Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-01-2017, 03:19 AM   #46
no breathalyzer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer View Post
Right. I for the record and pro life concerning me. And I am a great example because I had children very early in life. I was 17 and 19 when my kids were born and there was never a thought to do anything other and my children are great. Have not conceived a child since. Most of these decisions are made by people who live in Ginger Bread Land where everything is cut and dried and decisions perfectly laid out. There is a scary and hostile drug infested, psychotic world out there with many young girls not wanting to bring a child into that world. And by the same token there are many well to do individuals who don't want their 15 year old daughter to have a child and smear their golden appearance. Those people will get the best hidden medical care to preserve their image. Because a person is poor they are condemned for their "Stupidity" and have to either live in shame or have a child they are not equipped for to raise. It happens. It is reality. It is not right. I am pro life for me. But pro choice for somebody else.
Me too... no matter what my personal beliefs are ... which have changed with age
no breathalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-01-2017, 08:47 AM   #47
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
There are implants that will last up to 4 years.

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/le...plant-implanon

But what about the women whose chosen profession is raising their kids for the government? They know more kids is more benefits..
well then we damn well need to be pushing for those receiving welfare and not holding down a job having to use this. Like Grits mentioned the NICU units are full of heroin addicted premies. I have a very good friend that has been an RN at children's hospital NICU in Minneapolis for thirty years. I've toured it. It's amazing. And that could be highly prevented by using those implants. But the left would drive it off the cliff if you tried going that direction. Their voter base would shrink considerably.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-01-2017, 09:57 AM   #48
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
For the people using abortion as 'birth control' and 'family planning', maybe planned parenthood can start doing sterilizations.
After one abortion, mandatory sterilization.
Old 04-01-2017, 10:20 AM   #49
reckless
Veteran

Far left liberals, racists and those that advocate genocide such as Planned Parenthood simply love to yell and scream 'Stay Out of My Bedroom!!' when conservative politicians want to pass any sort of anti-abortion type legislature.

If said politician is one that wants fiscal responsibility, the abortionists claim they have no heart. They are simply mean people who want to hurt others, especially poor women and rich professional women.

If said politician is one that believes in the sanctity of life, the Planned Parenthood thugs denounce them as those that want to tell women how to live their life. Who the hell are you to suggest anything of the sort. It's my choice, they always say. Go, go, go stand on the corner with your silly signs; too bad, pally, and just get lost.

Yet, the abortionists also demand that the government reach into their their bedrooms.... for that's where they want the sucker, err, taxpayer, to leave the check to pay for their abortion.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-01-2017, 10:21 AM   #50
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
After one abortion, mandatory sterilization.
too far - what about rape or incest?
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-01-2017, 10:26 AM   #51
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Yes...I noticed that. Luckily...I fought hard and they couldn't convert me.
That's probably what the people in the middle east are thinking just before their heads are sawed off, by a muslim.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-01-2017, 10:33 AM   #52
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
too far - what about rape or incest?
Seems too harsh a punishment for an abortion.
Old 04-01-2017, 11:12 AM   #53
chadk66

I don't think sterilization would be right. Some of these women are very young and actually get their lives straightened out. Making them wear a birth control implant makes so much sense that it's ridiculous. Why this isn't being done already is mind boggling.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-01-2017, 04:52 PM   #54
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer View Post
Right. I for the record and pro life concerning me. And I am a great example because I had children very early in life. I was 17 and 19 when my kids were born and there was never a thought to do anything other and my children are great. Have not conceived a child since. Most of these decisions are made by people who live in Ginger Bread Land where everything is cut and dried and decisions perfectly laid out. There is a scary and hostile drug infested, psychotic world out there with many young girls not wanting to bring a child into that world. And by the same token there are many well to do individuals who don't want their 15 year old daughter to have a child and smear their golden appearance. Those people will get the best hidden medical care to preserve their image. Because a person is poor they are condemned for their "Stupidity" and have to either live in shame or have a child they are not equipped for to raise. It happens. It is reality. It is not right. I am pro life for me. But pro choice for somebody else.
Bravo!!

Last edited by thaskalos; 04-01-2017 at 04:53 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-01-2017, 05:12 PM   #55
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
That's probably what the people in the middle east are thinking just before their heads are sawed off, by a muslim.
How noble of you to be thinking about the people in the middle east.
Old 04-01-2017, 05:28 PM   #56
classhandicapper

Setting aside the point of the thread, which was the question of whether public money should be funding abortions at Planned Parenthood, IMO, I'd like to make the point that abortion is not the solution to the fundamental problem. The fundamental problem is unwanted pregnancies. Abortion is an attempt to deal with that problem but does absolutely nothing to solve it. IMO, most of the energy should be going into reducing unwanted pregnancies.

This is one of the problems of our society.

We eat too much cake, cookies, candy, snacks and fast food. We drink too much soda, beer, juices, and shakes. We get obese and have all sorts of health problems. Our solution is more and better medications for controlling heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke, diabetes etc...

No dumb asses.

The solution is not getting obese.

The idea is to identify the core problem and fix it the best you can.

The idea is not to find band-aid solutions that allow you to continue behaving like an irresponsible idiot.
Old 04-01-2017, 05:36 PM   #57
xtb

If there were no more abortions, planned parenthood would be out of business so from their point of view, unwanted pregnancies are a good thing. Perhaps if there is any hope of outlawing abortions, PP needs to go first.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-01-2017, 05:44 PM   #58
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

If they want to abort, I am not going to stop them.
But if they think they are going to have ME pay for it, they can go to hell. Abort the slut of a mother. I'll pay for that.
Old 04-01-2017, 10:48 PM   #59
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
Setting aside the point of the thread, which was the question of whether public money should be funding abortions at Planned Parenthood, IMO, I'd like to make the point that abortion is not the solution to the fundamental problem. The fundamental problem is unwanted pregnancies. Abortion is an attempt to deal with that problem but does absolutely nothing to solve it. IMO, most of the energy should be going into reducing unwanted pregnancies.

This is one of the problems of our society.

We eat too much cake, cookies, candy, snacks and fast food. We drink too much soda, beer, juices, and shakes. We get obese and have all sorts of health problems. Our solution is more and better medications for controlling heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke, diabetes etc...

No dumb asses.

The solution is not getting obese.

The idea is to identify the core problem and fix it the best you can.

The idea is not to find band-aid solutions that allow you to continue behaving like an irresponsible idiot.
OK.

How do you propose to keep "unwanted" pregnancies from happening?

It isn't like a woman wakes up one day and.... "oh crap" I'm pregnant.

Is a chastity belt on your list of solutions?
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-01-2017, 10:58 PM   #60
johnhannibalsmith

God, I sound like a feminasty (c-Boxcat) snowflake, but it is kind of amusing how the five pages of basically abortion debate and there isn't a single penis involved in any of the problems discussed.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: