Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 10-18-2017, 10:51 AM   #16
GMB@BP

God this was handled bad...i bet they had people who only did the specials and little of anything else so they are trying to cut that off but this was the wrong way to do that.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-18-2017, 11:45 AM   #17
showonly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
God this was handled bad...i bet they had people who only did the specials and little of anything else so they are trying to cut that off but this was the wrong way to do that.

I really think it is an over reaction to the handling but that is subjective. My thought is on the negative opinions of their actions. They offer promotions and now have chosen not to. They must have singled out accounts who offering the promotion to is not cost effective for the business. Unreasonable?
showonly is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-18-2017, 11:54 AM   #18
Arapola

Bad JuJu over @TVG.
What Bean-counter decided this is good policy?

SHAME ON TVG
Arapola is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-18-2017, 12:23 PM   #19
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by showonly View Post
I really think it is an over reaction to the handling but that is subjective. My thought is on the negative opinions of their actions. They offer promotions and now have chosen not to. They must have singled out accounts who offering the promotion to is not cost effective for the business. Unreasonable?
Yes, because they are still advertising like they are for everyone.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-18-2017, 12:49 PM   #20
upthecreek

Comment from former TVG employee

upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-18-2017, 01:53 PM   #21
showonly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Yes, because they are still advertising like they are for everyone.
Do you believe offering enticements to solicit business and then discontinuing them when they aren't profitable for the business is that egregious. Is it not just something for nothing until it is not. Perquisites are a staple of attracting new business. Starbucks recently changed their rewards program in a way that adversely effected minimum spenders. New customers could sign up with TVG take advantage of the "deals" and then close their accounts when they are deemed unworthy.
Old 10-18-2017, 01:58 PM   #22
Southbaygent
TomT

It isn't right that I get sent advertising for a promotion, then I click on that option and get a "not eligible" message. Not right.

Here are the "rules" for the current promotion I am NOT eligible for...not sure I see where "you don't bet enough" is a consideration?
https://promos.tvg.com/Cashtoberfest...fest_rules.pdf
Southbaygent is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-18-2017, 02:09 PM   #23
showonly

[QUOTE=Southbaygent;2232397]It isn't right that I get sent advertising for a promotion, then I click on that option and get a "not eligible" message. Not right.

Here are the "rules" for the current promotion I am NOT eligible for...not sure I see where "you don't bet enough" is a consideration?
https://promos.tvg.com/Cashtoberfest...fest_rules.pdf[/QUOTE

Would you have been willing to supply TVG with the information that would have allowed them to make the judgment as to what your patronage was worth to them? Instead they offered you something with no initial conditions. The determined that your account is not of value to them with the additional offerings. Did they ask you for the benefits of those deals back? You really expect that to last forever with them taking the loss.
Old 10-18-2017, 02:24 PM   #24
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Do you believe offering enticements to solicit business and then discontinuing them when they aren't profitable for the business is that egregious. Is it not just something for nothing until it is not. Perquisites are a staple of attracting new business. Starbucks recently changed their rewards program in a way that adversely effected minimum spenders. New customers could sign up with TVG take advantage of the "deals" and then close their accounts when they are deemed unworthy.
That isn't what happened. They are still advertising the enticements as if there are no restrictions.
Old 10-18-2017, 02:30 PM   #25
showonly

[QUOTE=cj;2232411]That isn't what happened. They are still advertising the enticements as if there are no restrictions.[/QUOTEAre

Are you telling me that they are violating their customer agreement. If not what are they doing other than evaluating their rewards program.
Old 10-18-2017, 02:33 PM   #26
showonly

We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to terminate an account at any time and for any reason. In the event an account is terminated, we shall return to you the balance of any funds in your account at the time of termination. If the balance of funds in your account at the time of termination is less than $2.00, we will retain the balance as an account termination fee. If your account is inactive for 6 consecutive months, a $1.75 per month account maintenance fee may be assessed until the balance reaches zero and the account is terminated.

This is what you agreed to. If you would have preferred to have your account closed. It is possible
Old 10-18-2017, 02:37 PM   #27
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to terminate an account at any time and for any reason. In the event an account is terminated, we shall return to you the balance of any funds in your account at the time of termination. If the balance of funds in your account at the time of termination is less than $2.00, we will retain the balance as an account termination fee. If your account is inactive for 6 consecutive months, a $1.75 per month account maintenance fee may be assessed until the balance reaches zero and the account is terminated.

This is what you agreed to. If you would have preferred to have your account closed. It is possible
They aren't closing people's accounts, just cutting them off from the promos. Not sure how the above applies to this situation.

That is 100% a choice they have the right to make. What isn't right is how they are handling it while still pretending in public it applies to everyone when advertised.
Old 10-18-2017, 02:45 PM   #28
Poindexter

[quote=showonly;2232405]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southbaygent View Post
It isn't right that I get sent advertising for a promotion, then I click on that option and get a "not eligible" message. Not right.

https://promos.tvg.com/Cashtoberfest...fest_rules.pdf[/QUOTE

Would you have been willing to supply TVG with the information that would have allowed them to make the judgment as to what your patronage was worth to them? Instead they offered you something with no initial conditions. The determined that your account is not of value to them with the additional offerings. Did they ask you for the benefits of those deals back? You really expect that to last forever with them taking the loss.
If they are going to pump a promotion on their broadcast without a disclaimer (such for vip or Gold Star members only) then they ethically have the duty to leave it open for all. If they want to filter who is eligible (which they have every right to do) for the promotions then they need to make very clear in their on air promotion (not in some fine print) that this offer is for vip members only.

Legally, I don't really care (I am not a lawyer). I base my choices as a consumer based on whether I feel a company acts appropiately not legally and I hope others do the same. I try to keep trash out of my life. When a company resorts to these ticky tack types of actions it speaks volumes about their character.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-18-2017, 02:46 PM   #29
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
FYI, they have been contacted and made aware of this thread.

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 10-18-2017 at 02:47 PM.
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-18-2017, 03:08 PM   #30
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
There are no prerequisites, nor any guidelines or rules or restrictions, which is exactly the point. They simply yanked someone's ability to play in their promotions without giving any reason or violation. They are speaking loud and clear though, which is that this customer is too smart for them and they make too little money off him, so they're not going to take his business. That reeks, and in my opinion is far worse than what KEE did in upping their prices.

The proper way to do this is to have clear rules for playing in a promotion. If they didn't have them before, then they should've drawn them up and sent those out instead of what they did send out. They're apparently perfectly willing to have others who spend a similar amount of money monthly play their promotions because they're not too good at it.

I couldn't care less as I solely use Xpressbet, but this is a no-brainer bonehead move.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: