Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-16-2017, 09:45 PM   #46
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
If you just read the headlines here you are left with the impression that Franken sexually harassed Morgan. Reading the headlines is all most Trump/Moore supporters do.

If you read the story, you find that Franken and Morgan appeared together on Bill Maher's Politically Incorrect program. Franken challenged some phony budget numbers that Morgan used. After the program, Franken tried to continue the discussion. Morgan, like all conservatives caught in a lie, refused.

I can understand Franken's frustration at having all the facts on his side and having them ignored by conservatives-believe me, it happens to me all the time here-but he should have just let it go. And of course we only have her word for the tenor of the conversations after the show.

But the main point is that it was not sexual by any definition of that term. It was a political disagreement,
Please keep up. My point on the Morgan issue is that Franken was harassing her. People with that problem>>Can't let go, won't stop when others have asked them to back off....that's a major personality issue. Harassment is NOT ok. Dig it?

I'd get fired if I stalked a co worker I had a disagreement with and kept pressing an issue that was already addressed, and the co worker asked me to stop. Why? Because it's harassment.

She told him she'd call the cops if he persisted. That alone tells you he's got a problem. The Tweeden case just took it to the next level. SEXUAL harassment.

Got it? I hope so.

Last edited by ElKabong; 11-16-2017 at 09:46 PM.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2017, 12:03 PM   #47
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Please keep up. My point on the Morgan issue is that Franken was harassing her. People with that problem>>Can't let go, won't stop when others have asked them to back off....that's a major personality issue. Harassment is NOT ok. Dig it?
Franken apologists set up a straw man of accusations of sexual harassment here, and then claim he did nothing wrong because it clearly wasn't sexual.

It wasn't sexual harassment, it was psychotic. Who would want either from a public official?

Franken's issues are so serious that the Minneapolis Star Tribune, a paper that is left of the WaPost or the NY Times, is suggesting that he should resign.

https://hotair.com/archives/2017/11/...-leave-senate/
Old 11-17-2017, 05:19 PM   #48
highnote

Franken should resign. No credibility now.

Bill Clinton should have resigned.

Trump should resign.

Pence should resign because he knew about Trump's crotch-grabbing before the election, but gave him a pass. Pence put politics ahead of his morals. Of course, that's not surprising given he is a politician. If his moral compass is this low, how will he respond to even bigger moral conundrums? He has shown he cannot be trusted. Hypocrite.

These lyrics by John Lennon from his song "Gimme Some Truth" reach across both sides of the aisle and are still relevant today:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burls View Post
You've got it right, Tom.
Al Franken's gotta go.
And so does Roy Moore.

But do you know what else?
Bill Clinton's needs to be brought to task for the things he did which caused accusations by numerous women.

And even more importantly, Donald Trump, the present President of the United States has got to face the music for all of the "pussy grabbing" he has done.

If they've all got accusations against them by multiple women, then they've all got to be treated the same way.

Last edited by highnote; 11-17-2017 at 05:29 PM.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2017, 05:30 PM   #49
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
These lyrics by John Lennon from his song "Gimme Some Truth" reach across both sides of the aisle and are still relevant today:
Old 11-17-2017, 05:37 PM   #50
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Who knows? I haven't heard it, yet.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:06 PM   #51
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by highnote View Post

Trump should resign.

Pence should resign because he knew about Trump's crotch-grabbing before the election, but gave him a pass. Pence put politics ahead of his morals. Of course, that's not surprising given he is a politician. If his moral compass is this low, how will he respond to even bigger moral conundrums? He has shown he cannot be trusted. Hypocrite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDDJeM5R4PM
The difference in your examples is that the PEOPLE voted in Trump AFTER knowing of what you call "crotch grabbing" (which was not <eye roll>).

And that's just a stupid comment about Pence. Again, the PEOPLE said yes to Trump even after, so maybe Pence and the people have a qualified opinion that just happens to be different than yours. For starters, we know the difference between bawdy talk in private and actually committing a sexual assault.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2017, 07:14 PM   #52
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by highnote View Post

Trump should resign.

Pence should resign because he knew about Trump's crotch-grabbing before the election, but gave him a pass. Pence put politics ahead of his morals. Of course, that's not surprising given he is a politician. If his moral compass is this low, how will he respond to even bigger moral conundrums? He has shown he cannot be trusted.
Maybe not, a perfect man has yet to be elected period. Minnesotans are the ultimate judge for Senator Franken as they should be. I am not missing my chance to support American Ladies, just think the ladies of Minnesota know better what they want. I look to exactly what Ted Kennedy did to Mary Jo Kopechne and how Massachusetts handled that. Both examples are of people I loath, but feel these decisions are better left to people who vote and not goobers like Mitch McConnell and Chuck Schumer.
fast4522 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2017, 09:48 PM   #53
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Maybe not, a perfect man has yet to be elected period. Minnesotans are the ultimate judge for Senator Franken as they should be. I am not missing my chance to support American Ladies, just think the ladies of Minnesota know better what they want. I look to exactly what Ted Kennedy did to Mary Jo Kopechne and how Massachusetts handled that. Both examples are of people I loath, but feel these decisions are better left to people who vote and not goobers like Mitch McConnell and Chuck Schumer.
In Kennedy's case, he should've been in jail and unable to run for office.

What I've always wondered is the amount of money it took to keep Mr. and Mrs. Kopechne quiet. $100,000? $1m? What was their daughter worth in $ that kept them from raising holy hell?
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2017, 10:23 PM   #54
davew

Maybe he should set an example and resign and ask all others in Washington DC who have ever done anything like that to resign as well.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2017, 11:24 PM   #55
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
Maybe he should set an example and resign and ask all others in Washington DC who have ever done anything like that to resign as well.
That would be a good start.
Old 11-18-2017, 04:51 AM   #56
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
The difference in your examples is that the PEOPLE voted in Trump AFTER knowing of what you call "crotch grabbing" (which was not <eye roll>).

And that's just a stupid comment about Pence. Again, the PEOPLE said yes to Trump even after, so maybe Pence and the people have a qualified opinion that just happens to be different than yours. For starters, we know the difference between bawdy talk in private and actually committing a sexual assault.
Good post .
I would add that a liberal quoting John Lennon (as much as I liked his music) doesn't offer a lot of perspective in support of an opinion.
Marshall Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2017, 08:05 AM   #57
Nutz and Boltz
Mad as hell !

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
Nutz and Boltz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2017, 08:36 AM   #58
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
In Kennedy's case, he should've been in jail and unable to run for office.

What I've always wondered is the amount of money it took to keep Mr. and Mrs. Kopechne quiet. $100,000? $1m? What was their daughter worth in $ that kept them from raising holy hell?
Yeah, perfect example of how the dems respect women.
The whole damn Kennedy family was perverted.
The whole damn party is "don't ask, don't tell" when it comes to women.
Old 11-18-2017, 09:04 AM   #59
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
Good post .
I would add that a liberal quoting John Lennon (as much as I liked his music) doesn't offer a lot of perspective in support of an opinion.
Lennon's lyrics are spot on and apply to politicians across the political spectrum. No political party has a monopoly on sexual harassment.
Old 11-18-2017, 09:07 AM   #60
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
As far as I am aware Jesus was the only perfect man and I can only accept that on faith.

Unfortunately there are a lot of men who are low life snakes and weasels. Doubly unfortunate is that those kind get elected to office.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: