Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-20-2021, 03:39 PM   #16
The_Turf_Monster

That has to be one of the most awkward things I’ve ever seen, even the horse was saying wtf
The_Turf_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-20-2021, 04:10 PM   #17
BarchCapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Turf_Monster View Post
That has to be one of the most awkward things I’ve ever seen, even the horse was saying wtf
Thinking horse may not have passed the test for Acepromazine after that one.
BarchCapper is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-21-2021, 07:48 PM   #18
The_Turf_Monster

I wouldn’t put it past the stronach group to have that guy on salary at GP, probably standing right next to the person in charge of post times
The_Turf_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-23-2021, 03:52 PM   #19
BIG49010

I asked Gulfstream about weight of horses before the start of the Championship meet and if they would be publishing them, and was told no.

"Not likely due to the covid19 protocols."

You find quite a bit of noise in weights, NA is very common, but I am still following the data for a couple tracks.
Old 03-23-2021, 03:58 PM   #20
therussmeister
Out-of-town Jasper

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
Dog racing has been ahead of horse racing on this for decades. I hope they aren't decades ahead of us again in the US.

It would be interesting to look at, but I suspect a lot of it would be noise. There might be certain situations where it would be helpful, like during the Triple Crown or another tough campaign or for 2yo and 3yos when they come back off scheduled layoffs to see if they've grown and filled out.
Being that dog racing is essentially kaput, I hope horse racing is at least two decades behind.

~Alan Watts
therussmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2021, 08:54 PM   #21
thespaah

to give the weight perspective, I'd also like to see the height( on horses measured at the withers) of each horse.
A horse that stands 15/3 at 1000lbs is going to be much more muscled up than a 1000lb horse that stands 17/0
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply