Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 09-12-2008, 07:55 AM   #1
RichieP

Jim "The Hat" Bradshaw - Spot Play - Fastest Pace Last Race

Mike (P.A.) was very nice to expand the attachment capabilities here so I could give all of you a piece of Hat's teachings to me to have and look over at your convenience.

What follows is a specific spot play from Jim complete with past performances, pre race instructions on priming one's mind contained in a 1 hour long audio/visual presentation for you to download and save for future reference. It is complete from A-Z.

The "Hat Helpers" you will see are direct quotes from the man himself recorded by me during the 2 years I had learning from him one on one. I will never put words in that man's mouth. What you see is 100% Bradshaw for clarity.

If you consider yourself a "numbers" oriented player I think you will benefit from this thread and Jim's matchup concepts.

I use Ted Craven's RDSS software which is MY software of choice for matching horses. When you see the screens I use and what they do for ME you will see why.

I want to thank Bill Varone from Pace and Cap for hosting the hour long video that you will be able to grab and save. The video is free from any spy ware/tracking garbage that is so prevalent today.

Lastly a great big thank you to LeRoi Bradshaw for giving me her blessing to "share Jimmy" with some of you here through his teachings.

What follows is Jim "The Hat" Bradshaw's "Fastest Pace Last Race" spot play consisting of sprinters stretching out to a route distance today.

Last edited by RichieP; 09-12-2008 at 07:56 AM.
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2008, 07:58 AM   #2
RichieP

Jim "The Hat" Bradshaw's Fastest Pace Last Race:
http://www.paceandcap.com/Jim%20B.wmv
Old 09-12-2008, 10:46 AM   #3
HEY DUDE
DIGITALLY INCORRECT

RICHIE P,

Good video dude.
HEY DUDE is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2008, 11:42 AM   #4
46zilzal
velocitician

Many improving winners are "hidden" in a fast paced race where they appear not able to keep up. A good angle.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:35 PM   #5
BIG HIT

Thank you

And two miss bradshawGave it quick test 5 trk's of sat 8-23-08 had 11 plays 9 plays won in range of $ 3.00 to $27.00 not bad at all very happy with prospect's and give's different perspective of looking at race very generous of you both.May good fortune and health always be with you
BIG HIT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2008, 11:11 PM   #6
Maxspa

Spot Play!

Richie,
Thanks for sharing the Jim Bradshaw "Spot Play" and particularly the detailed explanation in the video! Your presentation certainly pointed out the value that Ted Craven's software has when comparing the contenders!
The "Hat" would have been proud of your efforts!
Maxspa
Maxspa is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2008, 11:40 PM   #7
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

I love the voice, it sounds like one of the guys from goodfellas is handicapping the race.
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2008, 11:05 AM   #8
shoelessjoe

To give you an honest opinion I couldnt get through 20 minutes of it,there was way to much repetition.In order to keep people's attention you have to be short and get to the point as quickly as possible.I realize though you have not made too many of these videos and only practice will help.
shoelessjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2008, 11:12 AM   #9
Donnie

Richie-
Thanks for sharing.
The Hat is proud of you. It appears you have begun a journey to walk further in his footsteps.
BOL to you and yours!
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2008, 11:55 AM   #10
xtb

Great stuff Richie, and your generosity is appreciated by many.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2008, 12:29 PM   #11
shoelessjoe

Richie,Think of it like a tv show which has a beginning,middle and end.If you are too repititous in the beginning [that's the hook]you will have people tuning out before the end.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:40 PM   #12
RichieP

Thank you for all the feedback.

I know that it IS extremely repetitive throughout the video. This was by design. This is exactly how I was taught by Hat especially at the beginning of him teaching/mentoring me.

He just kept pounding the same things to me over and over. There was NO fun and games type stuff when he was in "that zone" of his. He was very serious and would often tell me "Rich hush up and pay attention please"

Then the drill of me giving styles/pace etc to him would resume. It seemed like it never ended.

He would also move VERY quickly back and forth between the early runners like you see me doing only I have the aid of a software while he was 100% Form.

He taught QUICKLY at first sight of a race. Then he would stop abruptly and ask "do you follow Rich"? When I told him no he would IMMEDIATELY have me start with the 1 horse this time going SLOWLY giving him the styles and 1c pace of the early runners. After a pass through in this manner he would STOP the session for that day and tell me to focus on the last step he had done with me (running styles and 1c pace of true early runners).

When I asked him later on why he went so quickly and then would come back to things he had already shown me he told me it was to get me used to making SNAP or INSTANT decisions instead of "thinking too much". He told me dozens of times I would "have the horse in my head" and after thinking too darn much wound up "letting him get away".HIS words.

He would snap his fingers and by 2nd snap answers to his questions had better been forthcoming. That was Hat.

I did the best I could to replicate that process of
1) showing
2) moving to something else
3) revisit step 1 quickly
4) moving to something else
5) revisit step 1

etc etc. The parts constantly repeated (and I do mean constantly)were
1) Identifying running styles
2) Identifying early horses then their 1c pace
3) will the race be WON early or other than early

It is mind numbing but deemed very necessary by the man himself. The 3 parts above are all contained in his "5 step approach" and when folks would write him to tell of their problems he ALWAYS put them back to the repeating process of working the 5 step approach.

I hooked up a close friend of Shoeless's (Pino) for a couple of one on one sessions with Jim by telephone. Jim focused on the things above with him.

I hooked my paisan Charlie up for a couple of sessions one on one with the man by phone. Same focus on the same things.

Constantly repeating steps to acquire pattern recognition skills. One of the cornerstones of Jim "The Hat" Bradshaw's Matchup Concepts.

I'll bow out now as what I wanted to do has been done and I am sure Jim would be happy that some folks have gotten something from his work. I know I am real happy!

Take care and enjoy!

Last edited by RichieP; 09-13-2008 at 12:46 PM.
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2008, 12:48 PM   #13
shoelessjoe

Suit yourself but being repetitious by telephone and doing it by video are two different animals.Anyway everybody else likes it so my opinion seems to be off base I wont comment any further.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:56 PM   #14
amazingD

YEah t hanks and I found a play from your work by accident. My software is very on when 75% the horses have the same last race distance and are now all switching to a new distance. Guess it gets a good line on the winner somehow.
amazingD is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2008, 02:22 PM   #15
amazingD

deleware race 6

HEY make some picks on this race... its almost all are going a route for the first time. AND WHY
amazingD is offline   Reply With Quote Reply