Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-02-2017, 08:01 PM   #76
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
a very interesting discussion over on the Religion thread.
Winner, winner, chicken dinner: Oxymoron of the Year.
Old 04-02-2017, 08:24 PM   #77
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Winner, winner, chicken dinner: Oxymoron of the Year.
Well, I don't recall inviting you over for that discussion. I'd say for good reason, wouldn't you?
Old 04-02-2017, 08:46 PM   #78
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Well, I don't recall inviting you over for that discussion.
I didn't realize it was by invitation only!
Old 04-02-2017, 10:50 PM   #79
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
I didn't realize it was by invitation only!
I figured only another professing Christian would be interested, which is why my remarks were made to ShowMe.
Old 04-03-2017, 12:15 AM   #80
MikeH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
More fake news, Dan.
The law of the land is that women are free to murder their babies.

No one is stopping them.
I totally agree.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:32 AM   #81
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
I was referring to other aspects of women's health care.. Trumpcare made concessions to the Freedom Caucus that would have eliminated the essential care requirement, which covered things like maternity care, pre-existing conditions, and mental health care. All this in addition to the slashing of Medicaid funds.
So what does Planned Parenthood provide women that Obamacare doesn't?
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2017, 09:34 AM   #82
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits View Post
Truer words have never been typed here.

The Pro-Life rail and rail but you don't see them becoming involved in foster care, or considering adoption of even a preschool or elementary age child. Sure, maybe there would be some interest in newborns.

Still, good luck little ones.
You know this how? I personally know conservatives that have fostered many kids, and have also adopted. Even then, I make no generalization that liberals don't foster or adopt.

Go google the studies that show conservatives and the religious are the most charitable. Liberals are more often charitable with other people's money, which makes them not charitable at all.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2017, 09:38 AM   #83
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
Huge problem.

My prescription would be to stop normalizing having kids out of wedlock as we have done in recent decades, start promoting charitable contributions heavily, start promoting good foster care, and allocate significant funds to care for unwanted babies until we change the culture and reduce the problem (which could be a very very very long time given all the damage we have done).

In my idealistically delusional libertarian la la land (the difference being that I know my version is la la land as opposed to liberals who are in la la land now but don't know it) the culture would be changed, the problem would be reduced, and successful people would be so generous there would be no need for a government stop gap.
There is no lack of homes for those who need adoption. If you investigate the issue, you'll find that all or most all who need adoption or fostering are older kids with significant physical or mental issues. Understandably these are harder to place though of course we'd all hope that they do find their forever home with a loving family who is financially and mentally able to help them with their issues.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:44 AM   #84
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits View Post
I applaud you!! But, I'm sorry, if this were totally not true, if this was the norm, of many pro--lifers, we would not have a problem, state to state, county to county, nationwide of foster care programs in need.

It seems that the aging process of couples who've been foster parents for years is a factor. Younger couples are not as interested. To be honest, prolife or prochoice, it doesn't matter. Every child deserves a home.

This is one opinion piece.

https://chronicleofsocialchange.org/...er-homes/20504
And how did you determine that those who don't want to foster are all conservative or even a majority conservative?

Another topic are the bad fosters out there, the ones who do it for the money. I'm guessing most of those aren't conservative.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:54 AM   #85
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
5 pioneer feminists against abortion:

1. Elizabeth Stanton was clear that she considered abortion to be a form of infanticide, and therefore rejected it totally. She also blamed men for abortion, saying that it was a symptom of the oppression of women (rather than a sign of their empowerment!),

2. Susan B. Anthony viewed abortion as an evil consequence of the oppression of women by men, and not a tool of their empowerment. In her famous 1875 speech “Social Purity,” she denounces abortion alongside adultery, rape, and infanticide as examples of symptoms of the mistreatment of women by men,

3. Mary Wollstonecraft viewed abortion as a symptom of the mistreatment of women by men. In Vindication of the Rights of Women, she wrote that a lack of education for women means they “have not sufficient strength to discharge the first duty of a mother” and “either destroy the embryo in the womb, or cast it off when born. Nature in everything demands respect … men ought to maintain the women they have seduced."

4. Sarah F. Norton “child murder” and “infant butchery,” longing for the day when “the right of the unborn to be born will not be denied or interfered with” and

5. Dr. Elizabeth Blackwell, the first woman graduate of an American medical school. “The gross perversion and destruction of motherhood by the abortionist filled me with indignation, and awakened active antagonism. That the honorable term “female physician” should be exclusively applied to those women who carried on this shocking trade seemed to me a horror. It was an utter degradation of what might and should become a noble position for women…I finally determined to do what I could do “to redeem the hells,” and especially the one form of hell thus forced upon my notice.”

These early feminists viewed mistreatment of women by men the reason for the existence of abortion, as abortion benefited men to the detriment of women.
Many liberals don't even know that their beloved Planned Parenthood was created to exterminate blacks. How many conservative institutions who were created with that intent would've survived the appropriate onslaught of disgust? But PP skates clear.
Old 04-03-2017, 10:25 AM   #86
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
Many liberals don't even know that their beloved Planned Parenthood was created to exterminate blacks. How many conservative institutions who were created with that intent would've survived the appropriate onslaught of disgust? But PP skates clear.
http://www.politifact.com/new-hampsh...mericans-shou/

Quote:
...no relation to historical reality
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2017, 01:24 PM   #87
Fager Fan
Veteran

Try some more research instead of the one you cherry picked.

http://liveactionnews.org/7-shocking...hoods-founder/

The list is long, so I will leave it in your capable hands to find them all.

This woman was despicable. Liberals don't forgive far less transgressions than those of Sanger, so it's amazing that they defend anything associated with her.
Old 04-03-2017, 02:10 PM   #88
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
Try some more research instead of the one you cherry picked.

http://liveactionnews.org/7-shocking...hoods-founder/

https://rewire.news/article/2015/08/...e-black-women/
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2017, 02:21 PM   #89
Fager Fan
Veteran

Bad attempt in that opinion piece. Try again. I do understand that liberals are doing their best to defend Sanger because they have to defend PP, but sorry, her quotes are her quotes and no whitewash and spin can change them.
Old 04-03-2017, 02:57 PM   #90
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
Why do you persist in trying to confuse Fager Fan with the facts? Can't you just let him live in his fantasies?