Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-15-2024, 07:14 PM   #16
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Demonstrations aren't effective when they are on the sidewalk.

They are not effective blocking roads, it makes people caught in the mess hate them even more. I bet protesting recruits more foes than friends.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2024, 07:15 PM   #17
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
That's what they said on January 6...then look what happened...I wonder if these folks will be hunted down like enemies of the state when this "demonstration" is over...hmmmmmmmm
Well...attacking the Capitol was a step above...
Old 04-15-2024, 07:16 PM   #18
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
but definitely, the biggest threat to America are all those MAGA white folks...

and by the way...look at them wearing their masks...you think that's for COVID? Nah brah...
Black masks signifies concealment of criminal behaviour
always has always will.
Criminals cheering for murderous annihilation like they always do.

Seems they have captured the young through colleges universities etc.

Lest we forget.
Old 04-15-2024, 07:20 PM   #19
woodtoo

Quote:
"Freedom of Assembly", in full display. It's in the Constitution.
C'mon man. Dude pay the fine its only fair to pay your share.

Last edited by woodtoo; 04-15-2024 at 07:22 PM.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2024, 07:24 PM   #20
tucker6

Quote:
Well...attacking the Capitol was a step above...
Nobody attacked the Capitol that day. Come on. It was the most peaceful protest I've seen in 5 years. Can you prove me wrong?
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2024, 07:32 PM   #21
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Nobody attacked the Capitol that day. Come on. It was the most peaceful protest I've seen in 5 years. Can you prove me wrong?
If you've read my posts here, you would see that I was the only one here who applauded that effort. Even the extreme Righties here backtracked after that event...and blamed the Antifa for instigating it. I called it what I really thought it was: The constitutionally protected demonstration of a disgruntled people against a tyrannical government which no longer represented them. And this opinion of mine was the reason that Mostpost and I got into our first and only argument here.
Old 04-15-2024, 07:57 PM   #22
jimmyb

if I call these 'peaceful protesters' Muslim morons id probably get arrested for a hate crime. But block traffic and shout death to America, that is democracy according to Kamala and the democrats.

I think I remember Joe Biden swearing on the bible saying he"d protect us from enemies, foreign and domestic. If shouting death to America on our own soil isn't someone posing as an enemy...
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2024, 08:09 PM   #23
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
if I call these 'peaceful protesters' Muslim morons id probably get arrested for a hate crime. But block traffic and shout death to America, that is democracy according to Kamala and the democrats.

I think I remember Joe Biden swearing on the bible saying he"d protect us from enemies, foreign and domestic. If shouting death to America on our own soil isn't someone posing as an enemy...
This is a hate crime.

I agree with you.
Old 04-15-2024, 08:11 PM   #24
tucker6

Quote:
If you've read my posts here, you would see that I was the only one here who applauded that effort. Even the extreme Righties here backtracked after that event...and blamed the Antifa for instigating it. I called it what I really thought it was: The constitutionally protected demonstration of a disgruntled people against a tyrannical government which no longer represented them. And this opinion of mine was the reason that Mostpost and I got into our first and only argument here.
J6 was the govt gaining more power versus the public. I don't know how we ever get it back. Well, I only have 20 years to go. It will be someone else's problem soon.
Old 04-15-2024, 08:32 PM   #25
thaskalos

Quote:
J6 was the govt gaining more power versus the public. I don't know how we ever get it back. Well, I only have 20 years to go. It will be someone else's problem soon.
You are younger than me...and you keep on saying that you "only have 20 more years to go". I don't get it...
Old 04-15-2024, 08:54 PM   #26
tucker6

Quote:
You are younger than me...and you keep on saying that you "only have 20 more years to go". I don't get it...
I don't want to live beyond a good life. 80 is good to me. Anything more seems to be diminishing returns. I want to go out with my wits about me. Not droll in a corner. I'm okay with dying. Not too early and not too late. Goldilocks. I know too many people who cling to life and live in misery. Many of them are devoutly religious, which I find fascinating. If heaven were so certain and good, why cling to life at all costs!! Methinks there is more doubt out there than people will speak about.

Don't take me wrong. I am actually an optimistic person. I simply know the limits of what is acceptable to me. I have already won the lottery of life. I'm playing with house money now.
Old 04-15-2024, 09:09 PM   #27
thaskalos

Quote:
I don't want to live beyond a good life. 80 is good to me. Anything more seems to be diminishing returns. I want to go out with my wits about me. Not droll in a corner. I'm okay with dying. Not too early and not too late. Goldilocks. I know too many people who cling to life and live in misery. Many of them are devoutly religious, which I find fascinating. If heaven were so certain and good, why cling to life at all costs!! Methinks there is more doubt out there than people will speak about.

Don't take me wrong. I am actually an optimistic person. I simply know the limits of what is acceptable to me. I have already won the lottery of life. I'm playing with house money now.
Sell the business, come to Vegas...and let's see if I can't change your mind about that.
Old 04-15-2024, 09:12 PM   #28
tucker6

Quote:
Sell the business, come to Vegas...and let's see if I can't change your mind about that.
maybe. Looking for new vistas. Never liked the brights lights in Vegas. I like the country.
Old 04-15-2024, 09:46 PM   #29
Inner Dirt

Quote:

I say it all depends on how well you are aging. When I was a young man I liked to pick old people's brains if they appeared intelligent, especially when I was 18 years old betting thoroughbreds. I struck up this conversation with this guy and we were hanging out at a bar that was not in use at Delmar. I was already doing my own Beyer figs and his form looked like it had trip notes. The guy then says "When I was around your age I lived on the east coast and saw Man O War run. I looked older than I was, great for buying alcohol and chasing college girls. I was like no way, this old goat was 70 at most.

He was 88 years old, sharp as a tack, and talked so fast it was hard to keep up with him. About a few years later I met a guy at a friend's garage, had a cane but wasn't using it much, big expensive cigar hanging out of his mouth and a flask of bourbon in his jacket. I said he was lucky to have a wife who did not complain about the cigars. He said 'Wife?, that is my daughter." He then told me he was freaking 97 years old.

As for me I seem to be aging in dog years, but medically I am playing with house money. I had a 50% chance to live 5 years at the age of 53 due to heart failure. I responded well to medications and turned 63 a couple months ago. First goal is to live longer than dad and grandpa that made it to 66, then the the known male family tree record of 72.

Females in the family get all the longevity, my grandma fell 45 days short of 100 and lived alone till 97. She took up golf at 88. You would consider her diet heart attack on a plate. Southern cooking lot's of fried foods, mash potatoes, gravy, roast beef. Always served desert, cookie jar full of cookies, etc,etc. Breakfast, bacon, eggs, pancakes and waffles. She was not even overweight and did not take medications till she hit her 90's.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2024, 11:07 PM   #30
davew

I can't wait for the summer of love in Chicago 2024. It should even be better than the 1999 protests in Seattle over the WTO meeting.

davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply