Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 10-24-2017, 10:29 AM   #1
Paulo

Anyone Purchase ValueCappe Software?

I viewed the videos and still undecided on wether or not to purchase the software. I think the problem is I am not sure if I the patience or discipline to sit and wait for price horses to come in.
Would anyone who purchased the software care to comment?
Paulo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2017, 01:32 PM   #2
MPRanger

If you are not betting on overlays you are losing money and will continue to lose money. Waiting for a price horse is your job." It's what you get paid for." to quote Michael Pizzola.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:58 PM   #3
green80

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPRanger View Post
If you are not betting on overlays you are losing money and will continue to lose money. Waiting for a price horse is your job." It's what you get paid for." to quote Michael Pizzola.
The same is true of any software you use.
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-25-2017, 01:38 AM   #4
chuckster1968

working on it, its expensive though
chuckster1968 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-25-2017, 02:54 PM   #5
MPRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
I viewed the videos and still undecided on wether or not to purchase the software. I think the problem is I am not sure if I the patience or discipline to sit and wait for price horses to come in.
Would anyone who purchased the software care to comment?

It's not finding the price horse that requires so much guts. Black Magic makes that easy. It's the runouts which will test your metal.

Another thing to watch for is just relying on the ratings as the program presents them. You can do it that way. That's the way it's presented. However I find I get a better feel for it by going over the PP's myself. I have my own checklist I like to go thru to get an understanding of a race.

Dave Schwartz has a thread going on his Facebook page about story handicapping. I prefer to do that. Still use the ratings and the portfolios because they save so much time. But get an understanding of the race with your own intuition as well as the numbers.

You won't find much support for this approach among the Wizards as they pretty much just look at numbers and can't be bothered by trainer's intentions or the story of the race. I found that out quick when I clumsily tried to start a discussion about trainer's. I had more to say than ever developed because of the response. That's not a complaint. My cup is empty. I'm always willing to learn what I can from whomever has knowledge. I learned a great deal from Michael Pizzola's DVD's supporting the Wizards forum. He's a great teacher. His teaching is an understated additional value in the product. It's sort of like a correspondence course in professional handicapping. Plus a badass program.

I have BM version 1. I only use it occaisionally now. I'm more apt to use the racing form or the DRP cause I like to write on them. But I'm glad I have the program.
Old 10-25-2017, 07:36 PM   #6
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPRanger View Post
Another thing to watch for is just relying on the ratings as the program presents them. You can do it that way. That's the way it's presented. However I find I get a better feel for it by going over the PP's myself. I have my own checklist I like to go thru to get an understanding of a race.

Dave Schwartz has a thread going on his Facebook page about story handicapping. I prefer to do that. Still use the ratings and the portfolios because they save so much time. But get an understanding of the race with your own intuition as well as the numbers.

That's a well-thought post.

Glad you are enjoying the Talking Handicapping group.

I think that at one time I was a pretty pure "numbers guy," but that changed when I realized that there was no way I could possibly have the sharpest numbers against the whales.

However, I am still a purely "systematic guy," and that makes it difficult for me to connect with the majority of horse players because they are some form of "story handicapper."

When I came up with the term Story Handicapper my definition was a guy who looked at the PPs for each horse and developed that horse's story. That was how I was taught to handicap back in 1978 by "Jimmy and Ken."

Jimmy was an intense trainer handicapper who tracked the winners of perhaps 100 trainers in about 50 categories at each of the tracks he played. His "Trainer Books" were legendary. He carried a number of 3" binders into the racebook every day.

Jimmy's approach was to start at the 10th paceline back...
"So, he ran in a 25k claimer and lost, then came back in a sprint for $32k, then a route at $25k, and then won in a sprint at $20k..."
Now, especially from the conversations in our group, the definition has morphed more towards The Story of the Race. This is more like, "The Early Speed horses will likely be 1,2,3 but the 3 does not have what it takes to win. The class edge horses are 2 & 4..."

What we are really trying to do is to meld the numbers concepts together with the story in such a way that the we can come to a logical, value-based conclusion without killing the player with a lot of labor-intensive calculations.

This conversation is helping me understand what other players do, as opposed to saying, "Here, just do it my way."

Best to everyone,
Dave Schwartz

Last edited by Dave Schwartz; 10-25-2017 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Added a sentence
Dave Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-25-2017, 10:04 PM   #7
Helles

I purchased the software. The video training that comes with the program is excellent. Michael Pizzolla is very charismatic and an excellent teacher. The software also comes with a 60-day money back guarantee, “no questions asked”.

The ValueCapper screen is logically laid out and provides tons of information. I was very impressed with the information the program gives one to help make decisions. One is of course looking for VALUE. That could be a horse going off at 5/1 or 30/1. YOU decide if a play has value. But, the program does provide target odds one should demand on each horse. I give the program an A+

One of the most impressive features is the ability to filter races using different criteria. For instance, show me races with a lot of early pressure with a lone closer. Or races with Value Investment Potential plus. I.e. VIP+. A horse that we like, that the public shouldn’t and it has extra things going for it such as an Advanced Form Pattern.

This really is a very sophisticated piece of software. I’ve not even scratched the surface of its features.

Having said all this, I returned it. I was betting too many races. I couldn’t get the feel for which horses were really a solid investment. Yes, I hit some juicy prices, but watched many more of my horses finish up the track. And I’m not saying that was ValueCapper’s fault. Like I said, I couldn’t get a feel for the best bets to make.

No questions were asked and I received an immediate and full refund. The Post Time Solutions outfit seemed to me to be well-organized and first-class.

I can recommend giving it a try as I have no doubt there are people that CAN make money using the software. I wasn’t sure if I was one of them so I bailed before the 60 days was up and I would be unable to return it.
Helles is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-01-2017, 07:29 PM   #8
KPMats10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helles View Post
I purchased the software. The video training that comes with the program is excellent. Michael Pizzolla is very charismatic and an excellent teacher. The software also comes with a 60-day money back guarantee, “no questions asked”.

The ValueCapper screen is logically laid out and provides tons of information. I was very impressed with the information the program gives one to help make decisions. One is of course looking for VALUE. That could be a horse going off at 5/1 or 30/1. YOU decide if a play has value. But, the program does provide target odds one should demand on each horse. I give the program an A+

One of the most impressive features is the ability to filter races using different criteria. For instance, show me races with a lot of early pressure with a lone closer. Or races with Value Investment Potential plus. I.e. VIP+. A horse that we like, that the public shouldn’t and it has extra things going for it such as an Advanced Form Pattern.

This really is a very sophisticated piece of software. I’ve not even scratched the surface of its features.

Having said all this, I returned it. I was betting too many races. I couldn’t get the feel for which horses were really a solid investment. Yes, I hit some juicy prices, but watched many more of my horses finish up the track. And I’m not saying that was ValueCapper’s fault. Like I said, I couldn’t get a feel for the best bets to make.

No questions were asked and I received an immediate and full refund. The Post Time Solutions outfit seemed to me to be well-organized and first-class.

I can recommend giving it a try as I have no doubt there are people that CAN make money using the software. I wasn’t sure if I was one of them so I bailed before the 60 days was up and I would be unable to return it.
Curious as to what the price was. I don't feel like sitting through a four video sales pitch to find out.
KPMats10 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-02-2017, 10:40 AM   #9
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPMats10 View Post
Curious as to what the price was. I don't feel like sitting through a four video sales pitch to find out.
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...=140163&page=3

On a previous thread, it was quoted as 1797.00 for newbies and around 1300 if you already owned black magic. See post #44 in above link.
Old 11-02-2017, 10:12 PM   #10
SandyW

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPMats10 View Post
The four video's are much more informative than sale pitch. I never bought any of his products, but have learned and used a lot of Pizzolla's info and thoughts to make me a winning handicapper.
The man loves what he does and never ever presses you to buy anything.
SandyW is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-09-2022, 03:14 AM   #11
JohnA

Cost Of Wizard's Forum and Unlimited Monthly Downloads???

Michael Pizzolla's sales videos give you the price of the ValueCapper software package.
He obliquely adds that you can have a monthly low price for unlimited downloads if you join his Wizards Forum. BUT - He doesn't say what either item costs.
His concepts look interesting and $1,797.00 for the software is doable.
Spending $1,797.00 without knowing the cost to download the data to use the software is not doable.

Can anybody tell me what the Wizard Forum + Monthly Unlimited Data costs?
JohnA is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-09-2022, 06:56 AM   #12
Brisk Urging
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnA View Post
Michael Pizzolla's sales videos give you the price of the ValueCapper software package.
He obliquely adds that you can have a monthly low price for unlimited downloads if you join his Wizards Forum. BUT - He doesn't say what either item costs.
His concepts look interesting and $1,797.00 for the software is doable.
Spending $1,797.00 without knowing the cost to download the data to use the software is not doable.

Can anybody tell me what the Wizard Forum + Monthly Unlimited Data costs?
Pretty sure $129
Brisk Urging is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-09-2022, 07:21 AM   #13
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

$124!
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-09-2022, 07:20 PM   #14
JohnA

Thanks for the replies on data costs

Thanks "Brisk Urging" and "Speed Figures" for your replies.

Those numbers are acceptable - not a problem for me.
I'm cautious about "pulling the trigger" for two reasons and it's not the money for the data or the program.
#1.) I don't like the fact that he doesn't lay out all the costs up front. That's not acceptable and implies deception.
#2.) Over the space of a couple of weeks I've used the contact function on their site to twice ask the same question I posted here. I received no answer. I tried again yesterday. We'll see what happens.
If I don't get an answer from them, I'll assume it's a schlock operation not worthy of my confidence or my money.
JohnA is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-09-2022, 10:33 PM   #15
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnA View Post
Thanks "Brisk Urging" and "Speed Figures" for your replies.

Those numbers are acceptable - not a problem for me.
I'm cautious about "pulling the trigger" for two reasons and it's not the money for the data or the program.
#1.) I don't like the fact that he doesn't lay out all the costs up front. That's not acceptable and implies deception.
#2.) Over the space of a couple of weeks I've used the contact function on their site to twice ask the same question I posted here. I received no answer. I tried again yesterday. We'll see what happens.
If I don't get an answer from them, I'll assume it's a schlock operation not worthy of my confidence or my money.
I assure you it is 100% legit, Michael responds personally most of the time within a few hours. Not sure what email you are writing to.

He laid out all the costs for me right up front, even told me not to purchase Black Magic because at the time Valuecapper was to be released in 6 months and he suggested I wait. I have never dealt with a better guy than Michael Pizzolla.
mhaney0423 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: