like this. Don’t make it sound like she was some innocent victim , waltzing into his house.
Old 08-22-2022, 10:19 AM   #105
dilanesp

Quote:
No. Wasn't MY argument. Someone here claimed he tried to kill someone, as if that were some kind of known fact.

If he tried to kill someone, I would have to assume he would have been charged with attempted murder...not obstruction of breathing.

People use chokeholds all the time in an attempt to subdue someone...not to kill them.

But it's the internet...I get it...
To put it in layman's language, he's being accused of choking her, which is a very serious offense. But PA is totally right that if the prosecutors actually thought he was trying to kill her, rather than just assaulting her, they would have charged attempted murder. TBC, they may still be gathering facts, and it's always possible to see an increased charge. But as of the time they drafted the charging document, they did not think the evidence supported an attempted murder charge. And that's important.

So it's not helpful to say things like "he tried to kill her". Even accepting the charges as true (and he is, to be clear, innocent until proven guilty), they don't say that. They say he choked her. Men shouldn't use that kind of violence on their intimate partners or former intimate partners. It's a serious offense. But it's not attempted murder.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply