Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-21-2018, 09:10 PM   #736
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Again I never said that.

Yes if you're wanted for a violent crime, drugs, or trafficking... yes I want your kids taken away from you.

That doesn't mean I'm against enforcing immigration laws. I'm against taking kids away from parents who simply crossed the border and sought asylum.

Throw them in camps while you process their applications. Hell we can even call them internment camps... I don't care.

Your above post is the exact problem with Trumpbot absolutism... surely there wasn't another solution... until poof there was!
People who are pro-separation never had a good argument when the only offense is trying to cross the border. Even Trump realized it. So he signed an executive order ending the practice. There is no point in arguing about it. It's done.

To wrap up this sordid chapter of U.S. history, perhaps people who are pro-separation should take a deep look inside their souls and ask themselves how they allowed their hearts to become so hardened that they feel it is ok to rip innocent children away from their mothers and incarcerate them.

It is telling that the pro-separatists are not up in arms and screaming at Trump to complain about how horrible a person he is for rescinding the policy.

The silence is deafening.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2018, 09:24 PM   #737
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Maybe that silence is you ignoring facts over and over again.
A closed mind is hard of hearing.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:31 PM   #738
RunForTheRoses

Kids?

Have we been bamboozled? Hoodwinked?

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...own-men-video/
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2018, 09:31 PM   #739
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Maybe that silence is you ignoring facts over and over again.
A closed mind is hard of hearing.
The FACT is Trump signed an executive order ending the practice.

But I don't hear the pro-separatists screaming at trump to reinstate the policy.

Therefore, they must agree that the policy was a bad one.

Now that I think about it, people who are pro-separatist must be pro-abortion because they see nothing wrong with separating a child from the mother.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:33 PM   #740
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by highnote View Post

But I don't hear the pro-separatists screaming at trump to reinstate the policy.

Now that I think about it, people who are pro-separatist must be pro-abortion because they see nothing wrong with separating a child from the mother.
That is a huge stretch even for liberals.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2018, 09:38 PM   #741
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:

You think a lot less than you think you do.
A hell of a lot less.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:40 PM   #742
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko699 View Post
That is a huge stretch even for liberals.
Abortion and separating a child from the mother fall under the same category.

But really that's not the main point. The point is why aren't the pro-separatists haranguing trump for rescinding the policy?

Probably because it was bad policy and everybody knows it.

But rather than rub salt in the wound, I'll let it go. Trump did the right thing and there is no point in arguing it further.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:43 PM   #743
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Abortion and separating a child from the mother fall under the same category.

But really that's not the main point. The point is why aren't the pro-separatists haranguing trump for rescinding the policy?

Probably because it was bad policy and everybody knows it.

But rather than rub salt in the wound, I'll let it go. Trump did the right thing and there is no point in arguing it further.

I wasn't arguing only laughing.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:43 PM   #744
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
You think a lot less than you think you do.
A hell of a lot less.
Vice-versa. You guys have no good answer to why you're complaining to trump about how wrong it was to reverse the policy.

The truth is, everyone knows it was a bad policy.

But like I said, trump did the right thing. It's done. There is no point in arguing it any further.

I think it is fair that I give you the last word and I will not offer a rebuttal.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:44 PM   #745
highnote

Quote:
I wasn't arguing only laughing.
Thank you for making this an interesting debate.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:45 PM   #746
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Vice-versa. You guys have no good answer to why you're complaining to trump about how wrong it was to reverse the policy.

The truth is, everyone knows it was a bad policy.

But like I said, trump did the right thing. It's done. There is no point in arguing it any further.

I think it is fair that I give you the last word and I will not offer a rebuttal.
Ok I didn't think it was then and still don't so you just told a fib, naught boy!!!!
Old 06-21-2018, 09:46 PM   #747
highnote

Quote:
Ok I didn't think it was then and still don't so you just told a fib, naught boy!!!!
fair enough
Old 06-21-2018, 10:16 PM   #748
Andy Asaro

Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2018, 10:33 PM   #749
newtothegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Again I never said that.

Yes if you're wanted for a violent crime, drugs, or trafficking... yes I want your kids taken away from you.

That doesn't mean I'm against enforcing immigration laws. I'm against taking kids away from parents who simply crossed the border (legally or illegally????)and sought asylum.

Throw them in camps while you process their applications. Hell we can even call them internment camps... I don't care.

Your above post is the exact problem with Trumpbot absolutism... surely there wasn't another solution... until *poof* there was!
See the bolded part and answer.....
As to the rest of your hogwash, I never said it was all or nothing. It is NOT my responsibility to make the laws of this county. I participate in a process by where I elect legislators who do that based on their constituency.

Now please provide proof, that we are taking away children from MIGRANTS, who are attempting to enter this country LEGALLY through the process seeking asylum. If they are attempting to LEGALLY enter this country and we are taking their children away, then I agree whole heartedly with you.

On the other hand...… If ILLEGALLY.....then its a crime and punishment should be served accordingly.....
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2018, 10:36 PM   #750
newtothegame

Quote:
People who are pro-separation never had a good argument when the only offense is trying to cross the border. Even Trump realized it. So he signed an executive order ending the practice. There is no point in arguing about it. It's done.

To wrap up this sordid chapter of U.S. history, perhaps people who are pro-separation should take a deep look inside their souls and ask themselves how they allowed their hearts to become so hardened that they feel it is ok to rip innocent children away from their mothers and incarcerate them.

It is telling that the pro-separatists are not up in arms and screaming at Trump to complain about how horrible a person he is for rescinding the policy.

The silence is deafening.
Youre right....what possibly was I thinking...…
All of those speed limits posting about 60-mph, well they are just rubbish too right??
I mean who really cares if I was doing 70? Will a kid I hit at 60 live somehow and not live at 70???
I am sure there are many "offenses" that most of us don't like.... (PS I like how you chose the word offense versus breaking the law to make yourself feel better).
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply