Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-26-2022, 06:50 PM   #31
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
You need to look beyond the surface. In the first paragraph of the CNBC article it states. “NBC News Reported Today”. That is a link to the NBC News story, which is about “People familiar with his thinking”. That’s how we found out about this. As I clearly stated previously, Biden found out a week ago directly from Breyer. How, I could not say. It might have been by email, by phone call, in person. Don’t know, don’t care.
You're the one looking on the surface! Breyer made a decision and told other people about it. But according to Epoch Times story, BiteMe said this:

“There has been no announcement from Justice Breyer—let him make whatever statement he wants to make, and I’m happy to talk about it later,” he said.

If Biden found out a week ago "directly from Breyer", why would he say that Breyer hasn't made any announcement? Why wouldn't Biden not talk now about that week old phone call, email, or whatever instead of waiting "to talk about it later"?

I betcha I know what happened: Breyer really talked to Obama (since BO is really running the D.C. ship) and BO never sent Joe Dementia the memo. Either that or Dear Leader forgot all about getting it, which is highly likely.
Old 01-26-2022, 06:55 PM   #32
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
Why would she want to be a Supreme Court justice when she could be President? That is an absolute nonstarter.

The Dems know that she could never win an election as the presidential candidate. Getting her out of the way is their only hope for 2024. So I guess it would come down to her hoping Joe resigns so that she could get her 1-2 years in the limelight or her being a team player and taking a prestigious move to the SCOTUS.
Old 01-26-2022, 08:53 PM   #33
GaryG
Unreconstructed

Well, they have a lesbian and a latina already. A black woman would complete the trifecta.
Old 01-26-2022, 10:08 PM   #34
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryG View Post
Well, they have a lesbian and a latina already. A black woman would complete the trifecta.
they need a transgender in transition
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2022, 10:16 PM   #35
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryG View Post
A 3 box tri
Old 01-26-2022, 10:54 PM   #36
tamaharbor

Isn’t Harris actually half British Jamaican and half Indian? I don’t consider either of those to be ‘black’.
tamaharbor is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2022, 11:19 PM   #37
formula_2002
what an easy game.

...and with the advice and consent of the Senate, the judges of the supreme court shall be appointed.

The "advice and consent senate hearings" will be a telling moment in US history.

" I pass with relief from the tossing sea of cause and theory to the firm ground of result and fact"
Winston Churchill
formula_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2022, 11:25 PM   #38
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula_2002 View Post
The "advice and consent senate hearings" will be a telling moment in US history.
As telling as the murder of an unarmed protestor trying to climb through a broken window in the Capitol building...a protester who was within spitting distance of at least two heavily armed / armored law enforcement / SWAT officers who could have easily placed her into custody without incident in about 5 seconds?

That kind of telling?
Old 01-27-2022, 12:49 AM   #39
formula_2002
what an easy game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
As telling as the murder of an unarmed protestor trying to climb through a broken window in the Capitol building...a protester who was within spitting distance of at least two heavily armed / armored law enforcement / SWAT officers who could have easily placed her into custody without incident in about 5 seconds?

That kind of telling?
I wish someone suggested to the poor woman that it would be prudent to Pursue Equal representation in a peaceful and fairly judged manner to best of one's ability, and I hope that the hearings will be conducted in the same way.

" I pass with relief from the tossing sea of cause and theory to the firm ground of result and fact"
Winston Churchill
formula_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2022, 12:53 AM   #40
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula_2002 View Post
I wish someone suggested to the poor woman that it would be prudent to Pursue Equal representation in a peaceful and fairly judged manner to best of one's ability, and I hope that the hearings will be conducted in the same way.
I'm not surprised you turn a blind eye towards fascism.

If that were an abortion rights activist or someone protesting a Trump supreme court nominee (you remember those guys trying to break into the SCOTUS building), you'd be screaming bloody murder...literally...

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 01-27-2022 at 12:54 AM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2022, 01:19 AM   #41
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

What a dilemma Biden has for his nominee.....Diamond or Silk?
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2022, 01:32 AM   #42
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Old 01-27-2022, 07:21 AM   #43
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaharbor View Post
Isn’t Harris actually half British Jamaican and half Indian? I don’t consider either of those to be ‘black’.
Well then you haven't been properly briefed by the people who decide those things.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2022, 08:07 AM   #44
Marshall Bennett

I've always thought it was against the law to hire according to skin color.
Marshall Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2022, 08:22 AM   #45
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
I've always thought it was against the law to hire according to skin color.
Since when have dimwits paid attention to the law. In fact...the SCOTUS is set to hear a case on race-based college admissions soon. That should be interesting.