Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 61 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-17-2014, 12:46 AM   #691
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses
And yet, THIS President can barely score approval ratings better than (in your words) one of our worst presidents of all time, George W. Bush.

Forget about conservatives...how come the American public hasn't bought into him? Why are his approval ratings so low if indeed he has been such a miracle worker, as your graphic is trying to convince us that he is?

Riddle me that.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2014, 12:47 AM   #692
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Laugh it up, and keep worshiping your war criminals.
Obama has plenty of blood on his hands, and would be regarded as a war criminal as well, if only he had the (R) next to his name, instead of the beloved (D).

How many innocent people has he killed with all those drone strikes on sovereign nations that we are NOT officially at war with? After all, Congress has to declare war, right buddy?

Also, how many American soldiers have died in Afghanistan since Obama moved into the White House...compare that to Bush...

Obama 1657 vs. Bush 575

If you can find substantially different statistics, bring em' on.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 12-17-2014 at 12:54 AM.
Old 12-17-2014, 01:24 AM   #693
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage

Forget about conservatives...how come the American public hasn't bought into him? Why are his approval ratings so low if indeed he has been such a miracle worker, as your graphic is trying to convince us that he is?
And for some inconceivable reason, the approval ratings for his policies, taken one by one, are even lower than his overall approval ratings. I can only assume that to mean that there are people that still have faith in the man despite the failure of his policies.

Still crazy after all these years.
Old 12-17-2014, 06:49 AM   #694
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
And for some inconceivable reason, the approval ratings for his policies, taken one by one, are even lower than his overall approval ratings. I can only assume that to mean that there are people that still have faith in the man despite the failure of his policies.

I think that it has more to do with the D in front of his name. When all else fails, support your party mentality.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2014, 07:45 AM   #695
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Obama 1657 vs. Bush 575

That help clarify things?
Old 12-17-2014, 08:08 AM   #696
lamboguy

i feel just as bad for the 575 families that lost their kids during Bush as the 1657 during Obama so far.

i think the worst thing that he is helping to collapse is going on right now, the oil market.

on the surface this looks great because consumers are now seeing real money in their pockets and supposedly we are punishing the enemy in the form of Iran and Russia. but i honesty can say that when Obama was going to school, Putin was coming home. this deal with the low oil prices is not to going end up good.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2014, 08:30 PM   #697
horses4courses

chance of returning to the WH, assuming that
he can manage to stay out of prison. Think about it.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2014, 01:59 AM   #698
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Quote:
Rush Revere Series?
Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2014, 03:10 AM   #699
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage

Also, how many American soldiers have died in Afghanistan since Obama moved into the White House...compare that to Bush...

Obama 1657 vs. Bush 575

If you can find substantially different statistics, bring em' on.
Apparently you just can't digest the fact that GWB started the war with Afghanistan in 2001. That makes Afghanistan just another in a long list of mistakes made by GWB that Obama had to clean up.

I know this fact is hard for you to grasp so I'll put it in a way that even a Yankee fan may understand. GWB was the U.S. starting pitcher. Officially, he went 3 innings, gave up 9 hits, 3 walks, a couple wild pitches, and was pulled with the US team down 9-0. Even worse, GWB left the game in the top of the 4th inning with the bases loaded and nobody out. In comes Obama in relief....

The U.S winds up losing the game 13-2. Do U.S. baseball fans everywhere scream Obama was the reason we lost the game? Who gets credit for the loss?
Old 12-18-2014, 07:19 AM   #700
tucker6

The Taliban and Al Queda living in Afghanistan planned and executed nearly 3,000 Americans on 9/11. Was it really a mistake to seek retribution against those who committed such an atrocity? What would President NJ Stinks have done? Meet up with Osama at a bar and have a beer to discuss things over?

The war in Afghanistan was against the terrorists living and running that country, and that were continuing to promote terrorism on a growing basis. You'd be hard pressed to find many people that consider going into Afghanistan a mistake. Understanding when to get out is another matter entirely, but we had to respond to planes hitting buildings.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2014, 07:34 AM   #701
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6
The Taliban and Al Queda living in Afghanistan planned and executed nearly 3,000 Americans on 9/11. Was it really a mistake to seek retribution against those who committed such an atrocity? What would President NJ Stinks have done? Meet up with Osama at a bar and have a beer to discuss things over?

The war in Afghanistan was against the terrorists living and running that country, and that were continuing to promote terrorism on a growing basis. You'd be hard pressed to find many people that consider going into Afghanistan a mistake. Understanding when to get out is another matter entirely, but we had to respond to planes hitting buildings.
if it was up to me, i would have blown the whole place up, and maybe do the same with Iraq, Iran, Pakistan and all the oil over there as well. they are all cancer's where the cells are multiplying real fast. you got to get them before they can get you..
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2014, 10:37 AM   #702
woodtoo

Obamas response to N.Korea hacking and threatening carnage on American soil.

"go to the movies......"

that's all folks

thanks boss
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-19-2014, 02:44 AM   #703
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6

Unlike Iraq, attacking Afghanistan made sense. Unfortunately, Bush concentrated war efforts on Iraq and had no exit strategy for either war. Hence, Obama was left to clean up both messes.

PA made the point that more American soldiers died in Afghanistan after Obama took office than when GWB was president - as if that makes Obama more of war monger or less of a leader somehow. My point was and is that Obama had to address huge problems dropped in his lap by GWB. The solution was to increase military efforts in the only place we should have attacked to begin with (Afghanistan) while slowly withdrawing from Iraq.

To me PA's point is absurd. Obama did what GWB should have done years ago.
Old 12-19-2014, 06:34 AM   #704
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker

It could also mean that those national companies taking polls are agenda driven as well, especially the kind such as the discredited ABC-CNN-NBC polls or laughable Huffington Post ones.

There is no law whatsoever that says it is illegal to produce false results of a poll taken. Aside from their 'word' where's the proof that any of these polls are actually taken, aside from the computer driven ones? And that's flawed to no end too.

Some may counter and say their credibility and reputation is at risk but these companies have repeatedly shown to have cared less about any credibility issue. The dupes and sycophants that promote and endorse these organizations have credibility issues themselves.

Please note all the incumbent Democrats that have lost races and their offices -- local, state and national -- throughout the country since 2010. Now that is the true meaningful 'poll' on Obama's popularity (or lack thereof), regardless what the 'media' tell us.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-19-2014, 10:59 AM   #705
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks
Apparently you just can't digest the fact that GWB started the war with Afghanistan in 2001. That makes Afghanistan just another in a long list of mistakes made by GWB that Obama had to clean up.

I know this fact is hard for you to grasp so I'll put it in a way that even a Yankee fan may understand. GWB was the U.S. starting pitcher. Officially, he went 3 innings, gave up 9 hits, 3 walks, a couple wild pitches, and was pulled with the US team down 9-0. Even worse, GWB left the game in the top of the 4th inning with the bases loaded and nobody out. In comes Obama in relief....

The U.S winds up losing the game 13-2. Do U.S. baseball fans everywhere scream Obama was the reason we lost the game? Who gets credit for the loss?
I guess I can't count you then, among the long line of left-leaning folks on here and elsewhere who spouted consistently that Afghanistan was the JUST war...while Iraq was the UNJUST war.

Thus, you can't really go and blame Bush for Afghanistan...it has the left-wing seal of approval.