Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 04-16-2021, 09:11 PM   #61
taxicab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No! View Post
Isn't Flavien Prat on Hot Rod Charlie?
https://www.paulickreport.com/news/t...t-rod-charlie/
taxicab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2021, 10:25 PM   #62
Secondbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxicab View Post
Your right . My Bad. When I saw the Rock your World thread My brain froze. That’s why I can’t pick winners.
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2021, 10:42 PM   #63
taxicab

Rispoli kicked to the curb....

taxicab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-18-2021, 12:16 AM   #64
jay68802

The good news is that he is slow early. Does not matter who is riding him.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-18-2021, 12:44 AM   #65
Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curln22 View Post
I think the lasix rule is a cause of this.
I think your right. I also think the points system has change the race as well, why eles has the fav has come in first every year since. If or when a horse of greater that 10: wins, the payouts will be huge.
Raider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-18-2021, 07:39 AM   #66
Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider View Post
I think your right. I also think the points system has change the race as well, why eles has the fav has come in first every year since. If or when a horse of greater that 10: wins, the payouts will be huge.
opps, fav didn't win last year, i drew a line though it.
Raider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-18-2021, 10:00 AM   #67
f2tornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider View Post
opps, fav didn't win last year, i drew a line though it.
He was the third betting choice and not far from the second. All the competing speed scratched out. I think Tiz beats him handily if ran in May. Yes, line through it.

Rock kind of in same boat. The speed is defecting. Hard to leave off a ticket, especially is he draws a good post.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-21-2021, 06:48 PM   #68
bks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerUpPaynter View Post
Mastery was so good. Wish we coulda saw the best of him.
He was, but that's a strange comment in a post with two horses, the second of which was arguably the best horse of the last 15 years.
bks is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2021, 05:52 AM   #69
depalma113

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerUpPaynter View Post
He passes the eyes test 100%. Im not gonna over think this one. I think this crop blows thus far without Life Is Good.... He might not fit all the angles but this year I dont think you gotta.

I know the weak crop is very cliché, however i havent used it in years... These horses arent very good AT THIS POINT. The Florida circuit was bad, The Louisiana circuit was bad. NY was pathetic, Arkansas was underwhelming. And it reflects in the PPs....

Essential Quality is good and wouldn't surprise me if he won one bit... But since i already got him in an october futures bet. im going with Rock Your World heavy handed and if the favorite wins I still win pretty good.

This is the worst Derby field since Sea Hero won in 93'
depalma113 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2021, 10:19 AM   #70
Fightingirish51195

Rock your world

I’d be careful about reading too much into this briS LP figure. The horse ran once on dirt. Don’t make judgments on an n of 1. This horse hasn’t peaked yet. That race was pretty fast early if I remember correctly and he looked like he wanted to go around again
Old 04-24-2021, 10:45 AM   #71
f2tornado

The 2 3/4 TG figure with an easy trip worries me more than the Bris LP. He can certainly improve from that number but there are five other horses posting better TG figures and several more knocking at the door. I struggle to make that kind of improvement play for the Derby.
Old 04-24-2021, 10:50 AM   #72
Fightingirish51195

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2tornado View Post
The 2 3/4 TG figure with an easy trip worries me more than the Bris LP. He can certainly improve from that number but there are five other horses posting better TG figures and several more knocking at the door. I struggle to make that kind of improvement play for the Derby.
And again I’d argue n of 1 with other factors. Horse is going to be making his 4th career start and 2nd on dirt.

There’s lots of room for improvement with this horse, specifically when it comes to lead switching. He hasn’t put it all together yet and he’s still probably better than atleast 80 percent of the field right now.

I’m not saying these arguments are wrong. Just pointing out that there’s little to go off of
Old 04-24-2021, 10:56 AM   #73
capitalman

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2tornado View Post
What I find interesting is he's a little slow on sheets because he was on the inside the whole race, but he has the only triple digit Beyer (100) and his 124 TimeformUS figure towers over the field.
capitalman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2021, 04:13 PM   #74
f2tornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalman View Post
What I find interesting is he's a little slow on sheets because he was on the inside the whole race, but he has the only triple digit Beyer (100) and his 124 TimeformUS figure towers over the field.
Indeed, the pace was solid and he pulled it. “Towers over” is subjective but the TimeformUS figure is indeed the best of the lot. It’s worth noting the highest last out BSF horse has not fared well wearing Roses the past couple decades. For every Justify there’s about 8 others that failed to repeat. That said, about 90% of winners had a last out BSF of 95+ and/or Brisnet 100+. Some years ago I also noted every winner had a top 8 BSF and this included Giacomo and MTB bombers. I have not checked that angle in a while but doubt that has failed since with all the chalks winning lately.
Old 04-24-2021, 04:15 PM   #75
boys at tosconova

i won't be surprised if the horse is the favorite or co favorite.

horse is a must use
boys at tosconova is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: