Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-20-2017, 09:32 AM   #31
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Yup, Bannon was the anti-globalist in the administration.

He gone now.

You don't get it, half the country is the anti-globalist. The guy who lives next door to you is against your views. It is just too easy to think we are falling apart here on this BBS when the truth is President Trump exposed and took advantage of a very deep chasm inside the democratic party and blew it up. If you think that it has gone away your a bigger fool than your posts suggest. This whole Russia thing is nothing more than inept and incompetent democrats who let people into their data and inner circle letting dark forces show exactly what idiots they are. Looking forward to more of your posts, why don't you switch to Robert E. Lee statues needing to be removed because the Russia stuff is falling apart.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2017, 09:42 AM   #32
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66 View Post
I just don't think that you get it fast4522, the RINOs, who I take to mean the traditional Republicans, have won. They will moderate Trump. Bannon is fringe; always was, always will be.
The agenda of the President will destroy many a RINO and the players will constantly move about the board, going forward more democrat governors will lose and some very high profile lawmakers will see demise for doing absolutely nothing.
Old 08-20-2017, 09:52 AM   #33
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

The RINOS are democrats without the balls to admit it.
I hope Bannon gets down and dirty in his war on them.
I will applaud his every move.

Take off the gloves and expose those worthless people - start with McCain. Fry his useless ass. Think of him as a supermarket french frie. Go low.
Old 08-20-2017, 10:07 AM   #34
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
You don't get it, half the country is the anti-globalist.
And at least half the country doesn't understand globalism.

Quote:
The U.S. has lost 5 million factory jobs since 2000. And trade has indeed claimed production jobs - in particular when China joined the World Trade Organization in 2001. Nevertheless, there was no downturn in U.S. manufacturing output. As a matter of fact, U.S. production has been growing over the last decades. From 2006 to 2013, “manufacturing grew by 17.6%, or at roughly 2.2% per year,” according to a report from Ball State University. The study reports as well that trade accounted for 13% of the lost U.S. factory jobs, but 88% of the jobs were taken by robots and other factors at home.
As an example, Adidas, the big German shoe company, recently announced that they are phasing out production in China and are building two new plants, one in Germany and one in the US. Production in both plants will be totally automated.

http://fortune.com/2016/11/08/china-automation-jobs/
Old 08-20-2017, 10:15 AM   #35
jms62
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
And at least half the country doesn't understand globalism.

As an example, Adidas, the big German shoe company, recently announced that they are phasing out production in China and are building two new plants, one in Germany and one in the US. Production in both plants will be totally automated.

http://fortune.com/2016/11/08/china-automation-jobs/
Which means there will be a minimal amount of jobs and those that there will be probably will be manned by an H1B Visa holder. Donald did nothing to end this program back in April just like Obama and Bush before him. The lobbying dollars where just too intoxicating to them.
jms62 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2017, 11:58 AM   #36
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66 View Post
I just don't think that you get it fast4522, the RINOs, who I take to mean the traditional Republicans, have won. They will moderate Trump. Bannon is fringe; always was, always will be.
Quote:
Yup, Bannon was the anti-globalist in the administration.

He gone now.
I read an interesting article last week by Roger Stone. Think what you want of the guy but Stone is an extremely savvy guy with very sharp political instincts.

Makes you think twice about who is Steve Bannon. Enjoy.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/17/bannons-time-is-up/
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2017, 12:27 PM   #37
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
The RINOS are democrats without the balls to admit it.
I hope Bannon gets down and dirty in his war on them.
I will applaud his every move.

Take off the gloves and expose those worthless people - start with McCain. Fry his useless ass. Think of him as a supermarket french frie. Go low.
If he lives that long, McCain could do better with a Democrat presidential campaign.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2017, 01:11 PM   #38
elysiantraveller

Quote:
You don't get it, half the country is the anti-globalist. The guy who lives next door to you is against your views. It is just too easy to think we are falling apart here on this BBS when the truth is President Trump exposed and took advantage of a very deep chasm inside the democratic party and blew it up. If you think that it has gone away your a bigger fool than your posts suggest. This whole Russia thing is nothing more than inept and incompetent democrats who let people into their data and inner circle letting dark forces show exactly what idiots they are. Looking forward to more of your posts, why don't you switch to Robert E. Lee statues needing to be removed because the Russia stuff is falling apart.
What I'm pointing out is that the largest anti-globalist in the administration is now gone. Replaces with establishment politicians of a very moderate ilk. This isn't hyperbole like your post this is a fact that people of your persuasion should be upset about instead of trying to explain it away.

As far as globalism... clocker addressed it with his post and regardless of your opinion on globalist; good, and, or indifferent it's here to say. Markets are stronger than governments.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2017, 01:46 PM   #39
Clocker

Quote:
What I'm pointing out is that the largest anti-globalist in the administration is now gone.
And perhaps the last one. Bannon and Priebus (one of the few Establishment GOP people left in the West Wing) put aside their differences to work together to oppose the globalists. Both are gone, and the globalists are on top. At least until the next round of Trump Tweets.

Quote:
But there was another power base to deal with: Ivanka Trump and Kushner, who both have formal White House roles. They are among numerous people from the metro New York area who joined Trump in colonising Washington, including Michael Anton, Kellyanne Conway, Gary Cohn, Jason Greenblatt, Hope Hicks, Josh Raffel, Steven Mnuchin, Dan Scavino Jr, Keith Schiller, Dina Powell and Wilbur Ross.

Broadly speaking, the New Yorkers form a “globalist-Goldman Sachs” wing that favours international trade deals, in stark opposition to the “populist-nationalist” wing featuring Bannon, Stephen Miller and Sebastian Gorka that champions “America first”.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...hner-what-next

Quote:
Markets are stronger than governments.
And most people who argue against globalism with their words vote for it with their wallets.
Old 08-20-2017, 02:42 PM   #40
fast4522

Quote:
What I'm pointing out is that the largest anti-globalist in the administration is now gone. Replaces with establishment politicians of a very moderate ilk. This isn't hyperbole like your post this is a fact that people of your persuasion should be upset about instead of trying to explain it away.

As far as globalism... clocker addressed it with his post and regardless of your opinion on globalist; good, and, or indifferent it's here to say. Markets are stronger than governments.
If we have a choice of robots manufacturing product in Canada or inside the United States, screw Canada we can do it here for the same cost and price points. They will be forced to sell their soft lumber products to our factory's even leaner price points or kill themselves trying to sell into mainland China. We hold all the picture cards, who get hurt is none of our affair. The potential for 3,4,5 % growth for our economy is huge, the really big bucks can shift without any interruption. If your heavy invested into today's global you better start shifting now, you do not believe your defense is that it is a gamble anyway. Same things about Mexico, heavy automation better here than that fly trap. We will all see which way policy plays.
Old 08-20-2017, 05:38 PM   #41
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks View Post
Of course, "media hype, lies, spin, BS and honest political disagreement" is at least 90% of everything people are screaming about. In fact, I have no idea what you think the other 10% is.

You know what is crazy, Classy. For 8 years you kept saying you were ready to leave the country because everything was just too depressing. Now we get a flake running the show and you see nothing but blue skies and rainbows.

My point is that the perception about this administration is that it's falling apart, nothing is getting done, and the whole thing is a fiasco. That perception is being derived from media spin and lies. It's simply not true. A LOT is getting done and some things have gotten better.

Believe me, I still think the country is going to hell in a hand basket. Some forms of cancer move very slowly. That's the way it works with economies and cultures also. We are still badly debt riddled, have made government promises that are mathematically impossible to keep, are operating with an unsound banking and monetary system, and are declining culturally. Trump hasn't done a single thing to fix any of that.

I still think about leaving the country once my elderly mother and other family obligations are no longer an issue. But there aren't many good options. Most countries are on the same path. I'd also way prefer moving somewhere where they speak English and the culture shock won't be so bad.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 08-20-2017 at 05:46 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2017, 05:56 PM   #42
classhandicapper

Quote:
You don't get it, half the country is the anti-globalist.
100% spot on.

Many people (including me) agree with Bannon that the US should be looking out for it's own interests when it comes to trade deals, getting involved militarily or politically overseas, etc...

There have always been forces of technology replacing jobs, but they also create new jobs. The new jobs should be here and manned by US workers. If we need to educate and reeducate our workers, our companies should be doing that and not exporting the jobs instead. The deals should keep workers in mind and not just try to maximize the profits for some company that paid off some scumbag in Washington for some BS rule in a trade deal.

Bannon gets a bit of a bad rap. As far as I can tell, he's a nationalist, but he's not a white nationalist. Most in the media either can't comprehend the extreme difference or purposely try to blur the line between the two.

I also absolutely applauded Brexit.

The less centralized the power, the more free we will all be to move and go to places that match our own values and desires. The more centralized and global we become, the more power will be in the hands a few people that will dictate how we should live, what we should believe etc..

Last edited by classhandicapper; 08-20-2017 at 06:06 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2017, 06:37 PM   #43
jms62
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
100% spot on.

Many people (including me) agree with Bannon that the US should be looking out for it's own interests when it comes to trade deals, getting involved militarily or politically overseas, etc...

There have always been forces of technology replacing jobs, but they also create new jobs. The new jobs should be here and manned by US workers. If we need to educate and reeducate our workers, our companies should be doing that and not exporting the jobs instead. The deals should keep workers in mind and not just try to maximize the profits for some company that paid off some scumbag in Washington for some BS rule in a trade deal.

Bannon gets a bit of a bad rap. As far as I can tell, he's a nationalist, but he's not a white nationalist. Most in the media either can't comprehend the extreme difference or purposely try to blur the line between the two.

I also absolutely applauded Brexit.

The less centralized the power, the more free we will all be to move and go to places that match our own values and desires. The more centralized and global we become, the more power will be in the hands a few people that will dictate how we should live, what we should believe etc..
Well said
jms62 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2017, 06:45 PM   #44
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
The less centralized the power, the more free we will all be to move and go to places that match our own values and desires.
Yet you support a trade policy that gives more power to the federal government, restricts free trade, puts punitive tariffs on low priced imports, artificially props up narrow sectors of the labor market, and lets the government pick winners and losers in the market.

A trade policy that Trump's own people, during the campaign, stated would increase the cost of living of the average American by 10-15%.
Old 08-21-2017, 09:32 AM   #45
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Yet you support a trade policy that gives more power to the federal government, restricts free trade, puts punitive tariffs on low priced imports, artificially props up narrow sectors of the labor market, and lets the government pick winners and losers in the market.

A trade policy that Trump's own people, during the campaign, stated would increase the cost of living of the average American by 10-15%.
The goal of free trade is for every country to benefit. By country, I mean corporations, consumers, workers, and even governments.

There will always be "some losers" when things change, but on a net basis things should be getting better for everyone.

You can't have successful free trade when every country has wildly different standards of living/income structures, wildly different regulations, wildly different tax rates, wildly different regulations, some governments are subsidizing or protecting industries and markets. If you do, there will be massive winners and losers. In the US, the worker has been a massive loser and to some extent when it comes to tax receipts the government has been a loser (which of course is us also).

I advocate trade policy that will not enrich US corporations at the expense of US workers and then watch those same corporations try to avoid paying taxes in the US on top of it.

I'm calling BS on all the brain washing about free trade we've been subjected to for the last 30-40 years. It's a gigantic lie that has enriched a few and hurt millions.

If you are a US or foreign corporation that wants to do business in the US, the rules have to be relatively equal and fair for both sides, you have to pay taxes in the US, and you should be encouraged to use US citizens as your work force.

If you can't achieve some kind of balance in that negotiation, you can't do business and allow the other side to gut the US of wealth and jobs - even if that mean my personal portfolio will go down and I won't be able to get cheaper goods at Walmart.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: