Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 41 votes, 4.54 average.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:50 PM   #16
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Goren
I don't know about Patton or MacArthur, but I wish they could find an Ike or a Grant.
I like to see Trump on a bicycle, trying to keep his wig on.
So you think you are being viewed intelligent enough to even fill the position as a porter, hardly qualified enough to shine Trump's shoes.

Myself I would look for a similar caliber to Norman Schwarzkopf, and tell him to kill them all.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2015, 11:29 AM   #17
magwell

Found this Interesting

Trump in a strange way brings to the fore the lack of straight talk by both parties on issues that bother many Americans.Besides not really addressing them in a forthright manner they actually lie and deflect the concerns of many of the poor and the middle class with what they think is politically correct statements. To make matters worse the media under the threat of no access to the halls of power go along with this nonsense and in some cases make apologies for people who should be thrown out of office.

Trump stirs the pot and upsets the game plans of not only the Republican party but also of the Democrats when he gets people to talk in public about things the major parties refuse to discuss in a rational manner. His very bold statements all have a kernel of truth as their basis and gets people thinking. What both major parties do not want is a restless mass of voters who cannot be depended upon to blindly follow the party line which in most cases is killing the middle class
. He just might shake up the process enough to make sure that some people who think they should be a shoo in just might not be in many of the 2016 races. It would nice to see some of the powerful inept kicked out of office by a ground swell of disgust no matter what party affiliation......
Old 06-29-2015, 09:24 AM   #18
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magwell
Trump in a strange way brings to the fore the lack of straight talk by both parties on issues that bother many Americans.Besides not really addressing them in a forthright manner they actually lie and deflect the concerns of many of the poor and the middle class with what they think is politically correct statements. To make matters worse the media under the threat of no access to the halls of power go along with this nonsense and in some cases make apologies for people who should be thrown out of office.

Trump stirs the pot and upsets the game plans of not only the Republican party but also of the Democrats when he gets people to talk in public about things the major parties refuse to discuss in a rational manner. His very bold statements all have a kernel of truth as their basis and gets people thinking. What both major parties do not want is a restless mass of voters who cannot be depended upon to blindly follow the party line which in most cases is killing the middle class
. He just might shake up the process enough to make sure that some people who think they should be a shoo in just might not be in many of the 2016 races. It would nice to see some of the powerful inept kicked out of office by a ground swell of disgust no matter what party affiliation......
Well done, magwell.

Donald Trump, at the moment not in my personal top tier of GOP hopefuls, is exactly what the party needs if they expect to win in 2016. Officially, of course, the establishment GOP are silent but they hate Trump's presence in the race, mark my words.

In the upcoming debates would any RINO candidate ask Jeb Bush about the failed presidency of Pappy and G.W.? No, probably, but Trump might.

In the upcoming debates would any RINO candidate ask Jeb! about his stand on Common Core and open borders and amnesty and ask how he'll expect the base to vote for such a guy since both of these positions are out of the mainstream. No, probably, but Trump might.

In the upcoming debates would any RINO candidate ask Jeb! how could he call himself a conservative when he hasn't taken one policy position that would be defined as a conservative position. Or even ask him if he ever campaigned for a bonafide conservative candidate since he left office over 10 years ago. No, probably, but Trump might.

In the upcoming debates would any RINO candidate ask Chris Christie how could he call himself a conservative when he regularly named far left liberal judges to the N.J. State Courts while governor? No, probably, but Trump might.

In the upcoming debates would any RINO candidate ask Chris Christie how could he say being a governor is the best qualification for being president when Christie's own record is that of total failure. N.J. job growth under Christie ranks 49th or 50th in the USA; state deficits at all-time highs, and much, much more. No, probably, but Trump might.

To those conservative candidates Trump will put them on the spot also, by forcing them to crystallize their policy and agenda, and on how they plan to implement their positions.

So, Trump, may very well wind up being the real hero as this 2016 presidential campaign plays out.

Trump will expose the RINO phonies such as Bush, Christie, Romney, Kasich, Pataki as fakes, frauds and losers.

Trump will also expose those conservative phonies such as Rand Paul, Marco Rubio, Mike Huckabee and Lindsay Graham as well.

The days of the establishment GOP picking their favored candidates who will then try to avoid going on record on all the important issues on the minds of Americans are now over. The mainstream GOP usual game plan of just saying 'vote for us we're better than Obama or Hillary' are now over, too, thanks to Donald Trump.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2015, 09:41 AM   #19
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Trump has what the rest lack - balls.
I hope he takes this a long ways just to see the other dipsticks get forced into actually acting like they want to win.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:56 AM   #20
Greyfox

A great First Lady compared to the present one?

Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2015, 11:11 AM   #21
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
A great First Lady compared to the present one?

Really? You had to go there...

Who gives a flying F about the first lady (or first man should Hillary win)?

You sound like a supermarket tabloid...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2015, 11:25 AM   #22
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Really? You had to go there...

Who gives a flying F about the first lady (or first man should Hillary win)?

You sound like a supermarket tabloid...
If Hillary wasn't married to Bill, she wouldn't have reached first base in becoming a candidate. Fact.
A lot of Democrats will vote for Hillary because Bill has her back.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:27 AM   #23
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Hey, intangibles can sway the voters......
Old 06-29-2015, 11:32 AM   #24
horses4courses

Trade-in time

What's that for Trump, wife #3?
He's getting pretty close to trade-in time, don't ya think?

By the time he makes the WH in 2017, he'll likely have
a newer, younger model. Wi-fi installed, no doubt.

That will make for an even better photo op for ya, GF
chance of returning to the WH, assuming that
he can manage to stay out of prison. Think about it.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2015, 11:47 AM   #25
magwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses
What's that for Trump, wife #3?
He's getting pretty close to trade-in time, don't ya think?

By the time he makes the WH in 2017, he'll likely have
a newer, younger model. Wi-fi installed, no doubt.

That will make for an even better photo op for ya, GF
Yep I'm just as jealous as you are, btw I like your optimism of Trump in the WH .....
Old 06-29-2015, 12:02 PM   #26
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Getting lots of mileage out of his anti Mexico stance
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2015, 12:16 PM   #27
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
Getting lots of mileage out of his anti Mexico stance
Trump has very good ideas on Foreign Policy (Iraq, Arabia, China, and Russia), Domestic Policy (stimulating work in America), and the Military's Role.

He would restore America's status in the world that has been so badly damaged under the last two Presidents.

The main problem Trump faces in selling himself as President is his own narcissistic bullying personality, which is sometimes hard to take.

But I'd lean towards the guy if he gets the GOP nomination.
He's decisive, a straight shooter, and would clean the dead-wood ("You're Fired!") out of the Civil Service.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:21 PM   #28
horses4courses

I won't disagree with anything you say about Trump.
He's the perfect GOP candidate for 2016, imo.

Don't let the fact bother you that the Dems could beat him
with even Rosie O'Donnell being nominated as his opponent.
chance of returning to the WH, assuming that
he can manage to stay out of prison. Think about it.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2015, 12:27 PM   #29
johnhannibalsmith

If you thought Obama was hard to take as an overreaching executive, I find it hard to believe that the same person could be too excited about the Donald. This guy doesn't strike me as the cat to bring the three allegedly equal branches back into a checks and balances utopia. He's the best actor since Reagan and would be fun as hell, but I don't really get the genuine conservative appeal here. And that's if you really believe this is about anything more than his brand enlarging acumen at getting broader exposure than he could buy for ten times the price taking the road always traveled.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2015, 12:31 PM   #30
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Trump is neither liberal or conservative. He's Trump, and that's all he is...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply