Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 02:30 PM   #1
Bubba X
Veteran

What the extreme right really cares about

All this talk about taxes, spending and foreign policy is all interesting. But when it comes down to it, the GOP is, in the end, largely about religion. With the rebirth of the Republican Party well on its way with its "return to conservative principles," let's see how that has worked out lately:

Jerry Falwell
Fallwell: "The anti-Christ is, by necessity, a Jew."

John McCain: "Dr. Falwell was a man of distinguished accomplishment who devoted his life to serving his faith and country."

Pat Robertson
Robertson: Long time purveyor of anti-semitism. Said Israeli Prime Minister Sharon's severe stroke was "retaliation from God."

Robertson: "You say you're supposed to be nice to the Episcopalians and the Presbyterians and the Methodists and this, that, and the other thing. Nonsense. I don't have to be nice to the spirit of the Antichrist."

Rudy Giuliani: "His (Robertson's) advice is invaluable and his friendship is even more invaluable."

John Hagee
Hagee: In his most famous rant Hagee blames the Jewish people themselves for anti-semitism, saying:

"Their own rebellion had birthed the seed of anti-Semitism that would arise and bring destruction to them for centuries to come…. it rises from the judgment of God upon his rebellious chosen people.”

Mike Huckabee: "He (Hagee) is one of America's great leaders. "

One could go on and on and on. Hopefully, we will see more termpered rhetoric from our esteemed Christian leaders in the future as well as a less desperate-seeming slate of GOP candidates.

Old 04-20-2009, 02:44 PM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I wonder if you would label me an "extreme right."
Old 04-20-2009, 03:11 PM   #3
BlueShoe

How many?

So how many pages could we fill up with asinine remarks from those on the Left?Btw,not all on the Right are Evangelicals,or even devout.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:09 PM   #4
ddog

I think you misread the Pugs, they are about the shroud of religion but were really all about getting paid. The left has their Rev Al and Jesses ,etc. bu they are all about getting paid as well.
There is nothing wrong with getting paid unless it's ALL about getting paid.

here's an interesting article(imo) while not directly on point it bears still i think.

Demographics & Depression
by David P. Goldman
Copyright (c) 2009 First Things (May 2009).

Three generations of economists immersed themselves in study of the Great Depression, determined to prevent a recurrence of the awful events of the 1930s. And as our current financial crisis began to unfold in 2008, policymakers did everything that those economists prescribed. Following John Maynard Keynes, President Bush and President Obama each offered a fiscal stimulus. The Federal Reserve maintained confidence in the financial system, increased the money supply, and lowered interest rates. The major industrial nations worked together, rather than at cross purposes as they had in the early 1930s.
In other words, the government tried to do everything right, but everything continues to go wrong. We labored hard and traveled long to avoid a new depression, but one seems to have found us, nonetheless.
So is this something outside the lesson book of the Great Depression? Most officials and economists argue that, until home prices stabilize, necrosis will continue to spread through the assets of the financial system, and consumers will continue to restrict spending. The sources of the present crisis reach into the capillary system of the economy: the most basic decisions and requirements of American households. All the apparatus of financial engineering is helpless beside the simple issue of household decisions about shelter. We are in the most democratic of economic crises, and it stems directly from the character of our people.

We could put this another way: America’s housing market collapsed because conservatives lost the culture wars even back while they were prevailing in electoral politics. During the past half century America has changed from a nation in which most households had two parents with young children. We are now a mélange of alternative arrangements in which the nuclear family is merely a niche phenomenon. By 2025, single-person households may outnumber families with children.

http://www.firstthings.com/article.php3?id_article=6564

in other words, dopes.

Last edited by ddog; 04-20-2009 at 04:13 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:10 PM   #5
Suff
Beat up 💪

labeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
"Extreme Wrong" , .More like it.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:26 PM   #6
ddog

heed this righties , learn well while you may have a shot

SPENGLER
Why the West is Boyle'd
By Spengler

The West still has no idea what kind of trouble it's in.

Singer Susan Boyle, our latest instant celebrity, reminds me of any number of singers I conducted in amateur renditions of the easier Schubert or Haydn masses, or the sort of matron who sings "Katti-Shaw" or "Buttercup" in the local Gilbert and Sullivan production. Musical talent springs up like grass, and engaging voices are a dollar a dozen. That Boyle has come to embody the triumph of ordinary people over obscurity, complete with invitations to appear on Oprah and Larry King, is disheartening. The popular audience in the West likes to validate its own mediocrity, and crowns stars-for-a-day.

"In a time of economic strife and stress, she came out of nowhere to make us smile and maybe even shed a congratulatory tear or two for someone who had finally fulfilled a life-long dream. Hey, we all have our dreams, right?" gushed Steve Rosen at the Kansas City Star newspaper on April 17, in a variation of a theme that has appeared in numberless versions in the media.

Meanwhile, in China, 60 million children are learning Western classical music under the gimlet gaze of strict teachers. East Asian singers, particularly Koreans, are working their way up the ranks of provincial opera companies, and every one of them sings better than Boyle. Who do you think is going to run the world 20 years from now? As the Italians say, we're bolliti, "boiled". Now we can spell it with a "y". I hate to always be the one to say this, but the hope is fatuous. No, you can't.

The rest:

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/China/KD21Ad01.html

yeah yeah yeah , you heard it all before, this time is no different.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 04-20-2009 at 05:08 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:30 PM   #7
ArlJim78

i just read that spengler letter about an hour ago. basically i agree with him, we're screwed. although i don't see it as a left or right issue. i don't think either side realizes how damaged we are. the economy, culture, level of education, etc.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:33 PM   #8
ddog

i think it's a bit of a l r issue as I don't think the true hard lefty is ever going to get it, thus they are dead enders now.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:05 PM   #9
ArlJim78

the more i think about it, of course the left is more clueless. people on the right are more concerned, they can feel something is not right. but I don't think many even on the right know how far in front china actually is.

the left thinks everything is hunky dory now with the savior, how we're going to have free health care, green power, free education, blah, blah.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:07 PM   #10
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suff
"Extreme Wrong" , .More like it.
That's still allowed too, correct? Or is there some new gov't agency you can call and rat out the "extreme wrong?"
Old 04-20-2009, 10:56 PM   #11
BlueShoe

Sorry Spengler

Do not know who Spengler is,but his anti American,anti West,anti Capitalism tirade is bunk.China is still decades behind the West in many areas,with tens of millions living in relative poverty with no real chance to catch up.They are more likely to collapse and implode than to become the planets dominant superpower.Remember the 80's when the Japanese were predicted to be a world economic superpower?That was shortly before their economy crashed and burned.No Communist run economy can compete with Western free enterprise systems.The Soviet Union collapsed for this reason,and the Russians were far more advanced than are the ChiComs.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:48 AM   #12
HUSKER55

why is everyone so concerned about getting rid of the christian religion

If it is soooo wrong then why worry.

The answer is everyone looks in the mirror and is afraid.
The christian god demands that we do nothing except believe and do what we can.

that scares the hell out of a lot of people.

On a talk show the other night they were saying how muslims believe that "by faith or by the sword" you will believe.

That is not faith and that is not a religion. Ask a local muslim if you think I am wrong.

I don't have to do anything but sit back and what the rest of the world implode.

something else religous doomsayers propogate. we have to be active in our faith or as stated above the anti christ is a jew.

chritianity is based on faith and not on race. that is why it is physically impossible to be a racist and a christian. it is in the bible. Minister said so a couple sundays back.

The difference is very simple. Those who work and those who don't. Those who eat well and those who don't. If those that don't spent as much time working as those that do then there would be none of "those that don"t.

But wait,..that would mean no more hand outs and no free lunches on someone elses dime, and no need for a government the size of ours.

BY God!! Imagine that...heaven on earth !

No Balls.......No baby!

Have you ever noticed that those who do not have a pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of always seem to know how to handle the money of those who do.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:02 AM   #13
Bubba X
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
I might.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 04-21-2009 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Keep it up....I'm game....
Old 04-21-2009, 02:07 PM   #14
Lefty

bubba, so you think that people who believe that people who believe if they are successful they shouldn't be taxed at a much higher pctg than the unsuccessful, people who beloeve that the larger the govt the less freedoms we have, people who believe in the right to life, moral values, and that we should defend this country against the enemy, are the same as the a-r-y-a-n
nation? Wow. I think your synapses not firing on all cylinders. Matbe a medical thing.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:34 PM   #15
Bubba X
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty
bubba, so you think that people who believe that people who believe if they are successful they shouldn't be taxed at a much higher pctg than the unsuccessful, people who beloeve that the larger the govt the less freedoms we have, people who believe in the right to life, moral values, and that we should defend this country against the enemy, are the same as the a-r-y-a-n
nation? Wow. I think your synapses not firing on all cylinders. Matbe a medical thing.
It took me a while to get through the highlighted passage. The answer to your question is no. The thread is singulary for the reason of demonstrating that unsavory politician-religous leader relationships are not the sole practice of Democrats. I suppose I can see how you took the path to the assumption you made but no. I would, however, take exception to you inferring moral values are absent in those not considered part of the far right.

Having said no, I do believe with no reservation the religous right plays a far greater role in GOP presidential primary politics than is warranted by the make up of the electorate that would either definitely vote or perhaps vote Republican.

How else can you explain why Giuliani got wiped out because he could not get to the right of Hillary on Life/Choice? Or how Romney disappeared early as well? Not to mention Huckabee's improbable run?

Again, the point was to offer a contrast to the Obama-Wright relationship.

Still get a "wow" from you?
Closed Thread