Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Library

Old 06-26-2016, 06:29 PM   #16
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper
HAHAHA!!!

Steve Davidowitz is an ambassador of the game. I doubt he puts his ROI ahead of any help he can provide for the game as a whole.
I don't doubt it for a second
Old 06-27-2016, 05:33 PM   #17
outofthebox

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoxFan
If the info in the book is so great, why is it for sale at that price? Would it not cause his roi on the plays to go down? I subscribed to his site grade one racing and felt ripped off in the end and won't give him another penny.
I have finished it. It has no handicapping angles or lessons. Just strategies of his own and some of the well known tournament players around how to structure tickets. At least that's my take on it.
outofthebox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2016, 01:11 PM   #18
Parkview_Pirate

preliminary review

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofthebox
I have finished it. It has no handicapping angles or lessons. Just strategies of his own and some of the well known tournament players around how to structure tickets. At least that's my take on it.
Looks like that so far - sort of a combo of Crist's exotic wagering strategies, and habits of successful bettors.

Part 1 describes the premise of the book - the lack of dumb money in today's pools, and how the "big days" of a track's card with plenty of stakes races provide the most lucrative opportunity. Davidowitz also mentions some details around his background, including some health issues.

Part 2 contains responses from eight other pros on the same set of questions about their approach when playing the "big days". Davidowitz answers these questions as well, and there's a reprint of the Paulick Report interview with Andy Serling.

Part 3 contains more details on betting exotics, by wager type. There's also some appendices with additional info.

My first impression is that if I picked this book up off the shelf at the bookstore, I'd buy it because it does contain numerous examples of handicapping with relevant PPs. I'm a fan of his, and his other books are well worth the investment. What I've read so far does provide some insight on what constitutes a "value" race or bet, so if nothing else you can avoid the wagers the whales are making.....

I'll provide some more feedback when I've read all of it.
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2016, 01:15 PM   #19
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoxFan
If the info in the book is so great, why is it for sale at that price? Would it not cause his roi on the plays to go down? I subscribed to his site grade one racing and felt ripped off in the end and won't give him another penny.
I haven't seen too many posts about that Grade 1 Racing site, but I suspect that you would be hard pressed to find a selection service that worked well over time. Just the nature of those beasts. I'm always suspicious of anyone selling their plays, especially in football.
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2016, 12:19 PM   #20
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Thanks for the review - nothing I'd be interested in.
You saved me $25.

Beer's on me.....if you ever find me!